For You

Azalia/Jordan/Azalia

August 1st, 2011
Location – Hopefully Thunder Bay, Ontario
7 PM
Azalia

Where am I?
This isn’t the guest bedroom of the Staals house.

Wait, where is Jordan?

I sit up to see I’m lying on cold, concrete in a dark room. I check my body with my hands to make sure I’m still fully clothed, which I thankfully was. I bring my knees to my chest. I wasn’t at the Staals house, in fact, I didn’t even know where the hell I was at the moment.

I remember running toward Jordan but stopping when I saw the man come near me. That’s when he grabbed me and I began screaming for Jordan. The next thing I knew I was thrown into a trunk of a truck, trying to kick the door open or at least break one of the taillights. I remember stopping and screaming when I saw a needle. I hate needles. Hell, to be correct, it was an acupuncture needle. I tried to kick the guy in the fact in hopes to make a run for it, but he ended up sticking the needle in my arm. I was knocked out two minutes after.

I’m still holding my knees to my chest, praying to God someone was coming or at least somebody called the cops and told them I was missing. I begin to wonder if anyone cared that I was missing, or if they even bothered trying to find me themselves. Sure, they probably were worried, but they all probably went back to thinking of their own issues and let the cops try to find me. Did I even deserve anyone to try and find me?

No.

I recall the events of the past few days and I think about how I treated Jordan like absolute shit. He didn’t deserve to be treated like that. It was all because I was scared to tell him I loved him. I was scared of him rejecting me; I was scared of him saying I wasn’t the one he loved.

My mind flashbacked to New Years, my family and I were in Raleigh with everyone but Jordan, who was back in Pittsburgh figuring out his fate for the winter classic. I had just found out Marc and Lindsay were getting married. I was crushed, not going to lie. I felt like the world stopped and God decided to curse me the day before the New Year, so I went to sit outside in the freezing cold. I took a seat on the swing that was on the playground Eric and Tanya got for Parker. I had looked up and saw Marc walking toward me. “Hey Marc,” was all I could say because I felt like someone had taken my heart and shattered it.
“Mind if I join you?” He asks as I shake my head. “You okay?”
“Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied as he took the seat. “Why do you ask?”
“You pretty much stormed out when Lindsay and I announced our engagement. I thought you’d be happy.”
“Want to know the honest to God truth?”
“I won’t judge you for it.”
“Marc, I like you a lot, okay? I remember the first time we met and I thought to myself, ‘God, he seems like he could be the nicest guy to walk the face of the earth. I was right about that’. Then I met Lindsay and thought, ‘Damn, she is one lucky girl.’ Now I’m thinking about it, I’d kill to be her, okay? There that’s the truth.”

Marc doesn’t say anything, because he is in absolute shock at the confession I just made. I’m pretty sure the look on his face is pure shock. I felt my swing move toward him as he kisses my check lightly and pulls me into a hug. “You’re a good girl Azalia, don’t let anyone tell you wrong,” he whispers in my ear before pulling away from me. I want so smile, but parts of me can’t. “I have a secret for you.”

“You’re not supposed to share secrets, but go on.”
“Jordan…Jordan loves you.”

I feel my jaw drop after hearing the comment Marc just made. Jordan loves me. No, that wasn’t possible. Jordan had a girlfriend who was wicked witch of the west. “Marc, don’t lie to me, if he loved me, he’d be done with the bitch.”

“He doesn’t have the balls to dump the bitch. Also, I know you love him, somewhere deep down in you, I know you love him.”
“And you know this?”
“I see every time someone mentions his name that you’re face lights up. When you two are texting, on the phone, or even together, you have the biggest smile on your face, it’s a little more than obvious you like him. I promise if you wait, he’ll come around.”

I bring myself back to reality of the fact that I’m not in Raleigh or at the Staals. I was far from those places; I didn’t know where I was. I wanted to go back to when I got into Thunder Bay and not treat Jordan like absolute shit. I wanted to be where he was, having fun like we always did when we were together.

Tears start streaming down my face as Jordan’s smile pops into my mind. I pull my knees closer to my chest as I keep praying someone, preferably Jordan, would come and bring my home. I’m trying to tell myself to calm down and that it would be okay, but parts of me were telling me it was going to be hell, even if someone did try to come and get me.

I stop crying as I feel a vibration go through my body. I look around the dark room; pat the floor with my hands, as I try to figure out where the vibration was coming from. It then dawned on me, I had my phone, and I’m an idiot and didn’t realize this until now. I quickly pull the phone out of my back pocket and thank the lord when I see the name on the caller I.D. I quickly pick up the call and put the phone to my ear. “Jordan, is that you?”

“Oh my God, thank you God! Guys she’s alive!” He’s yelling at everyone. “Azalia, are you okay?”
“As of right now yes.”
“Do you know who has you?”
“Not really, he knocked me out with an acupuncture needle, so I don’t know who has me or where I am.”
“Azalia, Spencer Bradley kidnapped you.”
“Oh great,” I say to him.

I try to keep my voice down low incase Spencer heard me through the walls. I hold my phone out to the room to use as a flash light and so far, it looks like an old room. I put the phone back to my ear after trying to make out where I was with my senses. “Jordan, it’s dark in here, but it smells like water, and it looks like an old room.”

“That helps. Listen, Spencer Bradley raped three girls and killed them in March. Did he touch you?”
“He knocked me out…my clothes are still on.”
“Guys, her clothes are still on, I don’t think he touched her.”
“Jordan…did you—“

The lights turn on as I stop talking and I hear a door close. I hear footsteps walk toward me and stop. I look up and my jaw drops. I’m speechless, I’m afraid to talk as I stare at Spencer Bradley, who puts a devious smile on his face. “Who’s on the phone my dear? The boyfriend?” He says, ending with a laugh. I don’t say anything; I’m scared out my mind. He then kicks my side. I fall over and the phone slides a few inches away from me.

“Oh my God!” I yell as he goes for the phone. “GIVE ME THAT PHONE!”
“Azalia, are you there?” I hear Jordan on the other line.

I grab my side and watch Spencer put the phone to his ear. I hold my breath and I pray to God Jordan doesn’t become a lose cannon. Spencer then looks at me and puts that stupid grin on his face. “Hello Jordan.”

Location – Thunder Bay, Ontario
Jordan


“Azalia, are you there?”

I yell into the phone. I now have Marc and Jared on either sides of me as Eric holds on to Parker, while my mother and father are standing with Azalia’s family, as they all hold their breath. I heard Azalia yell for the phone after yelling. I look at Marc, who is cracking his fists, while Jared has his hands on his head. He seriously looks like he’s going to cry. “What the fuck is going on?” Eric is yelling now.

“I don’t know, I’m not there Eric,” I yell back.
“I’m going to fucking kill this guy,” Marc is yelling now.
“Not until I do first,” I yell back.
“Put the damn call on speaker,” Eric yells.
“Hello Jordan.”

I hear Spencer say into the phone as I put it on speaker. My heart is pounding out of my damn chest now and I feel like I’m going to explode. Marc is holding onto his fist and Jared is tearing up. “Spencer, where are you holding her?” I yell into the phone, as I feel my anger boil. I look at Eric and I see anger in his eyes as Azalia’s mother begins to cry.

“A little pissed off are we?” He says.
“You know damn well we are!” Marc yells into the phone.
“You want to play a game? This is all fun and games Staal,” he says into the phone.
“I don’t like games,” I begin but Marc cuts me off.
“Spencer, where are you holding her? You better tell me or I will kill you!”
“Marc, calm down!” Lindsay is yelling.
“I’M NOT GOING TO CALM DOWN!”
“Oh, Marc Staal is going to kill me, should I be scared?”
“WHERE IS SHE!?”

I yell so loud that I’m pretty sure the whole country heard me. I look over at Jared, who is trying to reach for the phone but Tanya is holding him down. I look over at Marc, who looks angry. I take that back, he looks like he’s going to kill someone. Eric has the look on his face that means he will grab a knife and threaten Spencer with his life.

“I’m glad I picked this one while driving randomly.”
“What?” I say into the phone, confused.
“God, she is beautiful, beautiful to hurt, thrust upon, oh I’m just getting started.”
“THAT’S IT!”

Marc yells as he comes to me and grabs the phone out of my hands. I’m pretty pissed off, but when Marc hears about girls getting raped, whether he knows the girl or not, he will not be happy. He will literally threaten the person talking about the subject.

“That is something you don’t say! If you touch Azalia, so help me God, I will find you and chop you into pieces. If I don’t meet you, I will meet you in hell, and kill you there. Now tell me where the fuck you are hiding her!”

“Make him stop!” Jared is crying now.
“If you want to see her again, you need to play my little game.”
“Hold on a minute.”

With that, Marc puts the call on mute and looks at us. I was in no mood to play whatever game he had; I just wanted to kill him. “Guys, we’re going to have to play his game if we want her back and alive,” Marc begins. I’m looking at him as if he were nuts. I look at Jared, who is wiping tears from his eyes. I look at Eric, who is just shaking his head.

“Do whatever to get her back,” Azalia’s mom is pleaing.
“Seriously, just do it,” Eric said.
“I want my best friend back, alive, do it please,” Jared cried.

Marc is looking at me now. I have no choice; I wanted the girl I loved back. He’s looking at me, sending daggers in my eyes. I sigh and nodded my head. “Just do it, I’m going to kill the man anyways,” I reply as Marc nodded. He took the phone off hold and sighed.

“Okay Spencer, what is your game?” He yells into the phone.
“Only one of you can come to get her. Give the phone back to Jordan so I can explain the rules to him.”

My eyes widened as everyone turned to plaster their eyes on mine. Marc walked over to me and handed me the phone. I took the phone and looked at him. “You’re the one who loves her, you need to get her,” he says. I nod my head and take the phone. I let out a sigh and pray that this game would be simple.

“Okay Spencer, I’m the one you want to explain the rules to. What are they?”
“Only one of you can come, you bring one of your brothers, she dies. Got it?”
“Fine. Anything else?”
“If you bring the cops with you, she dies.”
“Fine. I have a request of my own, put her on the phone.”
“I suppose I can do that, but you have five minutes.”
“That’s good enough for me.”
“Azalia, you’re lover wants to talk.”

I hold my breath while waiting for Azalia to get on the phone. I look at my brothers who are in disbelief of the rules that were just given to me. They obviously wanted to come with, but sadly, that wasn’t going to be the case. “Jordan?” I hear through the speaker.

“Are you okay?” I say to her.
“I’ll be fine.”
“Listen, are there lights on in that room?”
“Yes.”
“Describe the room to me.”
“The walls are tiled, the floor is concrete. There are cabinets that look like medicine cabinets. It smells like water.”
“Guys, she’s at the old hospital in Peterborough,” I say as Eric sighs. “Okay, I need you to hang in there….I’m coming to get you.”
“What?”
“Azalia, I’m coming to get you, just hang in there, for me?”
“Okay, when are you coming?”
“Five minutes I’ll be in the car.”
“You promise?”
“I never break a promise, you know that.”
“Jordan, there’s something you need to know.”
“What is it?”

Everyone is looking at me now as my heart pounds on my chest. I’m thinking of all the possibilities that this conversation could go wrong. I’m not sure what she’s going to say, but my heart feels frozen. I’m holding my breath, as Jared is shaking, and Marc is clenching his fist. “Jordan…if I don’t make it out of this…I just want you to know…that…Jordan I—“

I hear her scream after that. I yell for her name as everyone is trying to stay calm now. Now I’m pissed off, and I’m really ready to kill this son of a bitch. “Azalia!” I’m yelling now. I’m trying to stay calm, but inside, I’m ragging.

“You’re five minutes are up Staal.”
“If you touch her—“
“You’re gonna do what? You don’t scare me Staal.”
“Just know when I get there, the first thing I will do is kill you.”
“Looking forward to it…see you soon Staal.”
“AZALIA! WAIT!”

I hear the phone click and throw it to the ground. I hear a pounding sound on the wall. We all turn to see Marc, who had just punched the wall. Lindsay and Maria trying to pull him away from the wall. I look over at Jared, whose head is in his hands, while sobbing. I sit on the couch and sigh. “Guys, this guy is a nut job.”

“No shit, the cops are coming with you Jordan,” Eric began.
“No, you heard him. If one of you or the cops come, she’s dead. You all are not going anywhere.”
“Dude the old Peterborough Hospital is a hike of a drive, you sure you want to do this?” Eric asks.
“I love her, I’m bringing her back alive, and I’m killing Spencer.”
No one says anything now, but I knew what I had to do. I got up and began to walk out of the house. I stopped and turned to look at my brothers. They wanted her back alive, I know they did, and I knew they wanted to kill Spencer just as much as I wanted to. “Okay, this is the deal,” I begin, looking at all of them. “I am going, by myself. If I need back up, I’m calling you guys and you are bringing the cops with me.”

“Then get in the car, drive to Peterborough and save the girl you love,” Marc smiles.

I nod my head and walk out of the house. I begin cracking my knuckles as I begin walking to my car. Spencer Bradley was going to die tonight, and he was going to have a quick and painful death.

“JORDAN!”

I turn around and see Marc running toward me. I stop what I’m doing and look at him as he reaches me. I probably should apologize to him for my outburst on him earlier. “I just want you to know I never fucked with Azalia’s head, I couldn’t do that to her.”

“I’m sorry for punching you,” I reply.
“She loves you Jordan, she really does. Bring her back in one piece and alive, got it?”
“You really do care about her, don’t you?”
“She’s like my little sister. Bring her back alive and take care of her, got it?”
“Alright.”

I hug my brother and walk to the car. I close the car door and look to see Marc is watching me from the driveway. I put the keys in the ignition, pull out of the driveway and speed off. I was going to bring her back, and when I did, I was never going to lose hold of her.

Location – Old Peterborough Hospital
Azalia


I watch Spencer throw my phone to the side as I hold my stomach that was now in pain. Jordan was coming for me, he was going to bring me home and possibly kill Spencer. I close my eyes and breathe, as I tried to tell myself it was going to be okay, that Jordan was coming. “That boy won’t come,” Spencer says out of nowhere.

“He will come, I know he will,” I reply, my eyes still closed. “He’s going to kill you.”
“Not until I kill first.”
“You’re going to have to come through me first.”
“I’m dealing with a tough cookie here, eh?”

I open my eyes to see Spencer now standing in my face. I hold my breath and pray that his ugly face would get away from mine. I’m holding my side now and I’m getting tempted to kick him in the balls to attempt to make a run for it. “I must’ve gotten lucky when I spotted you, eh?”

“You’re a pig.”
“A tough one who talks dirty, perfect.”
“You touch me—“
“Or what, Jordan will kill me? He’s not coming.”
“He’s coming, watch him. He’s a man of his word.”
“And if he comes, I’ll make sure to touch you in front of him, that body you have—“

With that, I spat in his face. He pulls his face back a few inches from mine and then slaps me across the face. I fall to my side, one hand out in front of me, while my free hand pushed me up. “You little bitch,” he says, adding in a kick to my side again. I let out a scream, but I don’t cry. I’m looking at him now, showing him I wasn’t afraid of him. “He is not coming for you, get it through your head.”

“He’s coming, and he’s going to fucking kill you!”

With that, Spencer pulls out another acupuncture needle. My eyes widen, as he grabs my arm. I try kicking him but he doesn’t budge. He then injects the drug in me as I begin to fight the effect it was about to give me. He then pulls me by the arm and drags me into another room.

I feel the drug kick in but I keep fighting it the effect. I feel the grip on his arm as I begin to feel disoriented. I keep fighting as I he opens the door and throws me on a chair. “Come Azalia, you need to stay up,” I tell myself as I feel something wrap around my wrist. I see my vision go in and out as I feel something wrap around my body, tightly, so I can’t move. I then see Spencer’s face as my vision slowly blurs and I feel something cover my mouth. “Come Azlia, don’t give up,” I tell myself as I feel Spencer grab my chin.

“He isn’t coming for you, get over it!”

He drops my chin, slams the door, and locks it. My vision is at the point where I can feel myself blackout. I blink my eyes a few times, as I tell myself to stay awake. I look around the lighted room and see an operating table. My head hurts now and I realize the drug is going to take over. I slowly close my eyes, and before blacking out, I remembering thinking one last thought.

“Jordan will come for you, he promised you. Jordan will be here soon, hang in there Azalia, do it for Jordan.”

From there, it went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Inspiration -- Waking Ashland -- I Am For You

feedback is really welcomed guys :)