Status: ?

Double Life.

Break In.

We walked out the restaurant after an hour or so and he asked for a valet while I starting walking away. "Whoa, Whoa where you going pretty lady" he grabbed my hand spinning me around. I chuckled. "Going to get my car" I spoke looking over seeing it in the parking lot. "What!" he spoke and sighed. "You didn't get driven by Gilbert?" he asked rubbing my hand. I shook my head. I hated being driven around like a spoiled brat and Matt only insisted that Gilbert, his driver for when he needed him and his main butler to do so for me. "Emily, Emily" he shook his head and pulled out his phone dialing someones number fast and waiting. "Hey, yeah I need Gilbert to get here to drive Emily's car back to her house, yeah no she drove here" he spoke to someone glaring at me playfully in between. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah no, its good, you got that thing done?? Good! Okay well see you later, bye" he hung up and turned to me. He stood closely in front of me. "So you wanna hand over those keys and then hop into my truck with me?" he asked smiling taking both my hands now. I thought about it making it noticeable. "Not really" I grinned. He frowned. "Aw come on, I'll take you home and everything, nothing bad will happen to you car" He spoke. I shook my head. "Emily, baby come on" I pulled away and started walking towards my car as his black hummer pulled up to the curb. "Let me get my things out of it first" I sighed walking towards it. I opened my car and then reached in grabbing my extra sweater I left in it a few nights ago and my wallet I left in the glove box. I then locked it up as a large truck pulled up next to my small car. Matt stood beside me and took my keys from my hand and handed them to Gilbert who arrived with Jimmy, one of Matt's friends. "Hey Emmybaby" he yelled over the loud weird music playing out of the dark vehicle. I smiled and waved hearing the nickname made me smile since that's all he ever called me.

"See you escaped before my arrival at your house Miss Emily" Gilbert spoke. I grinned. The man was polite and all, I just hated how he was at my service 24/7. I didn't need a personal maid, driver, body guard and friend all in one... "Alright man, see you around and thanks again Gilbert" Matt spoke to both as his arm snaked around my waist as he pulled me away. He opened the truck door for me as we reached his truck and I climbed inside.
We drove down town, the busy cars passing us, lights all around but inside the large truck nothing but silence filled the area. "Mattie, where are you taking us?" I asked turning away from the ocean side view. Something that came clear to me was that no one but myself got away with calling him that name. "You'll see soon babe" he turned taking one hand off the wheel holding it out for me to take. I did so entwining my fingers with his. "So what name exactly did you put our dinner arrangements under?" I asked. He smiled faintly. "Shadows" He spoke. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Shadows?" "Yes, you could say its a popular name my co-workers and clients call me" he focused on the road ahead of us. "Alright" I snorted leaving it at that.

We soon arrived at a small look off of the town. He parked the truck and I un did my seat belt before jumping out of the truck and moving over to the front of it. "Nice night out tonight huh?" he asked wrapping his arm around me. "Yeah, it is" I spoke resting my head against his chest, sneaking my arms around his mid-section of his stomach. "Listen I'm sorry about snapping at that waitress earlier, but she should have walked around and saw you waiting there" he softly spoke his lips pressed against my hair. "Matt, you had no reason to get so upset over it, I was fine, really baby" I spoke and looked up to meet his face, it was closer than I thought it was to mine. "I love you" he whispered. I smiled and enclosed the gap between us. "I love you too" I giggled and then kissed him again.

We drove back to my house, my eyes tired and finding it hard to stay open blinked slowly. "We're almost home sweetie" he spoke, I could sense a smile on his face as I lied next to him my head resting on his shoulder and my hand holding on to his as we drove down the road. He pulled up next to my parked car and cut the engine. "Home sweet home" he whispered kissing my head. I slowly rose, sitting up and yawning. I undid my belt and then opened the car door before grabbing my things and walking towards my apartment. Taking Matt's hand again we walked inside and hit the elevator button.
Rising up to my level felt slower than usual and once we reached my floor we walked out and went straight to my door. "You really shouldn't be living in this shit hole, I can't see why moving in with me would be so bad" he spoke. "Matt" I groaned. He chuckled. "Fine, fine but I still say living with me would be better of the two"

We reached my door and when I went to grab my keys for the door I noticed it was already open a bit. "What the..." I spoke and turned to Matt. He frowned and slowly kicked the door open, his arm bracing me to stand back. We both looked inside to see all my things all over the place. "Oh my god! What the hell!" I looked in terrorized. "Emily... go back to the truck...now!" he warned handing me the keys. "Matt" I protested. "Emily! I mean it." he sternly spoke, all in seriousness. He walked in and searched about as I stood out in the hall. I couldn't believe my place had gotten broken into. He walked back from disappearing from my bedroom "You aren't staying here tonight, its a total mess come on, lets go, I'm calling Gilbert then the police" he pushed me along. I didn't protest or disagree just walked back to the parking lot. "Why Gilbert?" I asked. "Because he will drive you to my place, you'll be fine there, I'll be home soon" he spoke acting totally weird. I was going to ask what was wrong but decided best that I shouldn't. It didn't take long for Gilbert to arrive with Jimmy, Brian, Zack and Johnny. Matt handed over his keys to Gilbert and then lead me over to the truck buckling me up inside. "We'll find out who did this" he spoke not looking at me. "I'll be home later" he shut the door and then we drove off.

Matt's POV.
I turned away from my truck and over to the four who each lit up individual cigarettes. "Who did this man?" asked Zack. "I think I know..." I scowled. "Is she freaking out?" asked Johnny. I shook my head no. "She was surprised as so was I, fucking I swear to god if someone is after her because of me I'm going to fucking flip!" I growled. "Man, no one in there right mind would do that! Lets just check this out and get home I've dealt with enough shit for one day" Jimmy chucked his cigarette butt on the ground and walked on it heading inside the building. But he was right, no one in there right mind would fuck with us, especially me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments. Hopefully this story lasts?