Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 15

Image

"As Paul was saying," Denise started, "we have an announcement."

Now it was my mom's turn to speak. "When Maddie and Nick were young, they were the cutest couple in the world!" She looked at me and then to Nick.

I heard Joe, from behind, say, "Couple?"

"When I say couple, I mean friends, Joseph," my mom smiled at Joe. It was like she read his mind.

"They did everything together," My dad stated. True, we did. "Even when Nick started kindergarten, Maddie wanted to go to."

I looked over at Nick. His brown eyes looked at me and he mouthed "dork". He laughed. I laughed, too, blushing.

"They never left each others side," Paul inquired. "When Maddie had a soccer game, Nick actually wouldn't let her play because he was afraid of her getting hurt."

I laughed and so did everyone else. This time, I looked at Nick and mouthed "dork". He laughed.

"To be honest, Karen and I had already begun planning the perfect wedding for the two when they were younger," Denise admitted and I gasped.

"We always imagined that they would have a family. A beautiful family in a big house," my mom also admitted.

"So, with that said, Nick? Maddie?" my dad bellowed. "Can you two come up here?"

I hesitated, but then saw Nick get up. I followed.

"Nick, take Maddie's hand, please," Paul ordered.

"W-What's going on?" I stuttered.

Nick grabbed my hand hastily before I could even get an answer. My eyes darted to the corner that I left. They were all murmuring and giving me cautions looks. Well, it was basically Kevin and Joe giving me the looks.

"When you two were young, we signed a contract," my mom said.

A WHAT!?

"Maddie? Nick? You two are getting married!" Denise rejoiced.

Everyone started screaming. They were screams of happiness from the two enthused mothers, screams that were unheard from coffee-drinking fathers, and screams of pure shock, pure terror, from my corner of heroes.

I'm WHAT!? I can't! I couldn't comprehend it all. I dropped Nick's hand and put my hands to my mouth. I started crying. Nick's mouth was dropped. I ran for the door.

"Maddie, wait!" I heard a voice yell, but I was too composed in my mind to tell who it was.

I was already gone. I wasn't waiting. I ran out of the house and over to mine. This couldn't be happening.

"No. No! NO!" I screamed to the world.

I sobbed, along with my screams, as I burst through the door. Running to my room, I picked up my bag. I'm not staying here. I can't. I texted Hutch, asking him to come get me at my house. He said he'd be there ASAP. I threw some clothes into the bag, along with my hairdryer, straightener, tooth brush and tooth paste. I heard the door burst open.

"Maddie!" yelled my lover's voice.

I ran to him and flew into his arms. I cried. I couldn't control it.

"Shhhhh," he cooed. "Come on. I have the car running."

We ran outside, and, as I was getting into the car, I heard my name being called.

"Maddie, you can't leave!" It was Nick. What does he care?

As soon as he spoke, paparazzi started to swarm.

"Maddie, get in the car, please," Hutch pleaded.

I obeyed. Nick was swarmed with questions like "Nick, why are you calling for Hutch Dano's girlfriend!?" and I heard Nick yell "Shut up and get away!"

Hutch drove.

"Maddie, what's going on? What did he do to you?" Hutch asked worryingly.

He grabbed my hand as I let a tear fall.

"He did nothing," I sobbed. It was just the announcement that killed the world."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I haven't updated in a while! I'm so sorry about that!
But it's up now! :)
Tell me what you think in the comments!