I Never Want to Leave This Bed

Ten

After seeing Jonathan fraternizing with the other girl, Sarah and I made our way back to his flat and retrieved our belongings. We moved as fast as possible, not stopping for a second. An awkward run in was the last thing I needed. As soon as I was uniform clad and packed, I hustled out of Jonathan’s bedroom. Sarah met me by the front door and we were off. I didn’t leave anything behind, even a goodbye. He didn’t deserve it.

I sadly gazed out the window as a cab pulled away from the front of the complex. Unfortunately, an all too familiar figure was walking down the sidewalk beside the cab. He had spotted me and was jogging toward the cab. I watched him mouth my name and wave for me to wait, an emotionless look on my face. I wasn’t going to give him anything; he wasn’t going to know he had hurt me.

“You did the right thing.” Sarah said, nudging my shoulder. I just shrugged, it felt right but part of me didn’t want to let him go. He was so beautiful, so intelligent, and so perfect. I guess it was all a mask and boy did he wear it well.

“He plays a clever game, I’ll say.” I replied nodding. Which I could honestly admit, he had me fooled.

“Bullshit, he got caught. Who walks the other girl around the apartment where his other lady friend is staying, he was careless.” Sarah replied with a scoff, she had no sympathy for a bad man. She didn’t take incidents like these lightly.

“I know, I know. I guess it was the sex, he’s got me mesmerized. “I said, letting out a soft chuckle. Sarah turned to look at me, raising an eyebrow.

“That good?” She asked skeptically. I nodded my eyes wide with serious intent.

She sighed and slouched in her seat, “Damn him.”

I just laughed at her and prepared to get out of the car. The cab pulled up at the airport and the two of us exited the car. The driver handed us our bags, which we exchanged for a tip.

“Getting back to our own country is going to be so refreshing.” I said with a sigh, I was so done with this whole experience. I had a week long break ahead of me and I was intending on enjoying every minute of it.

“Oh totally, I’m looking at some serious spa time.” Sarah said reluctantly as we walked into the airport.

Sarah and I walked to our gate and began to get ready for the flight. As I walked toward the door to board the plane, a voice called out to me. I turned to see Jonathan jogging through the terminal in my direction. Sarah pushed me through door and down the hall. I ran down the hall and boarded the plane, taking a seat at the back of the plane. I wanted to be as far away as humanly possible, I couldn’t afford to make any mistakes. God knows he knew how to convince, he’d proven that time and time again.

Sarah turned to the girl at the counter near the door to her boarding flight, “Don’t let him in, call security if you have to.”

The girl nodded and Sarah turned to board the plane herself, she turned to give Jonathan one last look of animosity as the airport personnel kept him from proceeding. She wasn’t going to let this guy hurt her bestfriend any further.

“Sarah! Wait!” Jonathan called out after her, Sarah turned back to look at him. She figured everyone deserves a last word. She walked back until she was within feet of the handsome celebrity.

“I know she saw me, but it’s not what you think. Just let me talk to her.” He pleaded, his deep blue eyes begged for mercy.

“I’m sorry, but you messed up. Just be a man, accept your failure and walk away.” Sarah said firmly, her eyes piercing and intimidating.

“I came after her didn’t I?” Jonathan retorted, jerking at the security guards holding him back.

“That doesn’t make lying to her right, just go away. She doesn’t need you in her life.” She spat, turning away quickly. Her dark hair whipped behind her as she stormed onto the plane. She didn’t look back this time; she was done with this conversation.

After what felt like an eternity of waiting, I saw Sarah entering the plane. She made her way down the crowded aisle and sat beside me. Her face was filled with sympathy and yet it was strong with pride.

“I took care of him.” She said, rubbing my knee in attempt to ease my stress. My heart was beating rapidly, the excitement of the run in with Jonathan was nerve racking.

“I’m just ready to be home.” I said softly, shaking my head.

“I know babe, I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It'll get better, I promise.