My Best Friend's Brother

Chapter Four

“You mean for once you’re leaving me?” Olivia asked with a smile on her face.

“Yeah, we’re no where near even though.” I said, straightening my hair.

“Listen, I’m sorry for always doing that to you, but you know, we have spent almost every second together since you moved in. We need some time apart. So what is this guy like?”

I told Olivia about Mark. No I don't like him. I only agreed to go on a date with him because if I said no then I had a feeling that he wouldn't stop asking until I said yes. It’s not like he was a bad guy. I think it was just because I liked Chad a little too much. But maybe Mark came along for a reason. I mean there wasn't any chance of me even being with Chad anyways.

“He doesn't seem that that bad of a guy.” Olivia said once I was completely done getting ready and walked down the hall to Chad’s room.

“I’m ready to go!” I said banging on his door. Chad wasn't exactly happy that Mark had asked me out. But I was guessing that’s how all guys were when girls that were practically their little sisters were going on a date.

“I’m guessing you’re gonna need me to pick you up too.” Chad said, coming out of his room.

“Unless you want him to know where we live…”

“Why don’t you ever drive?”

I punched Chad’s arm. “You know how I feel about driving at night." One reason was because it’s dangerous and two was because that’s how my parents died.

“I don’t see why I have to drive you everywhere.” Chad said, making his way to his car in front of me.

“Because Olivia doesn't have her license yet and I don’t have a car.”

“Just to let you know, you shouldn't be looking like that for just going to the movies?”

I looked down at my outfit. “I didn't even change.”

“Exactly, if you’re not trying to impress him then you shouldn't be looking all cute and whatnot.”

“Just to let you know I don’t try to impress anyone and I’m only trying to look good because I never do.”

Chad scoffed, “You obviously never look in the mirror.”

“Obviously you’re lying.” I rolled my eyes.

“Are we really going to fight about this?” Chad asked, looking at me.

“Until you admit that you’re lying.” Chad pulled up to the side of the theater where Mark just happened to be standing.

“This isn't over.” I said getting out of the car.

“Just call me when you need me.” Chad said giving Mark a nasty look. “And watch out for him.”

“Not every guy that I date is a bad guy.”

“So far they all have been.” Chad said, driving away.

I turned to Mark. “So what are we seeing?” I asked.

Mark put his arm around my shoulder. “I was thinking The Hangover Part two.”

I nodded, “then let’s go.” Mark paid for the tickets and snacks. I didn't want any though. “I don’t get why theaters are always so cold.” I said rubbing my arms.

“Maybe you should have worn something else.” Mark said looking down at me.

“Maybe you should just be lucky that I agreed to come on this date with you.”

Mark was about to say something but the movie started. The movie was funny. The entire time Mark was trying to touch me. He either tried to touch my leg or put his arm around me. I gave up and let him after awhile. I wasn't trying to play heard to get. I've just been hurt by so many guys I don’t just let them be all over me.

“See, that date wasn’t so bad.” Mark said with his arm around me while we were leaving the theater.

“Yeah, but sadly I have to go.” I said, it wasn’t a sad thing for me. I started to walk away but Mark grabbed my arm.

“I’m not done with you yet.” He said pulling me back into him.

“How come it sounds like you’re about to murder me?” I asked with a smile, call me crazy but I was actually starting to like this guy. If he could put up with me like he did all day, he can’t be that bad.

“Because it’s too soon to end the date,” Mark said pulling me closer to him; he was probably about 5’10”, making him a good seven inches taller than me.

“Well what do you wanna do?” I asked looking up at him.

Mark shrugged, “Let’s go to the park.” He said, looking down at me.

“It’s ten at night, going to a park alone just screams kill us now.” I said, it wasn't all of the horror movies that I've seen, it was common sense.

Mark laughed, “I won’t let anything happen to you.”

We walked to the park that wasn't far from the theater. We just sat on the swings and talked. “So on a scale from one to ten how was this date for you?” Mark asked pulling my swing to his.

“Probably an eight,” I said with a smile.

“Really, because it was a ten for me,” He said getting closer.

“Well maybe in a few seconds it’ll be a ten.” I said before kissing him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp, here's another chapter! So what do you think of Mark so far? Do you think he's going to end up being good or bad? Comment please! I wanna know what you think of the story so far (: