My Best Friend's Brother

Chapter Three

“Gag me with a spoon.” I said while Chad and Deanna were kissing, she just happened to show up after about an hour of being here.

“You’re cute,” Chad said pulling away from Deanna.

“I wanna go on the Ferris Wheel!” Deanna said pulling Chad into the line. Since there was only room for two, I decided to sit this one out.

“Hey,” I looked up at the guy that was talking to me.

“Hi,” I said awkwardly, I wasn't exactly the person to talk to random people, apparently this guy was.

“I just wanted to let you know that you’re really pretty.” What was with this guy?

“Thank you completely random stranger,” I said, there was an awkward silence. I was waiting for him to leave. But that was obviously not going to happen. “So why are you talking to me anyways?” I asked looking up at him.

He shrugged, “I always like to introduce myself to pretty girls.”

“You haven’t even said your name yet.”

“Mark,” He said holding his hand out.

“Leighton,” I said shaking his hand.

“Nice to meet you Leighton, now why is a pretty girl like you standing over here alone?” This guy just wouldn't stop.

“I’m waiting for my friends, and I don’t think one of them will be too happy if he finds you talking to me.” I wasn’t trying to be mean; I was just stating the facts. Chad would be pissed if he saw me with any guys. I don’t know why, I swear he just wanted me to be single for the rest of my life.

“What is he your boyfriend or something?” I wish.

“No, he’s my best friend’s brother. And he’s really protective over me.”

”Well wouldn't that just make him like your brother?” It would, if I wasn't in love with him.

“I guess, but seriously Mark, he’s not going to like you talking to me.”

“Well he shouldn't be leaving a girl like you alone.”

I rolled my eyes, “Okay, you need to stop with that stuff.”

“I thought most girls like to be complimented all of the time like that.”

“Well I’m not like most girls and I don’t think a lot of them do.” I think they’d get annoyed with it after awhile like I do.

“Well how about I hang out with you until he gets back?”

I shrugged, “Your funeral.”

We talked a little, nothing big though, a lot of small talk. But I did find out that Mark lived half an hour away from me and he was a junior in high school, just like me. I have to admit that he seemed like a pretty cool guy.

“So are you gonna introduce me to this guy?” Chad asked once he and Deanna made their way over to us once they were off of the ride.

“Yeah, guys, this is Mark.” I said pointing to him. Chad didn't look so happy.

“Hi, I’m Deanna!” Deanna said holding her hand out, waiting for Mark to shake it.

“You are extremely nice, she wasn't at first.” Mark said looking at me and shaking Deanna’s hand.

“You never would've got past the first word if I was over here.” Chad said, it wasn't directed to Mark, it was more to himself.

“Well you weren't over here, so get over it.” I said giving Chad a look.

“So are you here with anyone? Because we would love to have you hangout with us,” Deanna said with her usual big smile.

“No, actually I’m alone; I’d love to hangout with you guys.” Mark said smiling down at me.

“Why did you do that?” I asked while I started walking ahead of everyone.

“You and Chad seem to have something going on.” Mark said catching up with me.

“Well we don’t so you can drop the topic.” I said crossing my arms.

“Well if you guys don’t have a thing then you’d say yes to going on a date with me.” I stopped and turned to him.

“Is that your weird way of asking me on a date?” Mark nodded and I sighed.

“Sure, I guess.” Is it normal for me to brace myself to be hurt later?

“Good, how about tonight?”

“Fine, but you can’t know where I’ll just meet you at the movie theater at seven. Got it?”

“Well why can’t I know where you live?” Was this guy being serious?

“Obviously you don’t pay attention to how Chad was acting. And I don’t want you to know where I live so you don’t end up stalking me one day.” Believe it or not, it has happened.

“What about getting home?” He was determined to go to my house.

“I’ll have Chad pick me up. You aren't going to know where my house is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter! So what do you think of the Mark guy? Comment and supscribe please!