Status: its a completed story, since i had it on quizilla under the name 'how far we've come', but i was bored so i edited it and posted it here.

In Over My Head

Yeah, Just Go Ahead And Kiss Me; My Reluctance Obviously Means I Want You.

"It's, ah, very extravagant" My dad finally choked out after staring at the hideous dress for five minutes.

We were at the McDonald's parking lot where we had agreed to meet at five p.m.

Sherry puckered her lips grimly, "Well your daughter insisted" she said through clenched teeth.

My dad raised an eyebrow at me, "Pandora?"

I resisted the urge to grin, "I'm sorry, daddy, I just thought she looked like a princess in it" I said innocently.

Instantly I knew that was the right thing to say for my dad's light blue eyes flashed with warmth and I had the feeling he was holding back saying "Aw, my baby girl" to me.

Before this could get a little too sentimental I excused myself and went inside with Jasper.

"Nice" He said to me in awe as we ordered something to eat and sat at one of the high-tables.

I grinned, "I know"

_____________________________

One week later

"What do you mean 'the Chapel's booked?? I've had the date set aside for months!!" Sherry's voice traveled to my room.

I looked up from my book and Jasper paused the game he was playing on his PSP.

"I did not call to cancel!! Why would I do that?!" Sherry yelled, "Well you can shove that statement up your *BEEP* for all I care!!"

Jasper grinned, and I shot him a look of approval, "You called?"

"Yep, I got the number out of her address notebook," He said smugly.

Then Sherry burst in, her blond hair fuzzed up making her look insaner than usual, "Which one of you did it?! Huh?! I know it was you little brats?!"

"Daddy!!" I yelled with a piercing cry.

My dad burst in with shampoo in his hair and a towel around his midriff, "What? What is it? Fire?"

"Sharon's yelling at us and I have no idea why" I said faking innocence.

My dad looked at Sherry confused.

"These little twerps messed with our Chapel arrangements so now we have no place to get married, dear" She grumbled glaring at us.

My dad seemed to breathe easier now that he was reassured none of us were in immediate danger, "Sharon, love, we can find another place. Maybe even the backyard!" My dad said hopefully pretending not to notice Sherry's horrified expression, "Now back to my shower"

Sherry looked back at us, "Jasper if you ruin my wedding I wont let you see your father next summer"

Jasper's eyes bugged, "What??! That's not fucking fair, you old hag, you promised!! You can't!"

Sherry gave him a menacing smirk, "Try me, little boy" then she looked at me, "As for you, daddy's princess, I'll make sure your daddy ships you off to that boarding school north of town"

With a last glare she left us to our little predicament.

"What are you thinking?" I asked Jasper after several moments.

"I'm thinking that I haven't seen my dad in seven years... it's been so long, Andy..."He said, his sad green eyes looking up to meet mine.

"But we cant let her win!" I objected standing up to pace beside him.

Jasper stood up, "Easy for you to say!! You already have a nice parental figure AND your grandparents! I've been denied that kind of love for seven fucking years!" He yelled at me and I was reminded of how mature Jasper actually was, he nearly reached my height, and I'd been treating as a kid for a long time.

He breathed harshly, staring coldly into my eyes, while his dirty blond bangs fell over his eyes in a wild manor, then he turned away meaning to go to the balcony.

"Wait" I protested grabbing his arm to stop him, "I'm sorry, Jasper, I-I guess I didn't think of that, if you want we can stop."

He looked at the hand holding his arm looking rather vulnerable and I was about to let go when he twisted around causing me to get pulled against him. At first I though he was gonna hug me but out of no where Jasper pressed his lips against mine.

My eyes widened and I tried to step away from him but he kept his pierced lips firmly molded against mine for a full minute.

Yes, I counted!

Finally, though, he opened his eyes and realization seemed to hit him.

Jasper let go of me and stepped back wiping his lips, "I-I'm so sorry, Andy, I-I don't know what-- I mean I don't even like you th-that way and I have no idea-- it was an accide--"

I cut him off, "It's okay" I said knowing he didn't mean to do it, but I still couldn't look at him in the eyes, "I get it, you were vulnerable, and, um, stuff"

"Andy, I-I'm seriously sorry" He said and although I knew he was I really couldn't deal with this right now, I mean I see Jasper as little brother; has any other older sister had this happen to them? I know of none, so case closed.

"I know, I'm just gonna go out for a second to, um, smoke dandelions" then I headed out my balcony.

"Dandelions?" He asked but I ignored him swinging my leg over the railing and then the other. I grabbed onto the vine that grew along the balcony and slowly climbed down.

Then I jogged away from my house deeper into the night, having no idea where I was headed to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I almost held up a grocery store
Where I almost did 5 years and then 7 more
Cuz I almost got popped for a fight with a thug
Cuz he almost made off with a bunch of the drugs
That I almost got hooked on cuz you ran away
And I wish I woulda had the nerve to ask you to stay

And I almost had you
But I guess that doesn’t cut it
Almost had you
And I didn’t even know it

You kept me guessing and now I guess that
I spent my time missing you
I almost wish you would’ve loved me too

Here I go thinking about all the things I could’ve done
I’m gonna need a forklift cuz all the baggage weighs a ton
I know we’ve had our problems I can’t remember one

I almost forgot to say something else
And if I cant fit it in I’ll keep it all to myself
I almost wrote a song about you today
But I tore it all open and I threw it away

And I almost had you
But I guess that doesn’t cut it
Almost had you
And I didn’t even know it

You kept me guessing and now I guess that
I spent my time missing you
And I almost had you

I almost wish you would’ve loved me too

-Almost,
Bowling For Soup

This is how I feel about that one guy... besides the grocery-jacking part and the drugs part... well the drugs are pretty relevant, since that's why he's moving away, but whatever. It's all the same. I told him I had feelings for him too late. He's gone and i'm here wondering about all the 'what if's.