Letters to Alex

Charlotte.

"My, my, my, Miss Charlotte, don't you look lovely." Noah grinned and winked at me as I blushed and put on my best smile.

"As do you...well, not lovely, but...uh..." I paused and blushed even more as Noah took my hand and pressed a kiss to it gently as my jaw dropped to the freshly cut grass.

"Where's Mary?" I managed to spit out as he shrugged and pointed up towards her dark blue three story house. She was Harry Truman's daughter, everyone knew her and grown to love her.

"She's greeting everybody that's coming." He smiled, I nodded slowly as Mr. Wrigley, Noah's father, came out on the stage and grabbed the microphone as everyone at the party gathered around and stared at him with interest.

Noah's hand brushed up against mine as we stood there while his father talked to everyone. I looked down at my black dress Maya designed for me. It was beautiful, I didn't know how to repay her for that.

"Ya'll better get out on that dance floor! We've got some young boys up in here that's gonna put on a show for us all! So pull your britches up and give it up for..." Noah's father stopped talking and went backstage as everyone out in the audience whispered and Noah looked at me and smirked.

"My papa isn't so good at announcing things." Noah chuckled as I smiled big and shrugged.

"Ya'll better give it up for The Young Keen!" Mr. Wrigley exclaimed into the microphone as he left the stage and four boys came out, and I recognized them perfectly as my mouth parted slightly.

There he was, the boy with the long chestnut brown hair and the chocolate brown eyes that I've been missing for a while.

He smiled at the microphone and started strumming his guitar in his newsboy cap that fit his personality so well, i couldn't help but smile.

"Alright, we're gonna play something for you all out there. It's called Constant Sorrow." Alex smiled as I smiled up at him as his eyes wandered and then landed on me as his smile grew.

As they started playing all of the couples went out on the wooden dance floor with lights up above it. Little kids started hopping around as Noah stared at me, I looked over at him.

"You wanna dance with me?" He asked as I grinned and nodded. He took my hand and led me out on the dance floor as Alex's voice flooded through my ears, making me want more.

Noah pulled me close to him as I stared up at the stage at Alex as he nodded towards me and winked. My mouth parted slightly as he tried his best not to laugh. Alex continued to sing as his buddies joined in with him.

I watched Alex in his suspenders and his nicely fitted newsboy cap. He looked so handsome and he had a rare talent, hardly nobody in this town gives a damn about. His voice was like sweet honey and his brown eyes spoke for him when he looked at people, especially me.

"You seem distracted, Miss Gibson." Noah spoke, pulling me out of my daze.

"Me? No, no, no. I'm just at east right now, Mr. Wrigley." I smiled warmly at him as he spun me out and brought me back into him, making me giggle.

I looked up at Alex again as he finished up the song. Noah's father got up on the stage again and thanked The Young Keen for playing as everyone applauded them while they exited off the stage and violin players came up on the stage.

Noah looked into my eyes as I smiled and then out of nowhere I heard her voice and it was like nails on a chalkboard.

"Noah Cal Wrigley, what in God's name do you think you're doing?" She exclaimed as Noah and me pulled apart. Mary Truman, ruining my one happy moment.

"I'm just dancing with her." Noah chuckled as Mary came closer to Noah and I. Alex watched me as the rest of his band put their instruments away.

"Damn it, Noah! You're courting me! You ain't suppose to be dancing with other girls!" She shouted in her southern accent that most of us had.

"She's just my good friend, Mary." Noah said, acting so calm about it as I swallowed hard. Thank heavens my parents aren't around to see this.

"I mean why would you wanna dance with her, Noah? This girl looks like she's about to go to a funeral!" Mary said as everyone danced and some people stared awkwardly.

I looked down at the dress Maya made me as sadness filled my ocean blue eyes.

"Mary, you take that back." Noah said sternly as Mary folded her arms across her chest, making her big breasts pop out more out of her baby blue evening dress.

"Hold on a minute, now. What's this I hear about a funeral?" Alex said, coming up to us as I bit my lip and fought my anger towards Mary.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just saying that isn't proper clothing to wear to a crumpet party. You look like somebody passed away, honey." She said as Alex laughed at her as everyone stared at him, his laugh was even soothing.

"At least she's not dressed like she's about to go to a circus. I give her that much." Alex grinned at me as Mary's mouth dropped completely.

"What the hell is that suppose to me?" She started raising her voice at Alex as he shrugged and smiled at me.

"I'm just saying that you have some red lipstick on your teeth, and you might wanna take care of that. Oh, and, in my opinion I think Miss Gibson looks beautiful tonight, and I think your boy here doesn't want to be dancing with you because he doesn't want to be staring at that lipstick on your teeth all night." Alex smiled as Mary tried slapping Alex, but Alex backed away in time and held his hands up and laughed. "Just speaking my opinion." He grinned as I smiled so big my cheeks were hurting.

"Darling, calm down." Noah told Mary as he held her back and I backed away from them towards Alex.

"I'll be catching you all later." Alex smiled and waved at them as I smiled at him and looked up into his chocolate brown eyes. It's felt like forever since I've looked into them.

I looked down at my black booties and started walking off up towards the Truman's house.

"Hey, wait up! Where you going?" Alex asked me as I smirked down at my shoes again.

"No place special." I replied as he continued to follow me.

"Care if I join ya?" He asked as I shrugged.

I walked past the Truman's house and into the woods as the crickets chirped and the lightning bugs flew around us like crazy. Alex looked at me and gave me a curious look as I walked further into the woods.

"I didn't know you come to these big parties." He spoke as I shrugged and leaned up against one of the oak trees in the middle of the woods right by the river.

"I don't like to come to these. They're just too much for me to handle. I have to pretend to be someone I'm not. My parents are just...these big people. Very popular, and that's all anyone can ever talk about is making money and how popular you can get just by buying stuff that you're never gonna use." I sighed as he looked at me with interest in his sparkling brown eyes.

"Well, I'm glad I came tonight. I got to see your face again." He grinned as I blushed and looked into his eyes as he came closer to me, the leaves crushing underneath his feet.

"You don't know what you are getting yourself into." I smirked as he arched his thick eyebrow up at me.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He chuckled as I shrugged, but I knew exactly what it meant. My parents would never approve of this.

"Where do you live, Alexander?" I grinned as he laughed and took off his newsboy cap, running his fingers through his smooth brown hair as he placed his cap back on his head.

The moonlight danced on the river water as we stood there in silence.

"Not too far from here." He half smiled as I nodded and looked away from him.

"I know you're afraid to tell me, because you're worried that I'm going to judge you because I'm probably a higher class than you. but don't worry, I'm not going to judge you. I'm not like that." I gave him a reassuring smile as he looked into my eyes, I had a feeling he trusted me.

"You're just going to have to see for yourself sometime." He grinned as I bit my lip and nodded, looking up at the stars and the full moon through the tree limbs.

"Charlotte Ann?" I heard my mother call, her voice getting closer as I gasped and Alex's eyes grew wide with fear as he ran behind the tree I was leaning up against.

My mother came out of nowhere and came closer to me as I swallowed hard.

"Charlotte Ann, what the hell are you doing back here? Especially in your new dress! There is no way you're ruining this one." She said, giving me her serious look as one of her golden blonde curls fell in front of her dark blue eyes as she placed it behind her ear, while her pearl earrings dangled up against her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, mama." I spoke softly as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Mary told me what happened. I don't think it was very right of you to dance with Noah after you knew he was courting her." She said as I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry! I didn't wanna be rude and turn down his invite of me dancing with him." I said as my mother shook her head at me.

"Well, get the hell out of these woods, you don't know what could be in here." She told me and walked off as I stood there for a moment in complete silence, closing me eyes.

"Just relax." I heard his soothing voice say as my eyes opened slowly and he was right in front of me with a warm smile on his handsome face.

"I got to go." I sighed as he nodded and itched the back of his head.

"We weren't done talking now were we?" He winked as I blushed.

"That's true, but how and when can we finish this conversation?" I laughed.

"How about I sneak over to your house tonight at midnight?" He smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Her dress. <3

Alrighty, so, give me 9 comments and I will update tonight! :)
Also, if there is any of my other stories you want me to update really badly, message me :)
Thanks for everyone who commented last time! Please do that more!

Love & Rockets, Faith <3