Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 19

Image

It's 9 o'clock A.M. on August 28th, three days after the announcement. Hutch and I have been with each other every minute since then, too scared to walk away for the fear of being taken. We decided to go back home. If the worse is going to happen, let it happen soon.

"You ready?" Hutch called to me from the doorway.

I zippered my bag and breathed. "Yeah, I'm coming."

I heard his soft footsteps approach me. I felt his arms wrap around me. His head rested on my shoulder, kissing my jaw line.

"We're gonna be okay," he whispered. "I don't care what happens; I'll always love you."

I breathed in again and nudged my head on Hutch's. He kissed my lips, letting me go. I
grabbed his hand and we walked to the elevator.

I was scared, yes, I will admit. Scared of what my family would say; my friends. I wasn't going to let that effect me now, though. All that mattered was my last final minutes with Hutch.

These final moments were fun, but sad. I didn't want to leave the man I loved, the man I wanted. Sadly, I lost the fight.

I opened the car door, stepping onto the rocky driveway to my home. I stood, looking around. There were no cars, only my silver Ford F150 stood shining. Grabbing my bag from the back seat, Hutch asked, "Do you want me to come in?"

It was light, barely even a whisper. I replied with a simple "No" and a kiss, to let him know I'd be okay. We talked on the way home. He knew he wouldn't be welcomed into a fight between me and my parents.

"I love you," he breathed, his sweet breath engulfing me.

"I love you," I breathed back.

"I'll be thinking of you; every minute, every second," he smiled.

"That always makes me feel good," I smiled backed, pulling away from his touch slowly.

As I watched him pull out of the driveway, I knew I'd soon be facing my worse nightmare in about 5 hours. I walked to the door and turned the knob. I walked through the kitchen and into the living room.

"Alex?" I called.

"Alex isn't home," answered a voice.

It was easily recognisable. A smile spread across my face as my cousin walked out from my room.

"Sara!" I yelled, dropping all my belongings on the floor, and running to pull her into a hug.

"Well, hi to you, too," she laughed.

"Where did you park at?" I asked, picking up my bags and taking them back to my room. Sara followed, lying comfortablly on my bed as if it were her's.

"My parking spot, duh!" she exclaimed. I laughed.

"Should've known. So, did you hear?" I picked up my tooth brush and tooth paste, walking them to the bathroom.

"Oh, I heard alright," Sara's voice rang as I reappeared in the room again. "This is what I get for going to the beach for a week. I was going to call, but when your mom said you were with Hutch, I didn't want to. You needed time together."

I sighed, putting my hairdryer and straightener on my bench. "Yeah, we did."

"So, what's going to happen?" she asked, concern filling her voice. I picked up my bag, dumping the old clothes into the hamper. "Are you really going to have to marry Nick?"

"Don't know," I sighed again, sitting down next to her.

"If you do, what will happen to you and Hutch?"

"Stay friends. Best friends."
♠ ♠ ♠
I would apoligize to each and every one of my readers personally if I could!
I'm so sorry for not updating!
My school year just started and I have soccer to worry about!
Again, I'm sorry!