I Never Want to Leave This Bed

Eighteen

I stood gazing in the bathroom mirror, slowly but surely straightening my long blonde hair. The only thing that covered my body was a pair of lacey black panties and a matching black bra. Jonathan made getting dressed any further impossible. He currently was sprawled out, face down, on my bed fast asleep. His bare behind was visible to the whole world.

After finishing my hair, I poked my head out of the bathroom door and smiled when I saw his pale behind. His head was leaned toward me on my pillow, mouth open and drooling. He was beyond adorable.

The buzzer to my front door concluded my thoughts; I hurried out of the room to silence the buzzing before Jonathan stirred awake. I looked through the peep hole to see Sarah, she hit the buzzer again. Quickly, I fumbled with the door locks and cracked the door open.

“Hey.” I said awkwardly, trying to shield my nudity, though it wasn’t anything she’d already seen. I just didn’t want to raise any question. She knew I only broke out the black lace for…sexy occasions.

“Who’s in there?”She asked curiously, trying to push past me. When she couldn’t get past, she desperately tried to crane her neck to look through the crack in the door.

“Just a friend, what’s up?” I asked her, trying to make this short and sweet.

“I don’t care how sexy he is, you’re not turning your bestfriend away.” Sarah protested, with one more push to the door I stumbled aside and she barged in.

Sarah stood in the middle of the living room and looked around, sniffing the air. She wrinkled her nose and turned to look at me. Crossing her arms, she cleared her throat.

“It smells like sex, booze, and cigarettes in here. Did you throw a party without me?” She asked, an offended look crossed her beautiful face.

“No, I’ve just been spending the afternoon with a friend.” I said, trying to inconspicuously inch over to my bedroom door and close it. The last thing she needed to see what the naked cheater in my bed.

Sarah turned away from me and made her way into the kitchen. When I heard her clinking glasses and plates, I quietly tip toed over to my bedroom door and shut it. A wave of relief washed over me and I flopped onto the couch, sighing deeply.

“I made my famous dirty Shirley Temples.” Sarah said flashing a brilliant white smile. She took a seat on the couch beside me and handed me my glass. I took a sip of my cherry flavored drink, smiling warmly at the taste. Sarah knew just the right amount of vodka and grenadine.

“So how has being home been for you?” I asked her, setting my glass down on the coffee table. Sarah looked up from stirring the cherry around in her drink and smiled, biting her lip.

“I finally got with that guy on my floor.” She said, plucking the cherry from her drink and biting it seductively. Sarah was walking sex, everything she did was seductive and delicious, even without her realizing it. Even her clothing radiated sex. At the present moment she was wearing a tight jean skirt topped with an even tighter red halter top. Her nails matched her red top, even her toe nails. Her little tan feet even looked sexy in those strappy wedges. Damn her.

Before I could continue to envy my bestfriend, my bedroom door opened slowly. To my horror, Jonathan walked from the bedroom, still dazed from sleep. He was fully exposed and in full view of Sarah made a choking sound and spat her drink out suddenly.

“What the fuck?!” She gasped, setting her drink on the counter suddenly. Jonathan rubbed his eyes and turned to the commotion, shrugging and continuing on the kitchen.

“Jennifer?! You brought him here?!” She shouted, standing up and motioning to the kitchen.

“It’s actually a really funny story, you see he lives here.” I said quickly, my eyes pleading for her understanding and forgiveness. Sarah just shook her head and crossed her arms, her face red with anger.

Jonathan reentered the room with a clear drink of some sort in hand, I assumed it was Gin. He looked at Sarah curiously, inquiring about her fury without even saying anything.

“You are one crafty motherfucker.”Sarah said to Jonathan, shaking her head again.
“It honestly was all coincidence.” Jonathan said honestly, his face was blank and emotionless. He didn’t fear Sarah’s wrath as I did.

“Oh I’m sure.”Sarah growled, gritting her teeth.

"I may love your show, but I hate you." She added and narrowed her eyes.

Jonathan smiled and chuckled, walking back into the bedroom. Sarah looked down at me and patted my head, telling she’d call me later before she strutted out.

I couldn’t help but wonder if I should be listening to my bestfriend. Friends come first, right?