Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 14

Image

"Hale no!" I silently let slip. This can't be happening!

Standing before me, blinding my eyes, Nick was all decked out in black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and black shoes. I looked at his hand. Where was his purity ring!? Where!? He pulled away from the worthless piece of trash standing on the door step. I wanted to punch her. I clenched my fist, but soon my hand was held by another.

Softly, in a comforting way, Joe whispered, "Don't do it. You're better than her."

I nodded my head and looked at Nick. At this moment, I didn't want to cry. I was raging with anger, pain, and, worst of all, jealousy.

"So," spoke the bad boy, "can we come in, ba- I mean, Maddie?"

Nice? What the hale!? And did he almost call me what I think he did?

"Um," I puzzled, "sure, Nick."

They stepped in. Miley, looking all slutty, walked into the living room after Joe. I pulled Nick
aside.

"What the heck, Maddie?" Ah. There was the mad 'bad boy' I was waiting to come out and attack.

"Nick, where is your purity ring!?" I shouted. "You know, your sign of treating girls with respect and waiting?" I waited for the attack to come again.

He mumbled, "That's for me to know and you not to care." Not to care? Alright! That hurt!

"Nick, I do car-" I started, but then stopped.

Nick just walked away. I sighed, following him into the living room. Everyone greeted Nick back and we ate. I sat with Joe, Kevin, Kelsey, Alex, Dani, and Frankie in our own little corner.

Paul stood up. I thought he was going to make a toast (a late one, if that), but then he said, "Hey, everyone! Listen up, please!"

Everything became quiet.

Frankie whispered, "What's going on?" We all shook our heads.

"The four of us would like to make an announcement," Paul stated.

My mom, dad, and Denise stood up as he spoke.

I nudged Kevin's side. He got the hint and asked the question that I wanted an answer
to. "Dad, what's going on?"

"Kevin, please let us talk," Denise answered.

I heard Miley "whisper" to Nick, but it was loud enough for me to hear. I cringed at the words, "Is that the girl you left?"

He nodded his head.

"The girl you left behind for me?" She batted her lashes like the fake plastic doll she was.

I wanted to scream. But again, Nick nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some odd reason, Mibba.com isn't letting me post my banner for this chapter so please go to this URL to see it:
http://www.polyvore.com/banner_for_chapter_14_id/set?id=32754412

So, how do you think Nick is so far? Nice? Mean?
Would you rather have Nick become meaner in the future or nicer?
Leave your opinions and suggestions! I will take them all in account.