‹ Prequel: Giving In
Status: active :)

And This Time, I'm Not Leaving Without You

Unexpected

The next day we had breakfast all together, and then they had left after that. It was around 11:30 when Darien appears out of nowhere.
“Finally, they had left,” He says as he takes a drink out of the fridge.
I roll my eyes at him. “So, what did the Council say?”
He smiles, “They are proud and they accept that you want to finish school. However, there are still jobs to be done, especially in New York. So, as long as it isn’t totally in your way, you must assist me when I need you.”
I shrug, “Okay.”
“Great. So, get ready.”
"I have to do some killings now?” I ask.
He nods.
“Fine,” I say and head towards my bedroom.
--
“Vampires?” I question him as I put my stake in my fall jacket.
“Yes, about four of them.”
“Are they bad vamps?” I ask him another question.
He laughs, “They’re all bad.”
I guess I had to see for myself.
--
It was horrible. There were humans everywhere. There were either chained up on the wall or in cages. They were definitely the bad kind.
Darien stops me from walking. He motions me towards the other way as he starts heading another direction.
I walk slowly, it was dark but I could still see well. I hear snarling and growling. I sensed two in the room. I sensed the location of the first one and went after it. I as pulled off by the other one. I tried to kick the other one but it had grabbed my foot and twisted it. The one that had me bit into my shoulder as the other bit into my wrist. I screamed in pain.
Then it stopped. They were now on the floor screaming in pain. I limped away from them as another came out of nowhere.
“Slayer,” It hissed.
It grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. I struggled to get out of its grasps. I reached for my stake and felt it wasn’t there. I look around and see it on the floor.
“Shit,” I whispered.
I felt a tugging sensation in my chest.
Oh well…
All of a sudden, it stopped and I opened my eyes and see it on the floor and Darien in front of me, panting.
“You’re stupid. Didn’t you sense two in the room?” He yells at me.
I look down at the two vampires that bit me. There was white foam coming out of their mouths and definitely dead. I saw my stake and picked it up and put it back in my jacket.
“I did sense two. I just acted on impulse…”
“Never do that. Pree, you must be careful. Always plan your attack even if you only have two seconds,” He leads me out to where the humans are. They’re all still passed out. We open their cages and chains and leave.
“You’re lucky the first two vampires were new. They probably didn’t even know we existed. I had that happened to me a couple of times. Which is fine with me, our blood kills them. Pains us for a few moments though, but not that bad,” He explains as we drive back to my house.
He laughs, “The irony though is that our blood smells more delicious to them than regular humans.”
I look at my shoulder and wrist, it is completely healed by now, but there is a scar in both places. They ripped my favorite shirt too and now stained with my blood.
He sees me look at them and says, “Don’t worry too much about those; I have a few on me too.”
I nod and look out the window. I couldn’t help to go back to where I almost died and how I didn’t care much. I thought I wanted to live. Did I? It’s the reason I joined Darien and the rest of the Slayers.
“Anyways, I have a first aid kit in my trunk. I’ll wrap your foot up when we get back to your place,” He grabs my hand and kisses it. I felt a wave of love and affection he had for me.
I’m too tired to move it.
--
I limped towards the trunk of the car. Darien stops me. “Go on a head, I got it.” He smiles.
I gave him a small smile and limped towards my house. When I got to the stairs I had a sharp pain go through my head. I had to sit.
Darien runs towards me. “You okay?” He helps me up and leads me to the front door. I unlock it and we walk it.
“Pree?” I hear in the darkness of the house.
I switch my light on to see the Cullen family in my living room. I frown.
Darien protectively draws me closer to him and was almost out the door.
“Wait,” I say as I push him off me.
They all looked at me and Darien and back to me. Oh God. It looked wrong.
“It is wrong; you have chosen to go with them?” Edward takes a step forward.
I laugh. “What did you expect me to do?”
I turn to Darien and grab the first aid kit and sat down on my couch, ignoring them.
“Look, what is that you want from me now? You got any questions? Concerns? Go ahead, I’m not going anywhere. Darien, come in or leave your choice, I really don’t care,” I take my shoes and socks off and look at my ankle.
It was swollen and blue.
“It looks just sprained-” Carlisle heads over to me.
Darien quickly sits by me.
I show him and he asks someone to get me frozen pack from the freezer.
“It was worse than that before. She is healing it on her own,” Darien tells him.
Carlisle puts the frozen peas over my ankle. I take my jacket off and show him the two scars.
“You’re perfectly fine, they are completely healed,” He gets up and adds, “Don’t walk for at least a few hours; it will heal faster like that.”
“Thank you, can you guys please tell me what you’re doing here?” I finally look over at Jasper. He looks at me, his face showed no emotion but I felt a little wave of anger. There might have been more, I didn’t exactly work on my healing or feeling powers much.
He had the power of empathy so he definitely knew how I was feeling, even down to my sorrows.
“How can we trust you?” Rose says as her eyes sent daggers at me.
“How can we trust you blood suckers?” Darien sends the question back.
I frown at Darien. “Stop it,”
I look back at them, “You don’t trust me, I know. But you’re here for a reason. “
“Wait, Carlisle,” Edward warns him.
“No, this is important. We saw Dimitri-” He starts to say.
“Wait, he’s alive?” Darien asks.
I look over to him, “Yeah, something about when I kissed him, well when he kissed me I mean.”
“The Council knows nothing of this, I must tell them,” He gets up and heads to the door.
“I’ll call you in a few days,” He looks over at the family and back at me, “Be safe. I promise to leave the part about the Cullen’s out; they’ll kill you if they find out.”
He leaves and Alice and Bella come to sit next to me.
“Anything else?” I ask.
“Not really, we left right away. He looked crazy,” Bella says.
“So, are you guys staying in the city?” I ask them.
“Yeah, that was the plan. We wanted to protect you,” Alice hugs me.
“Thanks,” I smile.
“Are you with that guy? He was pretty close to you when you both got in,” Rose asks.
“He has a thing for me that I don’t understand but it isn’t mutual,” I tell her.
“Then why did you go with him?” Bella asks.
“For my eighteenth birthday he came here and he told me that the Council wanted me to work with them and that they weren’t going to go after me, only if I refused they were going to send more after me, so I obviously agreed. I didn’t want to fight them again,” I explained to all of them.
Bella sighs, “How could you even trust him. Do you remember what he did?”
“I know. I don’t trust him at all. But, he saved my life before. A vampire had me…” I trail off and remembered what had happened.
“Well, I’m glad he was there then,” Alice says.