Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 16

Image
"Maddie?"I heard a voice say. "Maddie?"

I looked to my right. The voice was Nick.

"Are you going to answer?" he asked me. I noticed he was wearing a tux.

"What was the question?" I asked him, totally unaware of what was going on.

His eyes became wide, like I had just said "I broke your favorite guitar". His hand went to mine, and I looked down. I was in a white dress. Oh, god!

"Miss, do you take Nicholas Jerry Jonas to be your husband or not?" questioned a man in white.

I was scared. I didn't know what to do.

"This isn't happening," I said, pulling away from Nick's hand. "This isn't possible. No, I love Hutch! No!"


When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was still in Hutch's car. His hand was still holding mine. I heard Eminem's Not Afraid playing on the radio. I reached up and turned it to 'Bob 94.9', where Rodney Atkins' It's America just began to play. Hutch looked over and smiled.

"Hey," he smiled, "You're awake. We're almost at the hotel."

"Where are we staying?" I yawned, sitting my seat upright.

"Howard Johnson Inn in Clifton," he answered, keeping his eyes locked on the road.

I shook my head, processing the information. "Why Clifton?"

"It's far enough away for you and I to just stay away from all the drama back there." He turned into the Inn's parking lot.

"I need to get away from all that," I sighed.

Hutch turned off the car, and sighed. "You ready to go in?" he asked, rubbing my hand. I shook my head yes, and we got out.

"I got it!" I yelled at Hutch when he tried to take my bag. He backed off, but with concern.

We walked into the Inn, and went straight to the desk.

"Name?" the lady asked. I wondered why she asked for Hutch's name, considering he's
famous, but then I looked at her. She was older-looking, with thinning hair. Her glasses slid down the bridge of her nose slowly.

"Dano," Hutch implied.

The woman typed away on her keyboard. "I see. Room 618, sixth floor," she said, handing Hutch two room keys.

"Thank you," Hutch smiled.

The elevator ride up to the room was silent. I didn't look at Hutch. I just kept my head down. On the fourth floor, a man in his mid-30's stepped in. He smiled kindly at us, but I just looked back down.

"What's wrong?" Hutch questioned me when we got into our room. "You yelled at me in the parking lot, you didn't thank the lady. Maddie," he continued, walking over and grabbing my hand, "you didn't even kiss me."

I looked up at him with wide eyes. My expression must have said something like "Am I that mean? Stupid?", because Hutch's face had concern written all over it.

"I'm scared," I admitted. "At the party, mine and Nick's parents said that we were getting married." I looked down.

"Married?" Hutch asked. I nodded, and suddenly hit his chest. I was crying.

"Shhh. It's okay." His words sounded so sure, but I could feel his worry.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I didn't update for so long! But now I did so I hope you like it! :)