Asylum

Observation 1,959

“Why, hello there! My name is Dr. Richard W. Howe, psychiatrist. That’s what it used to say on my desk, anyway. It’s been a while since I had a visitor. This old room gets so lonely sometimes. It is awfully comfortable, though. These nice white pads all over the walls and floor make it pretty convenient when I want to sleep. I still don’t understand why those nice men in the white coats put me in here, though. I think one of them said something about me being insane. Me? Insane? The very thought makes me laugh! She was asking me to kill her! However, she did have a very funny way of doing it. With all of the “No, daddy!”, “Why are you doing this too me?” and “Daddy, please stop it! It hurts!”, she almost had me convinced she didn’t want to die! She did always love to play games. She was such a special little girl, right up to her 5th birthday. That’s when she told me she wanted to die. Well, actually, she told me she wanted a pony, but I knew what she really meant. Don’t you see how smart I am? I even used her favorite knife! Okay, well, it was my favorite one, but I knew it was hers, too! I’m so brilliant. I still don’t get why they put me in here, though. I would try to walk out, maybe stand up if I could. It’s just this stupid outfit they have me in here. How am I supposed to move my arms around if they’re strapped onto my chest? How am I supposed to get my daily 60 minuets of physical activity if I’m not allowed to go outside? Why are my legs strapped together so I can’t sit up properly? I have to move around like an inchworm! It’s so demeaning for a person of my intellect. Such poor planning. They could at least give me something to keep me entertained! All I get are those stupid needles in my arm, three times a day. I have to be fed my food by a nurse! I’m treated like a child for doing nothing wrong. I don’t like it here. Can you get me out? Wait, where are you going? Why are you leaving? Please stay!”

Dr. Richard W. Howe, born April 8, 1975, aged 36 has been under my care and supervision since October 11, 2005. It was exactly 3 days after he had been convicted of murdering his daughter, Olivia R. Howe, born September 29, 2000, aged 5. He still believes he has done nothing wrong, despite having stabbed the girl exactly 97 times in the chest, neck, and stomach area. His wife, Helena E. Carter-Howe, born July 13, 1977, aged 32, refuses to visit him. No one can blame her, after the brutal stabbing of one of their three children, aged 2, 5, 7. I have been giving him monthly visits, though he never seems to remember who I am. There is no chance of him being released if his actions and thoughts remain the same. I am losing hope in this case, and will likely pass him off to an official nursing unit. He will not get monthly observations, but will get day-to -day care.

Dr. Kara T. Hargreeves

May 30, 2011

Day 1,959 of observation
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy.