‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 14 - York

York stood and followed his family to the main room of the house to see a large table in the middle of the dining room. The table was set with the proper plate setting including the three forks and polished knives sitting elegantly on either side of the beautiful china.

"Everyone, these are my parents John and Mary Cassidy and my little sister and brothers Anna, Simon, and Phillip." Louis introduced.

"Oh yes this is my family. I'm York, this is my wife Greta, and my sons Todd and Ben. And this is my sister," York started but Mori cut him off.

"I'm Mori, my husband Quinn, and my daughter Zee. I also have a son but I don't know where he is at the moment." York noticed there was a bit of worry in his twins eyes that only he caught.

"Its very nice to meet you. Why don't you all sit down to eat, I bet your hungry." Louis' mother said as they thanked her as they took their seats. York noticed that the boy had taken a seat next to Zee, who was blushing terribly and loving every bit of it.

"So where are you from?" The boys father asked as York and Mori shared one of their famous looks. "You know Greta, you look a lot like Ms. Stevenson down the road. Lovely woman Olivia is, she has two daughters a one year old and new born. Are you related by chance?" When they heard that, everyone at the table seemed to stare at Greta, who had a look of disbelief on her face. 

"Mmm, actually yes I am." Greta said as York shot her a questionable look. She shot a look back as if to say to trust her and he let it go since there was no stopping her now. "Distant relitive come to visit cousin Olivia, we got lost on the way since she usually comes to our house and this is our first time visiting her. Anyway, we were wondering if you could show us the way if it's not too much to ask."

"I don't see that thats too much of a bother," The father said with a tone of voice as if to suggest he was happy to hear them leave quickly. "Louis here can show you the way right after dinner, its about a ten minute walk there. Not too far,"

"Thank you so much! We really appreciate it." Greta replied as they kept up a small conversation as they ate. 

When they were finished, the girls helped Mary clear the table but were shooed out of the kitchen so Louis could take them to Olivias house. They left after short goodbyes and then followed Louis down the road. York made sure to keep to the back of the group along with Greta. Louis was off talking with Zee and the kids and pointing out different things in the town.

"Grets, what are you thinking?" York whispered so the love struck tour guide didn't over hear.

"Trust me, be thankful that they mentioned my mom since we can have her help us. Besides I think John wanted us out of his house as soon as possible." 

"And what are you going to do when you see her? Go up to her and say 'Hey mom, its me grown up Greta! My future husband and your grandchildren need a little help getting back to our real world. Can you help'?"

"More or less, yeah." She replied as he gave her another worried look. "Listen, if I know my mother like I think I do, she'll help. I know she'll believe us, she is a sorceress after all."

"York this is the easiest way to get back home, lets just go with it. Your wife is a pretty powerful sorceress like her mother anyway, what could go wrong?" Mori said as York just looked to his wife and gave a small nod.

The boy slowed down and stopped in front of a two story wood building and Greta gasped as she looked up to see it. Thanking Louis and trying to give him a hint to leave, he ended up being stuck like glue next to Zee as Gretta climbed the steps and knocked on the door.

"Yes?" A woman asked as she opened a door. There was a tiny girl clinging to the womans skirts, the girl had blazing red hair and rosy cheeks much like her mother. The young Olivia looked exactly like she did back in their time only with a little less grey in her hair and less wrinkles. "Greta?"

"Hey mom," She replied as a baby started to cry somewhere inside the house. "Why don't you all come in, and Louis you should go home its almost dark. Thank you for bringing them over." 

York noticed the boy was about to protest but then caught a small flick of Olivias wrist and then the boy turned and walked away. They followed Olivia inside and when the door was shut, she disappeared into another room where the baby was.

"Is that Aunt Red?" Todd asked as Greta looked to the small girl and nodded. She kneeled down and started talking to the small girl as Olivia walked back in with a baby in her arms.

"Ok so why in the world is my 40 year old daughter here with her family?" Olivia asked as she walked into the family room and took a seat on a rocking chair and the others followed.

"Wheres grandpa Bear?" Ben asked as York elbowed him.

"Who?" Olivia asked then realized that they were talking about someone in the future. "No nevermind, anyway Gretta what are you doing here?"

"Um, someone sent us here agaist our will and we need help getting back. Mom, what year is it? Is dad still..." Gretta let the last part left hanging.

"It's 1903 and no, its been about a year since that." Olivia replied. "And who exactly sent you and what is going on in your time that you were sent here?"

"Mom, really I can't say anything unless you want to know the future." 

"Well I already know what your husband and kids look like. Anyway we need to figure out a way to get you back to your time. I have a few spare rooms upstairs for you. I'm sure the kids would be ok with sharing a room."

"Thank you mom," Greta said as Olivia got up and Greta followed up the stairs and everyone separated into their different rooms.

When York closed the door to their room, he ave a sigh or relief as he pulled off the shoes he was wearing and the scratchy coat. Greta had a long red victorian style dress on and a corset also. He laughed when she startled to complain about the sjoes she was wearing.

York didn't realize how tired he was and once he was laying down in bed, he felt his eyes instantly get tired. Then soon after he was fast asleep...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yet another chapter in Yorks pov. This might be the last one of his before we go back to Todds pov. After this little filler/distraction it's probably going to pick up!! So be prepared!!

Any way, enjoy and feel free to comment! =}