‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 12 - York

When York woke up the next morning, he thought it was just another day. The thing he didn't realize was that he was totally wrong.

He woke to his alarm clock going off rather loudly. Greta was already in the bathroom getting ready since she had to leave a half hour before he did. She was a veterinarian with a small clinic in town and he was a the music teacher at the high school. Since he was off for the summer on break he had a summer job working at the music store giving private music lessons. 

He was just getting up as Greta came out of the bathroom dressed in a pair of brown scrubs with pandas printed across the shirt. Her light blond hair was twisted up into a bun and had her favorite earrings on he had given her for their first anniversary 20 years ago. She smiled when she saw that he was awake and reached up in her tippytoes to kiss him as she passed him to get her shoes on. 

"Actually up on time I see," She teased as she sat down to tie her shoes.

"Yeah I don't know whats wrong with me today," He replied back as he started to rummage through his closet to find some clothes to wear. Thankfully his summer job wasn't too dressy so he could go in wearing a pair of jeans and a nice shirt.

She disappeared out of the bedroom just as he was walking into the bathroom. In a matter of 15 minutes he was done and dressed walking out into the kitchen to see Greta grabbing her purse and keys. They said goodbye and then she left just as he was sitting down with a bowl of cereal.

After he finished eating, he grabbed his messenger bag and helmet before heading out to his bike. Starting it up, he pulled his helmet on then disappeared down the road toward the music store. When he got there, he parked in the back and then walked into the store where his coworkers were talking in the back.

"Hey York your first student is here." One of the men said as York put his helmet and bag in his locker.

"Really? My first student isn't until 9:30." York replied as he checked his watch to see it was only a few minutes after 8.

"Its a new student, the mother personally asked for you when I was on the phone with her yesterday. She wanted to set up a class with you right away so I told her you were free this morning and she took it right away." 

"A little heads up would be nice Tom, do we have any info on the student?" York asked as his coworker shook his head. 

"No but here is his file," He handed York a manila folder and he took it flipping it open.

"Chris Daniels, 15, mother pays in cash and schedules a class as soon as possible. Something doesn't feel right." York mumbled as he walked out of the room. Heading to the front of the store, he saw a small boy standing there holding a square case in front of him. "Chris Daniels?"

The boy turned and smiled as he saw York standing there. "Yes, hello Mr. Asher!" He extended his hand York took it shaking it.

"Alright Chris, why don't we go to one of the rooms and get started?" The boy nodded and followed him back to the private study rooms. After the door was closed, York turned to see the boy setting the box on the table and opening it. Warning bells were going off in his head as he looked at the box.

York couldn't see what was in box but felt like kicking himself when he saw the boy pulling out a shiny flute from the box. Laughing under his breath he sat down and was about to start the lesson when he saw the boy staring at him with a strange expression.

"So York, how has it been all these years without me? I see you've grown to be a fine man with a good family." The boy said as he began to alter his appearance. The boy grew taller and his hair and features changed until York reconized Sir Carter standing before him.

"It's been heaven until today," York spat back as he saw sparks starting to come from Carters hands and then he raised them above his hands. 

York was about to react but suddenly his vision began to swim and the world started to spin. Then everything went black and York felt as if he was falling.

When he opened his eyes, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He was standing in front of a large mirror. At first it just showed his reflextion, but then the image started to blur and then he saw a younger version of his parents with Mori and him as teenagers. It was of them packing the kitchen at their old house before they had moved to Carters town 25 years ago. His parents tried to lighten the mood by signing along to the oldies radio station. 

Then the image blurred and changed again. He was in the family mini van staring at his drawing of his favorite place in the park just as the van slowed. York looked out the window to see a large house coming into veiw, only it was the wrong house. This house was white with two stories. The sceanery was different and there was no trees anywhere in sight. 

The image changed again as the teenaged York and Mori walked down the hallway of the new school. Only again it wasn't the right school. Then York understood, the mirror showed what his life would be like if they hadn't moved to that town. The image kept changing and showed York falling in love with a different girl and having a daughter and son instead of Todd and Ben. It also showed him with a different job and even Mori had a different husband and kids.

As he watched the mirror change more and more showing different images of his would be life, the room he was in started to shake. York fought to keep his balance and then heard a voice calling to him.

"York, hey York honey, wake up!" The voice called to him as he started to come to and opened his eyes slowly.

When the world stopped spinning and his eyes adjusted to the light, he saw Greta kneeling over him with a worried exprssion on her face. She helped his sit up and he reached out and wrapped his arms around his wife and hugged her. The dream he had just had was strange and he hated it. He like his life he way it was now and he wouldn't try anything to change the way his life turned out.

"York?" He noticed the worry rising in his wifes voice and he let go of her and smiled.

"I'm alright Grets," He replied as he heard people coming over to them and saw Ben and Todd. Then saw Mori and her family coming over also. "Where are we?" He asked as he realized he was wearing strange clothes.

"The past," Was all Mori said as Todd and Greta helped him up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yes if you're wondering, this is supposed to be in York pov. We wanted to change it up a little bit and who better to change the pov then to go back to York and Mori!?

So here it is, enjoy! =}