Status: Contest entry//finished

Cheat

Cheat.

It takes a writer of notes and chords to know another “true musician.” It makes a wordsmith to know a “real writer.” It takes a liar to read through the lies and bullshit of another and it takes a cheater to cheat another of their kind. I was none of those things, I was a nothing.

I hadn’t always been a nothing. I had been a cheater and a bad one at that. Not just when it came to girls, anything that could be cheated on I cheated, cards, board games, exams. Everything. In short I was a true cheater.

“Cheater!” A voice called, shattering the silence of the hallway. I didn’t need to look, I knew who it was, it was my girlfriend, Kenzie, or as close to a girlfriend as I could get to having one.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I sighed, it was the same thing every couple of weeks. She slammed my locker shut as she glared at me, easily a head taller than me in her four inch high heels.

“Like hell you don’t know!” She screamed thank god no-one else was around, this would be more than slightly embarrassing.

“I don’t know what you’re saying Kenzie.”

“You’re a liar and a cheater.” I brushed the words off. They meant nothing to me.

“And how do you know that?” I snapped in a annoyed tone as she pressed her body against mine, her hand on the locker.

“Because it takes one to know one,” her hot breath against my face, on my cheek, I could practically hear her lips as they brushed up against each other. “Bitch.” She added as little drops of spit landed on my face before she turned away from me quickly, her black hair hitting me in the face, the next thing I heard was her high heels clicking on the floor fading while I stood alone in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always appreciated :)