I Never Want to Leave This Bed

Nine

I woke up the next morning, comfy and cozy in Jonathan’s bed. The sun was peeking through the blinds, lighting up the large bedroom. Stretching, I yawned and looked over to find the bed empty. My lips curled down with disappointment, I had hoped to see his cute sleeping form. I loved the calm of his soft, rhythmic, breathing and the way his features softened. I had to face the facts, it’d been maybe two weeks since I first met this guy and I was already head over heels.

Sighing, I clung to the shirt I had borrowed, taking in Jonathan’s scent. With him in mind, I slipped out of bed and padded out of the bedroom. Curiously, I poked my head into the kitchen, hoping to see the man I desired spooning Cheerios into his mouth. Unfortunately, I found an empty kitchen and living room. Sighing in a disappointment, I plopped onto the couch.
“He left early this morning, I heard him shuffling around in kitchen.” Sarah said, leaning against the wall in the entry way to the living room. I looked up to meet her gaze, my face still hanging low with disappointment.

“He left you a note on the counter, calm yourself.” Sarah said with a chuckle, nodding her heard toward the kitchen bar. There on the counter I could see a folded up piece of paper
.
Leaping up off the couch, I walked over to the counter and snatched up the note. I hastily unfolded it and began to read.

Jen,
I couldn’t sleep so I went for a jog; I also had some work to take care of. Make yourself at home. I miss your beautiful face already. Hopefully I’ll see you this afternoon.
Xoxo
J


I smiled and blushed at his note, holding it to my chest. He was so incredibly sweet for such a powerful man. Though, I probably wouldn’t be seeing him this afternoon. I had another flight back to states tonight.

“Let’s go get some lunch before we have to leave.” I said, placing the note back on the counter. Sarah nodded and followed me back into Jonathan’s bedroom.

After thirty minutes of freshening up, the two of us left the house. I was still wearing Jonathan’s t-shirt, it made me feel somewhat special. Comfort was the key today, with a pair of slouchy jeans and Sanuks to accompany the shirt. Sarah looked fabulous as always, her dark wavy hair blowing about in the wind as we walked down the side walk. Men dared to double take, their eyes drifting over her maroon tube top and ripped jean shorts. Her long tan legs moved gracefully within her strappy heeled sandals. I was envious of her, I was so modest compared to her.

We decided on a small café around the corner from Jonathan’s flat. The atmosphere was cozy and small, which was perfect for my mood. Nestled in a booth beside the window, I felt at ease. Sarah and I both ordered a club sandwich and a Caesar salad. We chatted about our sex lives and gossiped about people we worked with, all in all the afternoon was unfolding nicely. That is until I peered out the window.

Across the street I recognized a familiar male, his hand clasping a frail tan girl’s. They strolled down the sidewalk happily, smiling, and chatting. My smile faded and my mood plummeted. He had lied to me. Sarah stopped talked and followed my gaze, her smile faded as well.
“That motherfucker…”She trailed off, rapidly getting up from her seat. I grabbed her arm and calmly shook my head. I knew this had been too good to be true.

Silently, the two of us paid and left the café. In the distance I could see the happy couple continue on merrily. The view sickened me, only last night he held me in his arms, whispering nothings in my ear. Now there he was, carrying on with somebody else. I had to remember, we had only had two weeks. I guess it really was nothing

“Come on Sarah, let’s go home.” I said softly.