God Hates Us

Clover

I can't say I was happy to be home. The Bullet For My Valentine concert was amazing as expected, and finding out that my best friend's dad was the rhythm guitarist of one my favorite bands was even more exciting. But going home to face my 'worried' mother who probably wasn't as worried as she acted, yeah that wasn't fun.
The moment I opened the front door, I was engulfed in a hug. I could smell things I didn't want to smell on my mother.
“Clover I was so worried about you!! Why didn't you call or something? I was afraid you weren't coming home” she said in a fake sweet voice. I rolled my eyes before pushing her off of me.
“Kelsi and I went to a concert. You weren't home and since you refuse to give me a key, I went to her house. She didn't want to meet the guy her mom was dating so we went to a concert instead. Now if you don't mind, I am extremely tired and I would like to go to sleep now.” I said before storming upstairs to my room. I quickly got ready for bed, and tried to ignore whatever my mother was doing downstairs. As I passed the stairs, I heard her talking and a male voice replying.
“I don't know what's gotten into her, usually she would tell me what's going on with her life” I heard her say and some sobs that were probably fake. I rolled my eyes, I never told her what I was doing and she never cared enough to ask.
“She's probably just going through a phase, all teenagers go through it.” I heard the male voice say. I rolled my eyes, knowing that it was her boy toy, who will probably see her for the fake she is any day now and I will be left alone with the angry, attention hungry mother that I faced every day. I rolled my eyes again before going into my room and crawling on my bed. I was asleep the moment my head hit the pillow.

When I woke up the next day, I realized that it was some time in the afternoon and if we had school I had missed most of it. I also realized that I had a full bladder and that my stomach was trying to eat itself. I climbed out of bed, went to the bathroom before making my way down stairs to find something edible. I saw a note from my mother telling me that she had gone out with her friend, meaning the man who was here last night, and that when she got home she expected me to be there and ready to meet this guy. As if I was going to do that. I crumpled the note up and through it away before making some toast and going upstairs.
I took a shower and got dressed, grabbed my phone, iPod and some money, before making my way out of my house, locking the door from the inside before shutting it. I didn't know where I was going to go for sure but I figured if we did have school today then I would just hide out in the mall until school got out.
I made my way towards the mall, hoping that no one I knew would see me and ask me what I was doing outside of school.
I roamed around the mall for a few hours, ate some lunch and bought some new clothes.

I was on my way out of the book store when I literally ran into someone's chest. I was knocked down and the bag containing the book I had just bought along with the bags that held my clothes slid away from me. I looked up to glare at the person that I ran into when I saw Frank Iero. My best friend's dad. Frank had also been knocked down by the force of us running into each other, and he quickly started to get up. I knew that I should stand up and get my bags. Frank had already beaten me to getting my bags. He picked them up before offering me his hand to help me stand up. I took his hand and he pulled me up. Then he handed me my bags with a smile. I thanked him before turning to walk away.
“Hey, your name's Clover right” Frank said before I got very far. I turned and nodded my head slightly. “Kelsi's friend then. I wanted to buy her a present but I don't actually know what she would want.” Frank stated after I nodded. I sighed.
“Kelsi won't want a present from you. She doesn't really like you” I said, feeling bad instantly. His face fell and a frown held his lips. I sighed. This guy was my idol. He and his band saved my life twice without actually knowing it. The least I could do was to try to help him out. “But maybe if you get her a present that she really likes and wants then she may change her mind.” I said. I had a feeling I was wrong but what I had said made his face light up. It made me smile.
“Will you help me search for one?” he asked. I sighed again but nodded. It kept me out of the house.

For the next few hours, Frank and I went from shop to shop, trying to find a gift that Kelsi would absolutely love. I told Frank no clothes because that would just b weird since she wasn't here, and Frank hasn't been in her life for a full twenty four hours yet. I had forgotten how hared it was to shop for Kelsi. I usually would make her something for her birthday and Christmas. Finally after a good two and a half hours, Frank and I had found something that I knew Kelsi would love. After we purchased it, we went to Party City to get a bag and some tissue paper to put the gift in. Frank planned on giving it to Kelsi tomorrow some time.

After we were done shopping it was getting close to seven in the evening. I knew that if I didn't get home, my mom would be pissed but I didn't want to go home just yet. When Frank offered to take me home I told him that it was okay and that I would go home when I was ready. I figured I could get something to eat for dinner then start heading home and that was exactly what I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clover
Comments?