Change

One

You know what’s sad? Sad is the past. Sad is me watching you from my lonely corner in math class and remembering two years ago. Sad is me watching and remembering grade eight when you wore glasses on your face instead of contacts, sad is me remembering when you wore jeans and aeropostal t-shirts instead of tank tops that show your cleavage and skirts that barely cover your ass. Before you got extensions and dyed your hair three thousand different colors. Two years ago that smile on your face was real, now it’s a fake as your extensions. Two years ago I had never heard you say a mean thing about anyone, now that’s all I heard come out of your mouth. You sure you haven’t changed that you are still the same as you have always been, how can you say that? How can you look in the mirror and say you have not changed? Two years ago I would have gladly been your friend; I would have had your back no matter what. Now I’m not so sure, I’m afraid of what the end result might be.

I see you are broken, I can see it on your face and I know who is responsible for that. It was Steven in eighth grade when he dumped you and shattered your heart. Your still not over that, you’re still in disbelief that he picked someone over YOU. It may be time to face the facts, You said once that you wanted to be a musician and I think you could have been, you’ve got a mean voice but at the same time I don’t because to make it in the music business you need to be real and passionate and now I’m not sure you have either of those. Yes it is sad how things change but in the same breath change is natural and it must be accepted. What I’ll never accept is though is how two years ago you were practically perfect in my eyes and now after the make-up , the new clothes and the contacts you couldn’t be farther away, of course what do I know, I’m just the lonely girl in math class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated :)