Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 10

Image

"Coming!" I called, walking into the living room. "What's up?"

"Sweetie," Denise said, "you're one of the only people that knows Nick very well."

"Used to," I mumbled.

"So, can you go into his room and decorate it?"

"Sure," I shrugged.

"Oh, thank you so much, sweetie!" She hugged me tight.

"Yep!" I quickly flew up the steps. I was on the verge of tears. I bumped into someone and I had a feeling I was going to let them flow.

"Whoa! " Kevin said, but then he saw my face. "Come here," he sighed, pulling me in.

I slowly let some tears fall. I missed Nick and now he was coming home. I was happy for that fact, but not for the fact that he wasn't MY Nick. I let go of Kevin slowly. He rubbed my arms, trying to comfort me. It never really worked.

"It's okay. I know how much you miss the old Nick. We all do," he sighed. "I just wish our parents knew the truth behind his act."

I nodded and sniffled. "Well, I gotta go decorate Nick's room."

"Okay," he nodded and let me pass. "Make sure to put up pictures of you and him. That might bring him back," he smiled.

"Thanks, Kev," I smiled in return.

"Always here to help my little sister." I loved them words. "Dani will be home in about 5
minutes if you wanna text her."

"Will do." I backed up farther down the hall.

"Kevin! Come on, man!" yelled Joe.

"Coming! See ya, buddy!" He waved and walked down the stairs.

"Bye, buddy!" I walked over to the banister and yelled down to Joe. "Bye, Joe!"

"Bye, doggie!" he smiled.

I scoffed at him. "I hate you, Joseph."

"Love you, too, sister!"

I laughed. "Bye!"

"Bye!" they both pitched in.

I decided to text Dani. I really wanted her to be here for my break down.

Hey! When you get here, come up to Nick's room. Please and thank you! :)
♠ ♠ ♠
The italics are what Maddie texts Dani! :)
If italics appear in the story again, it is either a text message or from a song (which would be in quotes) unless otherwise said!
Thanks again for reading! :) I love y'all that keep reading! It means a lot!