Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 17

Image

I could taste my salty tears as they ran down my face and onto Hutch's shirt. I felt a wet drop hit my back. Hutch was crying, too.

I pulled away from the man I loved, and looked up at his tear-stained face. It hurt me to see him like this. I reached up a hand, putting it to his cheek. He sniffled, looking straight into my eyes. I sniffled, too.

"Don't cry for me," I stammered, wiping at the tear falling slowly alongside his nose.

He bent his head toward me, breathing slowly, as was I. My lips touched his and I melted into him.

I'm not sure what I felt more during that kiss; love or pain. I wanted Hutch more than anything in the world. No 'contract' could take him from me. Would we run from the law, my family and friends, just to be together? I wasn't sure, but for now, I didn't care.

Hutch's hands went up and down my sides. My fingers played with his hair. We pulled apart, for breath.

With foreheads touching, Hutch moved his face closer to mine again, rubbing his nose with mine. I giggled. He chuckled.

"I love you," he spoke, kissing my nose.

"I love you," I replied, kissing his cheek.

Hand in hand, he led me to the bed, where we sat.

"So, what are we going to do for tonight?" he asked. "I can sleep on the floor."

"No, that's okay," I piped up. "We can....."

"Share the bed?" he finished, an eyebrow raised.

"You say that like it's a bad thing, Hutch," I giggled.

He smirked. "How about you go get a shower, calm down a bit while I get one, and then
we'll see, huh?"

I sighed. "Okay." I got up and looked through my bag for a pair of shorts, a tank top, and my hygiene stuff. "I'll be back," I sung, giving him a quick kiss.

I walked into the hotel bathroom and got a quick shower. While brushing my teeth, my phone went off. I looked at the screen, which read 'Unknown', and went back to brushing. I bushed my hair and walked out.

"Hey, you!" I smiled, walking over to Hutch.

"Hey," he smiled, kissing me. "Mhm. You taste like mint." I laughed. "A very sweet mint."

"Go get a shower!" I laughed, my lips connecting to his.

"Be back in about 10 minutes!" he exclaimed, and was soon gone.

I sat on the bed, turning on the TV. Funny, I thought as E! News appeared on screen. I figured I might as well get it all over with and be done.

"What's up with Nick Jonas nowadays, Giuliana?" Ryan Seacrest asked his co-host. "He's back at home after 4 years, but is it really 'home sweet home'?

"Well, Ryan," Giuliana Rancic sighed, "it doesn't look pretty for the bad boy hearthrob. Nick announced recently that he was going home, and taking girlfriend Miley Cyrus, along with him."

A video of Nick on Ellen appeared on screen.

"Yeah, I'm finally going home," Nick announced. "I'm going to introduce Miley to my friends and family." I scoffed. Oh, I met her alright.

The video went away and it was back to Ryan.

"And it looks like the meeting wasn't too pretty," he sized, face growing scared.

Another video appeared. This time, it was when I was leaving with Hutch. Cameras were flashing and people were yelling.

"Nick, why are you calling for Hutch Dano's girlfriend!?" a reporter asked. I remembered hearing that one being asked.

"Shut up and get away!" Nick yelled. That's when we left. You saw the car race down the street like there was a bomb about to explode. "Maddie!" he yelled again.

"Nick, what happened at your 'back home' party!?" a different reporter from the first asked.

"Just leave me alone," Nick choked out. He was about to cry. "This was all one big mistake that killed the world."

That's like what I said, except, what was his mistake?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this chapter! :)
There's not too much Nick in it, but there will be!
Comment! Subscribe!