‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 10 - Todd

After getting a text from Jack earlier asking about a good place to take Zee that night, Todd started to get a weird feeling about it. Something was off about Jack lately and Todd didn't know what the whole thing was about but wanted to find out. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number and stared at the blank screen waiting for the person on the other end.

The screen flashed on and the familiar face with gigantic blond curls and soft hazel eyes appeared. "Hello there," Rosie said with a huge smile on her face. Todd saw that she was wearing another one of her signature bright outfits and couldn't help but smile.

"Hey sweetie, I was wondering if you would like to go on a date tonight?" He asked, he felt his cheeks flush as a smile spread on her face. She always had such cute facial expressions that made his heart melt.

"I would love to. Hey did you know Jack and Zee are going on some outing tonight? Do you want to spice up our date and be ninjas!?"

"You read my mind,"

"Ooh yeahy! Do you know where they're going?" He nodded and was about to say something but she continued, "So what should I wear? All black like a ninja or something to blend in with the other humans?"

"Do I even want to know what you're thinking?" He had to restrain himself from slapping his forehead hard for even bringing up the 'spy date' idea to her. It totally went to her head and was willing to give up her bright colored clothes just to go spy on her best friend and her best friends brother. 

"Probably not," She gave a thoughtful look before snapping out of it and smiling brightly to him. "Ok I have to go, I need to figure out what I'm wearing tonight."

"Alright you go have fun with that. I'll pick you up around five," He replied before saying goodbye and hanging up.

He passed the day by and finally decided he should get ready so he could go pick up Rosie. After feeling like a girl by taking over ten minites to figure out what he was going to wear, he settled for a plain white button down dress shirt and a pair of nice unholy jeans. Just to make sure he didn't look too dressy since they were going to spy on his cousins and go to a movie, he left his shirt untucked and his hair in its normal messy array.

Grabbing his keys and telling his family he was going out, he headed out to the old dark blue car that was sitting in the driveway waiting for him. Opening the door and turning it on, he guieded the car backwards onto the street and headed to Rosie's house. The drive only took 15 minutes and he pulled up in front of the house and was about to call her when he saw the old red door of the house open and her bounce out.

"Hey," She said as she got in and leaned over to kiss him quickly before shutting the door and pulling her seatbelt around her.

"Hey yourself," He replied as he looked to her outfit, happy to see she decided to stick with her brightly colored clothes instead of the 'ninja' attire that she said she might have worn. She had a yellow summer dress on with large polka dots splattered everywhere. Also, she had carpi lenght white leggings on and tan flipflops with bright pink toenails polish. "You look beautiful."

"Aw thanks, you don't look that bad yourself. See doesn't it feel nice to dress up every now and then?" 

"Don't push it," Instead of replying, she just laughed as she reached over and turned the music up on the radio.

When they pulled into the movie theater, Rosie started to freak out saying that she saw Jack's car. She started to ramble on about how they should pick the car lock and check if Jack was going to do anything suspicious with the things in his car; so Todd made a point of parking away from Jack's car.

When he found a parking spot, they walked hand in hand as they entered the main doors. Standing in line, Todd paid for the tickets and then went to go grab sodas and popcorn to share. Once they finally got out of the lines, they made their way to the theater and went to find a seat.

Rosie spotted Zee and Jack first sitting in the middle of the stadium seating sharing a box of popcorn and chatting. Todd found seats three rows behind them in the exact same seats that they had. As he was sitting down he saw Rosie pull out a pair of binoculars and a box of candy and smiled to him when she saw him watching her.

"My daddy always says come prepared. I have a tazer and rope in here too!" She grinned while Todd laughed and stole a few pieces of candy from her.

When the lights dimmed and the preveiws started to play, Rosie decided it was a good time to spy on Zee and Jack so she pulled her binoculars back out and looked throught them. Todd watched in pure amusment as she tried unsucsessfully to see in the darkness. Finally she gave up and ended up snacking on her candy as a way to sulk since it was too dark.

The movie ended an hour and 45 minutes later and Todd and Rosie stayed in their seats until the credits ended and the clean up crew came in. By then Jack and Zee were long gone but they wanted to make sure they didn't catch them there. Todd hadn't seen anything different about Jack and really couldn't hear what they were saying for the movie. The whole 'spy date' thing was a epic fail, but at least he was able to spend some time with Rosie. She really seemed to enjoy the alien movie with all the fake action scenes hey had. The producers and special effects people didn't even try to hide the fact it was all made on a computer, and made the movie even more hilarious.

"Oh can we go get some ice cream!?" Rosie asked as they walked outside and started to go to their car.

Driving down the familiar streets and parked in front of the famous outdoor ice cream drive-in built in the heart of downtown. There was a line still for being so late at night and they stood waiting for their turn. Todd noticed that Rosie had grabbed the jacket he had in the back of his car and had it tightly wrapped around her. He had to admit it was a pretty strange that it was so chilly for a summer night but was glad that he had forgotten to take the jacket in since it came in handy. 

Finally they were the next in line and they gave the woman their order and he paid her. Then they went to yet another line to wait for their name to be called. Rosie went to sit in the car since she was shivering while Todd waited. After getting the ice cream, he got in the car next to Rosie and kept it parked in the lot as they ate and warmed up. 

They kept up a random conversation as they raced to eat their ice cream before the heater melted it over their hands. Then once they were done, they got rid of the trash and Todd took Rosie home, then headed home himself.

"Hey guys," Todd said as he walked into his house. Both his parents were nestled together on the couch sharing a blanket and watching a movie. Ben was no where to be seen but that wasn't a big mystery since his little brother tended to loose himself in the video games he played.

"Hey sweetie how was your date?" His mom asked with a huge smile on her face. He didn't know why but his mother tended to think it was her job to tease him about his dates with Rosie whenever she could.

"It was good, though the movie was stupid." He replied trying to keep the conversation short since he wanted to go flop on his bed with a good book.

"Well at least you got to see Rosie. Isn't this the first date you've been on since you've been back from the past?" He nodded in response and said goodnight to his parents as he headed to his room.

He changed into a old shirt and a pair of sweat pants and pulled a random book off his shelves full of books and cds and sat on his favorite chair next to the window. He pulled the blinds up so he could see the stars and flicked on the lamp behind the chair. He just finished reading the second sentance when his phone rang. Mumbling to himself he pulled his phone out of his pocket and pressed talk without checking the caller id.

Zee's face popped up on the screen and laughed as she saw the annoyed face he gave her. "What do you want Zee?"

"Man someones grumpy,"

"I was just in the middle of a book. What do you want?" he repeated as she laughed again.

"So did you find it?"

"Find what?"

"Whatever Rosie and you were looking for when you followed us to the theater tonight. If you wanted to make sure we didn't see you then you shouldn't have brought Rosie. Her bright dress was a dead give away." Todd noticed two things when his cousin replied. First, that his cheeks were warm from the blush that was crawling on his cheeks. And second, that his couisn had one of her famous devilish smiles on her face when she saw his reaction.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for taking forever on this! I'm litterally on the brink of being grounded and my laptop got a virus so I'm using my iPod and writing all of this with my thumbs. Its been a hell of a week.

But I hope you enjoy! =}