Status: Complete. Feedback is appreciated! :)

A Great Mother No Matter What

Hey there! :) Here’s a new Buffy/Yu-Gi-Oh oneshot I cooked up. I was reading these great stories about Buffy’s mom, Joyce Summers, and it got me to thinking of a new crossover oneshot I could try my hand at. Plus, it is my opinion that Kristine Sutherland did a great job bringing Joyce to life on the show and made her the mother we all wish we had – kind and loving, but stern when it comes to discipline.

I’m sure that Kristine felt kind of sad when she saw the Season 5 episodes “The Body” and “Forever” and knew that her character, on whom she based her own experiences of being a mother herself, had died. But she also accepted that her character was going to die as she was going to spend some time in Europe, and was absent for the fourth season on Buffy because she had been traveling.

A few oneshots I read on FanFiction.Net were “Separation: verb: To break, to come apart” by Summers-Girl (such a great writer and reviewer), “Merry Christmas, I don’t want to fight tonight” by Beer Good, and “My Darling Daughter” by my friend Britt, aka magicaltears. They’re such great stories. Plus, those three author friends of mine really inspired me to write this. So I dedicate this to them.

This takes place during the Season 2 summer, when Buffy is in Los Angeles.

Disclaimer: Genius Joss Whedon owns Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Champion Kazuki Takahashi owns Yu-Gi-Oh. I own the oneshots, songfics, poems and stories I cook up from time to time.