I Never Want to Leave This Bed

Twenty-Two

The sun was warm and comforting as it poured over my body, the warm sand tickling in between my toes. It was a beautiful sunny day in Madrid, Spain. I couldn’t be happier to be spending a day like this with my bestfriend. Together we lounged in sun chairs and sipped margaritas, the both of us with dark from spending days in the sun.

This mini vacation was exactly what I needed to take my mind off of things. Though it failed to do so, I saw Jonathan everywhere I went. Deep down I knew he was feeling the same way, or so I hoped. The negative side of me thought he’d surely have moved on. Why not, he’s gorgeous.

“You’re thinking again.”Sarah said, turning on her side to look at me. She pushed her sunglasses onto her head and gave me a weary look.

“Yeah, I know.” I sighed, turning on my side to face her. “I just can’t shake him.”

“Did he really mean that much?” She asked, giving me a sympathetic pout.

“Yeah, actually, I felt like he understood me. You know?” I replied, hoping he had a nugget of wisdom to share.

She snorted a laughed and covered her mouth, “No I don’t know, no man could ever understand me.”

A smile broke through my lips and I desperately tried not to giggle, “Come on be serious!”
“What I don’t understand is why you let him go if he made you feel this way.”She said, looking at me as if I were stupid.

“Weren’t you the one who was sooooo happy that he was gone?” I retorted, raising an eyebrow.

“I mean I personally despised him, but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to be with the person you love. You’re the one who has to wake up next to him, not me.”She said with a chuckle.

“You could have told me this a week ago.”I said, suddenly sitting up. She sat up too giving me a curious look.

“What are you doing?” She asked as I started to gather up my drink and suck down the last of my daiquiri.

“I’m doing what I should have done a week ago.” I replied through my frustration of dressing myself.

“Can’t you wait until we fly out to London next week?” She asked, still in shock of my actions. I wasn’t a very hands on person; I never went off like this, though nothing in my life was ever this important. He meant the world to me.

“No, love doesn’t wait. The more time I waste is more time he has to move on.” I explained to her, leaning over to give her a goodbye hug before abandoning her on the beach. I knew she’d forgive me, she may hate him but she wasn’t going to deny me my happiness.

I hurried back to the hotel and grabbed my suitcase, not even bothering to change out of my suit and pool cover. That could wait until London, I was on a mission. Time wasn’t on my side this time, I had to make haste.

Once at the airport, because of my connections, I was able to board the next flight out. I had to pay a little extra for a first class seat, which was all that was left, but who cares. It was all for a good cause right?

Sighing deeply, I tried to calm myself down before I had an anxiety attack. I was a terribly impatient person; this sort of waiting killed me. I dug through my purse and pulled out my i-pod, hitting the shuffle button. Immediately, David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance” flooded my ears, everything was gonna be okay.