For You

JORDAN

November 19th, 2011
Location: St. Laurentine Hospital, Thuder Bay, Ontario
Time: 11:30 AM
Jordan

“Doctor! DOCTOR GET IN HERE!”
“This can’t be! HES WAKING UP!?”
“DOCTOR HURRY UP AND BRING HIS BROTHER IN HERE!”

I hear the noises of random people as I begin to open my eyes from what seemed to feel as if I were sleeping forever. I see in a blur of madness people running in and out of a room as the screaming continues.

Was I really asleep forever?

I finally open my eyes to see I was in a hospital room, surrounded by get-well cards and pictures on a nightstand. I look at the door to see Marc, my older brother, standing in the doorframe, with a look of shock on his face. “Oh…my…fucking God,” he says as he tries to catch his breath.

“Uhm, hello to you too.”
“Dude, your finally awake!”
“Finally?”

I ask as he comes over to the bed I’m sitting on and give me a hug. I look over to see a doctor come in with the same look Marc just had on his face. “Well, it’s a miracle that you’re alive Mr. Staal.”

“What is going on?”
“Dude, you were in a coma for three months,” Marc tells me.
“What?”

Everything begins to come back to me slowly. I killed Spencer Bradley for kidnapping Azalia. I killed him with my own two hands and a weapon; in return he almost killed me. I literally, for a moment before I was knocked out that I was going to die, but I didn’t, I was alive, God spared my life…surprisingly.

“Wait, is she okay?”
“Azalia? She’s fine, she was a wreck for a while…but she’s fine.”
“Oh God..”
“Jordan, it’s okay, she’s fine.”
“Has she been here since the incident?”
“Jordan…”

She didn’t come here since the incident. Even though that wasn’t something normal of her, she never once came to see me while I was knocked out. There had to be a good explanation for this. “What do you mean?”

“Jordan, she had to go see a social worker after what happened…they told her if she didn’t over come the event, she couldn’t come see you. She didn’t want to agree to that, but she knew you would’ve wanted that way.”

Her thought process with that was right. I would’ve wanted it that way, even if she felt as if that was the worst idea to ever be brought into the equation. I sigh as I rest my head back against the pillow. “Excuse me, I don’t mean to interrupt,” we hear a doctor say as we both turned our heads to stare him down. “We’re going to have to run some tests Jordan, just to make sure you’ll be good to go to play hockey again.”

“Can I have five minutes with my brother?”
“Of course.”

We watch the doctor walk out of the room while closing the door behind him. I don’t look away from the door, as I wonder if she even knew that I was okay. I look over at the nightstand to find the cards lying there and a stuffed bear. “Does she know if I’m okay?” I ask, grabbing the bear.

“As of right now, she believes you’re in a coma still,” Marc replies.
“Of fucking course,” I mumble under my breath.
“She wanted me to give this to you.”

With that, Marc hands me a blue envelope with my name on it. I open it and pull a card out. I look at Marc before opening it. “Was I really asleep for three months?” I ask.

“Dude, you’re probably never going to want to sleep again.”
“I don’t even want to see my bed when I get home,” I try to joke.
“Well, aren’t you going to read the note?”

I open the card to see a novel of a note written on the inside in her handwriting as I begin to miss her. I missed her so much; my body began to ache at the thought of missing her as I read the following:

Jordan,
This is so hard for me to write this, so please bare with me as I try to write everything that I’m feeling into the amount of space that I am given.
Well, where the hell do I even begin? I think I should start out by saying how pissed I should be for putting yourself in the condition you are in, because you didn’t deserve this. I should also state that I am so sorry for treating you like a piece of shit when I got to your house last week, you didn’t deserve that. I did that because I was afraid, but I’m realizing I shouldn’t be afraid anymore, even though the next few months to come that’s all I’m going to be, is afraid. I need you to be here with me to help me through everything I am about to face on my own, because no one but you knows what the hell I am going through or about to go through, no one but you.
Jordan if you wake up know that even though they won’t let me come visit you, there is not one day where I am not thinking about you, where I’m not praying for you to wake up and over come this, or that I’m not asking left and right about your health. Know that all of what I just mentioned is what I’ll be constantly doing until I know you are okay. I promise you the minute I see you’re face you can bet your ass that I will be jumping for joy into your arms and I will never let go. Also know that the first thing I will say to you is that I fucking love you, because after all we have gone through, I fell even more in love with you than I ever did before.

I love you Jordan, always and forever.
Love,
Azalia

Side Note – When you do wake up and come home, lets have a huge Disney movie marathon where we bum around in sweats and oversized teeshirts and do nothing but sit in front of the T.V. stuffing our faces.


“Does she know that I’m alive?”
“No, as I stated five minutes ago.”
“Okay Jordan, we’re ready.”

I look at Marc, before the nurses wheel my bed out into the hallway. He’s looking back at me now, and for the first time my brother is unsure of what he should do. I look at him and smile after the following words come out of his mouth,

“Do you want us to tell her or no?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Musical Inspiration -- Blink-182: Not Now

sorry for the long delay, but school had to come first, but the chapter is finally up. the story will come to an end in either the next chapter or the chapter after, i havent decided yet. enjoy!