Meant to Be

Setting into motion the events and plans of the fu

Those words were strong and have lasted for a long time. Yet those were spoken when we were 6. Now I’m 16, we’re 16 and up until this year those words have rang true. Jeff and Chuck even became to like me once we turned 10. Seb came around when we were 9. They even started a band surprisingly enough they are good. And while he was in band practice I met a guy who became my boyfriend. Which surprised me. I’m not horribly ugly by any means but I’m not hott. According to Pierre and David I am but that’s different and they don’t count. My boyfriend is a skater and he says the only reason he goes to school is to see me. David doesn’t like him and neither does my mom. I don’t care maybe if they were around I’d let them tell me about him but they aren’t and they don’t know him like I do. But just part of me wishes it were David who loved me and wanted to be with me like this guy does. This guy loves me and I think I might love him I don’t know though I still think it should have been me and David, instead of me and Will.

“Alex are we going to the movies tonight or what?” David asked. He and the guys had me surrounded in the hall.

“Will wanted me to go with him to a party. I’m sure you could go if you wanted.”

“Your mom won’t let you go to a party.”

“She’s not home I told you she leaves this weekend for some kind of business thing.”

“ Alex please come with us to the movies.” Jeff said.

“But Will is my boyfriend and he wants me with him at this party.”

“Who’s throwing the party?”

“Dean.”

“Don’t go there will be drinking.”

“I won’t do it don’t worry.”

“Hey no gang raping my girlfriend in public.” Will said as he broke their circle around me. “If you want her that bad go to the janitor’s closet.” He put his arm around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss. “You’re going to the party right?”

“Of course.”

“And you’ll let me come over afterward maybe have a little sleep over.”

“Sure you can sleep over at your house.”

“I was thinking in your bed.”

“No I don’t think so I’ve only known you for 4 months.”

“Lets go guys we don’t matter I guess.” David said turning around.

“David don’t be like that you know you’re my best friend.”

“No I’m not, Will is.” He left, as did the rest of the guys.

“Just let me stay in your bed we won’t do anything.”

“Maybe it’ll be alright. Is they’re going to be drinking at this party?”

“ Yeah Dean always has the right stuff for the right buzz.”

“So you’re going to drink?”

“Yeah that’s why we’re going.”

“I’m driving then.”

“Why?”

“I’m not going to let you drive drunk.”

“Fine. I’ll see you there.” He kissed me again and left. I walked around the corner and there was David and Pierre.

“He’s going to be drinking you aren’t letting him stay at your house while he’s drunk and your mom is out of town.” David said.

“And you would rather have him driving?”

“NO I’d rather not have him in our life.”

“My life your life there is no our life.” I walked away angrily.
“I want there to be.” He said it under his breath.

“I know you do man let’s go.” Pierre said.

“We can’t let this happen.”

“Tell your mom.”

“Or we could go to the party.”

“Guys he’s said he’s going to nail her tonight.” Seb said running up to them.

“What?” Pierre asked.

“Will said he bought roofies from some guy and is going to nail Alex tonight at the party.”

“How do you know?”

“He was telling some of his friends as they were walking past my locker. We can’t let that happen.”

“I’m going to that party and he won’t harm her.” David said.

“Your mom won’t let you and she wouldn’t let Alex either.”

“Tell mom to let Alex stay with us while her mom’s gone.”

“Do it save her she’ll hate you if you crash the party but if you have your mom stop her she can’t be mad at you.”

“Fine lets go.” They ran to David’s house and she agreed to let me stay over as long as I slept on the couch. His mom called my mom who agreed it was a better idea the leaving me by myself. I was told this idea when I got home an hour later.

“I’m going out with Will tonight tell his mom so I can.” I yelled at my mom.

“I don’t like him anyway you always go out with David and the guys on Friday why can’t you do that this week.”

“Because he asked me out for tonight.”

“Fine I’ll tell her.” That was the last I spoke to mom before she left. I called Will to let him know there was a change in plans and he said it was ok we could always sneak into my house after the party and have a little fun. For some reason I agreed that it sounded like a good idea. Around 7 I went over to David’s house. Will was to pick me up around 8 so we could have a little dinner before we went to the party. I wasn’t really hungry which seemed to please him off some. Then we went to the party that god damn party. For the first few hours it was fine and we were all having fun. But then that 3rd hour came. That was the hour I began to feel light headed and dizzy. Will carried me up to a room and laid me on the bed. That’s when I blacked out.

David and Pierre snuck into the party to keep an eye on me. They saw him slip me the roofies into my sprite and watched me closely afterward. They saw him take me upstairs and they saw how much he had been drinking. They followed him upstairs leaving a 9-minute head start for him. When they burst into the room he had my top off and had my pants almost clean off. He was concentrating on my bra, which he was having problems with. I was just lying there passed out he got the bra off before the guys reacted and began to go for my thong. Pierre tackled him before he got my underwear down to far. David took off his shirt and put it on me. Will had thrown mine out the window. He picked me up and carried me back to his house. He lived 15 blocks away.

“You can go home Pierre, you don’t have to stay.” David said once they were in his room he laid me under the covers. He kissed my forehead.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah I’m just going to go sleep on the couch. He can’t hurt her anymore tonight.”

“Tomorrow is your birthday.”

“I know let’s see if she remembers.”

“I know it’s late but what do you want?”

“Her to leave him”

“How bout something I can do?”

“Nothing you’ve done enough.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Pierre left and David came and sat on the bed beside me.

“Don’t do this to me it’s bad enough you left me once when we were six and weren’t able to be with me for my birthday. Don’t make this a second time.” He ended up falling asleep beside me lying with me in his bed. That was how we woke up at 9:30. “Where am I? I said as I tried to wake up. David shifted next to me. I looked at him and saw this sweet little boy who I knew I loved just couldn’t act on that love. He was sleeping so soundly it was beautiful like an angel. He had one of his arms draped over my waist and the other was hanging off the side of the bed. I leaned forward and kissed his lips softly wishing I could always wake up this way.

“Alex you’re awake?” He said as I pulled my lips away.

“Don’t call me Alex.”

“Lexie? Can I call you Lexie?” his eyes looked disappointed that he could no longer call me by the name that he had given me when we were four.

“Sure, why am I here what happened to Will?”

“You should dump him.”

“Why I know you don’t like him but isn’t that extreme?”

“He tried to rape you. Dump that piece of trash.”

“I don’t believe you, he wouldn’t do that.”

“ Then why are you sleeping in my shirt?”

I looked at my body and sure enough his shirt was on me.” DO you want it back?”

“Yeah I do dump him I want you back to.” I took off his shirt and threw it at him he dodged it and it landed on the floor.

“You never had me.”

“You’ve always had me, I want you don’t you want me at all?”

“That’s not the point the point is I’m with Will. You just have to deal with it nothing can
ever happen between us for that reason.”

“Lexie come on give me a chance I’d treat you so much better.”

“David no we can’t do that.”

“Why not?”

“ Cuz when I was 6 I promised I’d never leave you.”

“ You left me the day you started dating Will. Please dump him. I’ve been waiting for you to realize you don’t love him you love me like I love you.”

“You don’t love me.”

“Don’t tell me I don’t love you cuz I do. I love you Lexie and I want you to be my girlfriend. I’ve been waiting and keeping myself available for you.” I couldn’t say anything I just laid there speechless. “Dump that piece of trash that tried to rape you. He put roofies in your sprite.”

“He wouldn’t do that.”

“Don’t you trust me?”

“I do but I.” David slid his body onto mine and kissed me. His kiss was soft and tender I knew at that moment he did love me and I knew that he knew I loved him too. It was wonderful until Pierre walked into David’s room. David had no shirt on, I had no bra or shirt and he was on top of me.

“Happy birthday…” Pierre said. He saw us kissing and fell speechless. I ducked under the covers and David rolled off of me. “I see the strippers came early. But to bad you got a shy one.”

“Pierre! How’d you get in?”

“Did I interrupt something? Like maybe you doing the thing we stopped Will from doing last night? You did tell her right?”

“Yeah but still we weren’t doing anything.”

“That you hadn’t wished you would have done since you were 2.”

“Shut up, we’ll leave you so you can get dressed.” David pushed Pierre out of the room.

“What the hell were you doing?”

“Telling her to dump Will. She can do better.”

“You want her and that is why you said that.”

“She can’t do better then someone who wanted to rape her?”

“She can. No duh but I thought it would be me.”

“Are you serious?”

“No I’ve hoping for you two since I met you both.”

“It’s what I wanted for my birthday right?”

“Yeah and I will say one thing.”

“WHAT?”

“She has a nice rack.” David smacked him as I came out of the room. I threw him a shirt and then gave him a hug.

“What’s that for?”

“You’re right I do want you.” I walked away from them and David put his shirt on. He looked at Pierre and then chased after me. He grabbed my shoulder and I turned around and gave him a kiss. He kissed me back and it soon turned into a french kiss to bad at that moment his mom walked in. he smiled at me and bit his lip just as he did when we were younger.

“What?”

“I love you.” his mom just walked away knowing that this was meant to be. I hugged him and kissed his cheek. “ What about Will?”

“I’ll call him later he won’t sober up for a while. He never does after he gets drunk.”

“Ok how do you know that?’

“This isn’t the first time he’s been drunk around me.”

“Oh, I guess he gets drunk a lot.”

“Yeah but it’s nice he actually kisses me like he loves me when he’s drunk.”

“Do I kiss like I love you?”

“You talk, hug, and kiss like you love me.”

“Good cause I do.”

“So did will until he learned I was a virgin and I wouldn’t give it up easily. Do you care about that?”

“You were half naked in my bed last night passed out if I cared you wouldn’t be a virgin today.”

“Great!” that was when my phone rang, “it’s Will.”

“Answer it.”

“Hello?” I said answering the phone.

“ Where are you?!” Will yelled at me loud enough for David to here.

“David’s house I told you I was staying there this weekend.”

“Come stay with me!”

“ I have to stay here.”

“ I don’t want you near that dumb fuck. He ruined our night last night.”

“I don’t remember last night what happened?”

“You finally agreed”

“No I didn’t did I?”

“ Yes you did! You said we could finally make our love sacred.”

“No I didn’t but while we’re on the subject of our love it’s over.”

“What?”

“David said you were going to rape me at the party last night.”

“I would never that… I’ll beat his sorry ass for this.”

“We’re over don’t call me anymore.”

“ Tell him he’s dead.” Will hung up on me. I looked at David who was as white as a ghost. Will was a lot stronger then David and could easily beat him up.

“I’m scared now.” Pierre came running up to us.

“Band practice come on you can tell the guys you’re finally together.” Pierre said throwing us each a light jacket.

“Mom we’re going to band practice!” David yelled.

“Make sure you’re home by 7.”

“Ok fine I’ll be back.” we walked out the door and David held my hand as we traveled through the streets to Chuck’s house. Technically the basement after all they are a basement band and chuck’s basement is soundproof.

“Guess what guys?” Pierre exclaimed as we walked into the basement.

“I’ll never guess.” Seb said messing with his strings.

“David and Alex.”

“What about them?”

“They’re a couple finally.”

“That’s great finally no more sad nights cuz she’s out with will! No more having to hear him complain about the fact the she neglects him.”

“Did I neglect you?” I asked as we came in.

“A little.” he said shyly. He went and grabbed his bass. That was when they suggested the first song that they should play. When I’m with you. I knew that he had been working on a song for a while and I knew that somehow he had been hurting for a while but listening to that song made me realize that it was me who made him hurt and write the song. They went through the song and it was great even though it made me feel really bad.

“Did you like it?” Chuck asked.

“I never heard that one before.” I said.

“That’s because I just finished a week and a half ago.” David said looking at his shoe. “You haven’t been to a practice for a month.”

“I’m sorry guys I guess I messed up.”

“No not really.” Pierre said.

“It’s good. I can feel the emotion coming from it.”

“That’s good because a lot of emotion went into it.” David said still looking at his shoe. He started playing one of the band’s most popular songs I’m Just A Kid. I listened closely as he sang the final chords his voice was strong a lot stronger then a month ago.

“Break!” Seb yelled running for the cooler, he started throwing sodas out at us.

“We’ve only played 2 songs.” Jeff said catching his cola.

“Today’s a good day though I don’t want to waste all my time practicing.”

“Why is it a good day?”

“For one we are celebrating David and Alexis. And 2 we are celebrating David’s birthday. And for 3 we are celebrating the fact that there is only 1 week until our first gig.”

“Our first gig?” David asked.

“Pierre you were supposed to tell him.”

“What is he talking about?”

“The battle of the bands? Remember? We got it we’re in the first round.”

“Are you kidding?”

“NO! Why would I kid you about this.”

“I can’t believe it they never take anyone off the streets with out a fan base.”

“They did with us.”

“Happy birthday David!” Chuck shouted.

“Happy birthday!” the rest of us shouted too.