Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 18

Image

After listening to Ryan and Giuliana go on and on about the 'mistake', I flipped on GAC to watch the countdown. Hoping to see Jason Aldean's Dirt Road Anthem get number one again, I got under the covers.

"Hey," Hutch exclaimed, coming out of the bathroom in a t-shirt and shorts, as soon as Taylor Swift's Mean had finished.

"Hey," I smiled weakly. I needed more sleep.

"What did I miss?" he asked, sitting on the bed. He bent down and kissed me.

I sat up, suddenly in the mood to pull an all nighter with his kiss. "Oh, you know. Just watching the countdown." He wasn't convinced.

"What did they say on E! now?" he questioned.

I sighed. "They were talking about Nick."

Not knowing what to say, Hutch fell back on the bed, hands behind his head. "I hate being famous. They follow you everywhere. I should have seen the paparazzi before I came into your house."

"Hey," I said, "it's not your fault." I layed my hand on his stomach. I felt his steady breathing as my hand went up and down. He looked up at me and smiled, putting his on mine.

"It's just not right for you to have to go through all this, though," he sighed. "I know you wanted to be famous and all, but I didn't want you to be famous this way."

"Listen to me," I commanded. "None of this is your fault. I love you for who you are. Not the money, or the fame." I layed down beside him, curling up to his side. His arm slipped around me and held me closer to him by my waist. "I'd love you even if I am forced to marry Nick." I kissed him.

"Marry Nick?" he gulped. His hand slowly fell from my waist. His face changed into an upset grimace. I couldn't see him like this.

"Hutch," I said, "look at me."

He didn't.

"Hutchings Royal Dano, look at me," I begged, my voice cracking.

He did.

"I don't care what happens in my life. I will never love Nick the same way that I love you. You were my first real love. You were my first kiss. You are the one that I want," I cried. "Hutch, I'd
break a million laws just to be with you."

He smiled, but sniffled. "I know you would," he spoke. "I'd do the same thing. Even if you do marry Nick and do actually fall in love with him, I'll know that you still love me."

"Of course I will," I agreed. "Same with you. If you fall in love someone else, I'll always know that you still love me. My love will never run away from you."

He smiled and kissed me.

That night, I fell asleep with Hutch right by my side. I never let go of his hand, nor did he ever let his arm fall from my waist. If I have to marry Nick, I'll do it. If Nick does turn good and we fall in love, I'll be happy. If Hutch is still my best friend, I'll die knowing that I always had a first love that loved me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the late update! I've been so busy!