I Never Want to Leave This Bed

Eleven

My mind was blank as I stumbled through the front door of my apartment. As I made my way through the entry way I tossed my suitcase and keys to the floor. At the present moment I couldn’t comprehend anything other than sleep; my bed was the only thing of importance. Shuffling down the hall, I gently nudged my cat Milo out of the way, though I knew he was just happy to see me.

I collapsed in my bed, uniform and all face down. Turning my head, I came face to face with Milo. His yellow eyes peered into my blue ones, begging for some form of attention.

“I know bud, I’m a terrible mom.” I groaned, reaching out and scratching his head. With a sigh, I pulled myself up to my pillows and buried my face within them. Within seconds I was gone.

I felt a soft hand run up my stomach; warm breath hit the back of my neck gently. His body was pressed against my back, radiating comforting warmth that set me at ease. Softly, he pressed his lips to the back of my neck, tracing them down my upper back while his fingers danced across my belly.

“I’m never going to get any sleep with you distracting me.” I whispered softly, desperately trying to suppress my soft moans. My body was buzzing with the electricity of his touch. Each kiss sent chills down my spine.

“I can’t help it, I’m crazy about you.” He purred in my ear, his lips brushing my ear lobe.


I stirred awake and gripped my comforter, pulling it over my head. He followed me everywhere, even into my dreams. Groggily, I rolled out of my bed and stumbled out of the bedroom. Making my way down the hall into the kitchen, I opened the cabinet above the stove and grabbed a bottle of Grey Goose. It’s five o’clock somewhere right?

After making an extra strong screwdriver, I lazily walked into the bathroom. I set my glass on the counted and stared at my reflection. Taking in my appearance, I sighed.

“Look at you, pull it together.” I muttered, wiping my eyes and taking another gulp of my morning drink.

After an extremely hot shower and fresh clothes I decided I’d go get some groceries, maybe some coffee. I needed to get back into the swing of things; I was even contemplating taking another week off. It was time for a break.

With my hair in a messy bun, a wife beater, and a pair of jean shorts I was off. A pair of cherry red raybans shielded my pale blue eyes, making me feel invisible. It was like I was undercover; nobody was going to recognize me. It was just me, nobody else, all alone.

I walked down the sidewalk and around 3 blocks to the local Health Food’s store. Working overtime, living on my own, and lots of saving had scored me a pad in the nicer side of Los Angeles. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t be walking along the street without a gun in my bag.

As I entered the store I stopped to glance at this week’s Star magazine, I enjoyed the good celebrity scandal sometimes. Flipping through the pages a section about recent split ups caught my eye. There pictured was Jonathan and the dark haired girl I’d seen the other day. Apparently the two had had a nasty break up resulting in him moving out. That would explain a lot, other than why they were still seeing each other.

“Yeah that guy seems to blow it a lot.”

I turned around to see Jonathan, sunglasses clad, dressed in sweats. A beer hidden in paper bag was setting in his hand. My mind instantly went blank and the magazine fell from my hand. Without saying a word or even waiting for my mind to grasp the irony, I bolted. My feet swiftly carrying me out of the grocery store and down the side walk.

“Jennifer! Come on! Wait!” He called after me. My mind was moving a thousand miles an hour, how the hell does he keep finding me?

Out of breath and dizzy, I stopped and collapsed in the grass beside the sidewalk. Setting there, I pulled a cigarette out of my purse and lit it. I needed to have a breather; I needed to gather my thoughts. The run had made me completely forget why I had bolted in the first place. It seemed so unreal. Before I could recover from my vertigo, I was reminded. He never gave up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who subscribed. :]