Sequel: I'd Run Away
Status: complete

There's Only One Way Down This Road

I wanna be the one to put it in a song

Three months later.

It’s been three months since my visit to the hospital and Alex’s suicide attempt. Three entire months have passed, and so much has happened.

I can’t even put everything straight in my mind so much has happened.

I got checked into rehab. One that still lets me see my friends and go to school like normal.

I started back up on my medication and I’m honestly feeling better than ever.

All Time Low ended up finishing up their tour a few weeks later, making tons of girls absolutely estatic. With the money from each concert, the boys were able to set up a charity. A charity that sponsors drug and alcohol awareness and rehabilitation. Something for Alex and I both.

Becca and Jack went through a little rough patch when Alex and I got out of the hospital. He thought it was unfair that she was blaming me for everything that happened even though it is my fault and she almost broke up with him. It took a whole hell of a lot to fix that.

Cameron decided to rehabilitate himself once he heard of all that had happened, because he took the blame upon himself. We both do group meetings and stay at the same rehab, which actually helps more than hurts.
It’s good having someone to talk to that knows exactly what you’re going through pretty much.

Kylie and Cameron got back together, surprisingly. Honestly, no one saw it coming.

Cameron, Kylie, Spencer, and I have been hanging out again. Things were slightly awkward, but they’re finally back to how we were at the beginning of the year. I’m actually really happy, though. I didn’t know I missed it so much until we all hung out.

Spencer and Ben are cuter than ever. As soon as school’s over, they’re moving into a quaint little apartment about fifteen minutes away from school. Ben offered to move up to Maine with Spence, but Spencer insisted that he needed to keep his job for when they got married later.
That boy has big dreams, always.

Becca and I made up. I went to her one night bawling my eyes out and a complete mess. She thought I was completely crashing after my high but when told her about rehab and all that, she forgave me immediately. Bex filled me in on everything I missed during the time I was a complete stoner. A lot had happened with her and I’m still upset I missed all of it. Thankfully, I had one of my best friends back in my life.

Things with the boys weren’t awkward, ever. Sure, Jack was alittle upset I didn’t go to him immediately when things began happening, but he forgave me and forgot all about it. Zack’s been helping me gain the weight I lost once again back, and it’s going really well. It’s good weight, too. I’ve been working out a lot as well, mainly to build muscle. Rian and I are better than ever, to be honest. He’s like the brother I never had. They all are.

My mom and I have kept in touch quite a bit. She’s back in New York and she’s dating one of the cutest men I’ve ever seen, Jay Willet.

Alex and I are fantastic. It’s almost like January never happened. We don’t take the fact that we broke up for a day or two and include it in how long we’ve been dating, which was nine months on the fourteenth. I love him. Both of us still wear our hospital bracelets, just as a reminder. A reminder to never let each other get to the point where we need medical attention because of a fight, or to not fight at all. He watches our for me and I watch out for him.

Our relationship went public when we got out of the hospital and some people got pictures of ‘Alex and his new boo.’ So far, there’s been little to no negative comments directed towards me or our relationship. There’s been some questions about the age difference, but who cares.

We’re happy and that’s really all that matters.

Once I graduate, he’s taking me on tour with him. Finally, right?

Bex is going with Jack and they’re bringing Ben and Spencer as well. It’s going to be like a vacation before we all go off to college. Alex even asked if it would be okay if he could hire Kylie and Cameron as his merch whores. I had no objections at all.

Speaking of graduation though, it’s today.

Becca came over bright and early to do hair and make up and get dressed so we can go together.

She just finished getting ready, and now she’s doing my hair and make up for me. I thinks he just really likes pampering me.

“Bex! You just burned my fucking scalp again, stop it.”

“Stop fucking moving and I won’t keep fucking burning you!” Becca exclaimed, moving the wand so it hit my head once again. She giggled as I moved a little and told me to stop moving. “Jasmine, your hair is so pretty. Can I have it?”

“Rebecca, no. For the last time, you can not have my hair.”

Becca pouted, but continued curling. “ I can’t ombre mine, though! And yours looks so good like this. I really don’t understand it.”

As a ‘welcome back to reality’ present after I got out of rehab, Rian paid for me to get my hair completely redone because my color was fading immensely and it looked awful. Of course, I didn’t get it cut and I just got it dyed. Darker on top and it slowly gets lighter as it goes down.

I love it.

I tried to do it on Becca and it didn’t work, AT ALL. She just looked silly.

Becca finally stopped torturing me and we both went to put or dresses on. She had this beautiful teal, strapless dress to wear under her gown, and the cutest white heels to go with it.

Forever classy, I went with the strapless, skin tight black dress and red pumps. Always. Red lipstick, smoky make up. It was practically what I was known for.

“You guys are going to be late for your own graduation if you don’t speed this all up.” Rian said, walking into my room. He was driving us because his car was the only one at Jack’s house right now, considering Jack, Alex, and Zack came together and left with Becca’s car and mine.

We rushed to the car and Rian sped a little bit just to get to the stadium. Of course, our school had to be old school and we’re having it in our stadium.

Oh Towson. I’m gonna miss you.

--

“This year has been huge. Not only for the entire school or our class, but also individually. For everyone, it seems as though this year was a battle to fight. But somehow, despite all that has happened to each of us personally, we were able to come together as a class and overcome the unthinkable at our age. We were united so many times, it’s shocking to think about. When Mrs. Adams was diagnosed with breast cancer, we raised thousands of dollars for her and saved her life. When our football team made it to State, we were there cheering them on, filling every seat we were offered, and then some. When our fellow classmate, Jane Fraiser and her entire family died in that car accident, we bonded together to give her an amazing ceremony and keep her memory alive. Like I said, I know I wasn’t the only one with some personal things going on as well. I threw the second half of my senior year away without realizing it, and I regret that. But no matter how bad things got, you guys were always there. I tried growing up when I was still too young and I lost apart of myself. This class will go on to do miraculous things. There’s no doubt about it. But enjoy being young while you can. We’re all going to go off in different directions and by August, it will seem like we’re starting over. But we’re not. This class will always be here, we will always be the class of 2011 and nothing can change that. Some may be leaving their best friends, some may being going to the west coast and some may not even go onto college. But this class will always be here. Just like we said at those football games, we’re unshakable. We’ve been through hell and back in these four years between drug busts and fights and lock downs and car accidents and friends or family passing away, but we’ve all gotten through it. It seems like this school has been throwing us a lot of shit, but we always come through. Together. When we meet back up again in ten, twenty, maybe thirty years, we will always be unshakable. Fuck this school and the shit we’ve been through. We’re done, guys, we’re fucking graduating!” I finished my mess of a speech and was immediately met with applause. I didn’t think it was good. I rambled because I never wrote what I was gonna say.

Dr. Brown, the principal, came up and took the microphone from my hands with a small smile on his face. “Jasmine Davis, always the charmer.”

He continued to thank everyone and list what our class has achieved before calling out the names. Unfortunately, valedictorian was always last.

It was great, though. Hearing my boys cheer at the top of their lungs for Cameron, Kylie, and Spencer. Of course Ben was the loudest for Spence. When Becca walked across the stage to receive her diploma, Jack stood on the chair and called to her that he loved her and let everyone know that that was his girl.

You never realize how large your class is until you have to wait for all of them to receive a diploma before you can. I was day dreaming a little bit until I heard Dr. Brown say the second to last name.

“And last but certainly not least, your valedictorian; Miss Jasmine Davis.”

I stood from my seat on the stage and walked forward to shake Dr. Brown’s hand and receive my diploma. When I looked into the audience, I almost broke down crying. Zack, Rian, Jack, and Ben were standing in an isle. Zack with a bouquet of roses, Rian was holding a small piece of the canvas Alex and I painted on our first date, and Ben was holding a stuffed cat. Jack was standing in an isle holding up a sign that read, “I love you, kitty. Always and forever. Will you marry me?” with an arrow pointing to where Alex was kneeling with a small box.

Mr. Smith was standing on the other side of me and he nudged me forward slightly. I smiled at him and quickly walked down the stairs of the stage before trying my hardest to run to Alex in heels. As soon as I got to him, I pulled him up and into a kiss.

I pulled away, giggling slightly at the lipstick I left behind, Alex was giving me an expecting look.

“Of course I will , Lex. I love you so much.”

The entire crowd, including the student section, began cheering as Alex brought me in for another passion filled kiss.

Over the applause and cheers, Dr. Brown took microphone and announced, “Congratulations Class of 2011. You guys graduated.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is shit and I'm sorry.
I was planning on one more chapter, but I think I'll end the story here.
I'll try to get the first chapter of the sequel up this weekend.
Thank you so much for all who took the time to comment. It really means so much to me,
Even if you were a silent reader, I still love you.

itstimetofight
rivals are insane
Tragic_Ending
jennabobenna
itspaaatricia
AliWasInWonderland
Daydream-away
Jeska
Mystic Monster

Thank you so much <3
I love you all.