‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 1- Zee

Zee:

Zee was surrounded by her group of friends for the slumber party of the summer. It had been about two weeks since Zee and Todd came back from their trip in time and by now the entire town had found out about it. Zee’s friends all decided to get together and hear about her wonderful adventures and have that slumber party that they had been talking about all semester. Zee felt that the transition back to a high school crowd was strange. She was glad that Dad had finally got their age back down to what it was, but it still felt strange.
The first thing Zee did after getting home was get her hair cut. No more long flowing locks that touched the ground! She had a fun choppy blonde bob and Todd didn’t even recognize her. Seeing her in long locks then the short hair was a big jump. At least some kid out there loved the donated hair.
“Okay, Zee! You need to tell us!” Zee’s best friend Rosie said jumping down onto Zee’s bed, “most awkward moment when you met your parents! You need to tell us!”
Zee thought for a second and then had the perfect moment.
“Would you guys even believe me if I said that my dad was a player in high school?”
They shook their heads no. Dad was a successful business man and scientist. He had the perfect job that brought in lots of money. However, he was a man that shaved his hair short, because he was starting to bald, and had the “Dad tummy”. Mom always goofed about his attempt at going to the gym, but he always found an excuse.
“Most awkward moment was being pared with him for an assignment. The Seniors needed to do a project with the Juniors and Dad was with me. He was trying to flirt with me the entire time and he actually kissed me!”
“NO!” Andrea said choking on her water.
“Yes! You should have saw his look! It was as if I puked in his mouth!” Zee laughed.
“Why are you so fine about this!” Rosie frowned.
“Come on, Zee,” Becca frowned, “You have had a series of horrible kisses!”
Zee shook her head demanding to know how her kisses with the boys she had gone out with were horrible. Becca, Rosie, and Andrea started to name off them all. That guy she kissed with under the bleachers of a game and she got hit with a ball. That other guy who tried to make his move on the subway between a bunch of sweaty people. That other other guy that gave her the flu.
“Oh and shall we remember the ever popular,” Rosie said.
“six year old kiss?” they all said at once.
“Oh, come on guys! I was six!”
Andrea then responded reminding Zee the whole story that they reminded her all the time. Zee was six and she walked in on a movie that Mom and Dad were watching that she shouldn’t have been watching. A man and woman who apparently were part of different families that hated each other were struggling to make the relationship happen. Zee walked in on one of the final scenes where they were being forced by their families to leave the other and they ran to each other and kissed for a good minute.
Zee in her little child mind wondered why she didn’t do that. Mom and Dad kissed. Aunt and Uncle did. So why couldn’t she? Though she didn’t know any hot men like the guy shown in the movie. The only boy she knew was the mud throwing Rascal next door. He was icky. Who else could there be? She then saw her brother. He was a boy!
The next moment she was being pushed out of his room and he was yelling at her for doing such a thing. Zee didn’t understand what she did wrong. She kissed a guy like they did in the movie and he got mad. Mom came to her rescue and attempted to tell her that kissing was meant for some other guy that wasn’t related to her.
“Why do you guys haunt me with that story to this day?!” Zee cried into her pillow.
“Because! It’s an example for us to tell our kids not what to do!” Rosie giggled.
“And it’s a great topic starter with your brother!” Andrea gave an evil smile.
Zee reminded her that he blocked the event from his mind and wouldn’t dare speak of it again. Becca then started talking about how hot her brother was and Zee threw a pillow at her. Her brother Jack was three years older than 16 year old Zee. He was taking a summer course at the college in town so that in the fall he would be ready. He was so smart in high school and every girl she ran into was in love with her brother.
Zee didn’t know why, he was a lazy kid who liked to sleep in a lot. Zee thinks that he likes art. That or science. She can never remember. Her brother was strange some days and others perfectly normal. He was also protective like her mother. At least Mom didn’t scare off her last boy friend…
Zee sighed and the girls started to talk about something else. It was three in the morning and the town was dark. They lived in the suburb part just outside of a large city. Dad worked just fifteen minutes away in a huge building and Mom worked at the news paper in town. They both loved their jobs and Zee wondered what she wanted to do. Zee liked the fun of reporting like her mom, but it was more like a hobby. She was only sixteen in this time so she still had some time to figure it out.
Figure out why that bush outside her window moved.
“Pst… guys…” Zee cocked a smile turning over to them, “guess who’s annoying cousin and friend is outside!”
“Really?” Andrea frowned, “How old are they? 8?”
“Lets scare them!” Rosie gave an evil smile.
They all did their secret handshake and pretended to be going to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D a bit short but a great way to start off!

Welcome Zee!