‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 18 - Todd

Todd gasped as he tried to reach out to grab Zee's hand as she dissappeared into the vortex Carter had created. Once the wind and dust settled down, he saw that Zee was gone and only Carter and a passed out Andrea were there in the building. Carter had an annoyingly smug smile on his face and was watching him in amusement as Todd tried to get his thoigts together.

"Where did you send her? Where's Zee?" Todd yelled as his hands tightened into fists.

"Well I had to break up the dinamic duo somehow so I can go on with my plan. But she's fine, she's just in the same place I sent her brother, though I shouldn't even call him that." He paused long enouh to catch the confused look on Todds face and another smug smile appeared. "Oh so your partner in crime didn't tell you did she?"

"What are you talking about? What's your plan and what are you talking about Jack not being her brother?"

"Now why would I tell you? That'll just ruin the fun. No, you're just going to have to enjoy solving my latest puzzle yourself." With that Carter laughed as he raised his hands in the air and vanished leaving a large fire in his place.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me, just what I need." Todd muttered as he rushed over to where Andrea was lying and picked her up to carry her out of the burning building. When they were outside, Todd lay her down and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Yeah what?" Dax asked when he picked up his phone after Todd called him.

"I need you to pick us up, I don't have a car and Andrea's passed out cold." 

"Where's your partner in crime and her brother? Can't you just ask him instead."

"It's a long story and Jack isn't here. I'm on 9th and Nicholson," Dax sighed and nodded.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes," With that the phone went dead and Todd shut the phone and put it back in his pockets. He sat on the curb with Andrea passed out next to him. After a few moments, a cloud of dust came out of nowhere with a poof and Dax was there when the sparkly cloud dissappeared. Todd had to keep from laughing when he saw his best friend standing there in a puffy sparkly pink dress with his short hair tied up in pigtails. Dax also had a gold tiara in his hair and a long wand in his hand.

"Um," Todd started but Dax pointed the wand at him and gave him a glare.

"Don't even start." He replied as Todd bit his lip. "Are yoh supposed to be pinocchio?"

"Yes, but do I even want to ask what you're supposed to be?"

"I don't even know what I am," Dax sighed.

"Whats with the dress? You know usually people would usually change before going out in public dressed like that."

"Normally yes, but I can't. No matter what I change into it turns into a frilly dress. Even my pajamas!"

"You don't wear pajamas,"

"Exactly," Dax said as Todd grimiced. "Anyway, can we please get out of here? I don't want to be seen looking like this." Todd nodded as Dax came over and wrapped his arms around him and Andrea before raising his arm and waved the wand in the air and a sparkly cloud surrounded them. 

It was much like the same feeling of being teleported that Todd got when Carter had transported them so he was used to it. When the dust settled, he realized that they were back at Todds house. His father and mother were staring at them in confusion as the Dax smoothed out his dress. 

"What in the world is going on?" His dad asked as he looked from Dax to Todd then to the passed out Andrea.

"Um, we had another run in with Carter." Todd explained as he lay Andrea down on the couch.

"Where's Zee?" He asked as Todd shrugged.

"What are you supposed to be Mr. Asher?" Dax asked as York glanced at him.

"Toto, and what does that shrug mean? What happened to Zee? I thought you two went out to mess around? Was Carter invloved?" Todd sighed and nodded as his dad waited for explain. Finally he gave in and told his dad what had all happened and explained that he had no clue where Zee had gone.

As soon as he had finished, his dad went to the phone to call Aunt Mori and asked her if Zee was there. They started a long conversation and Todd flopped down on another couch and flipped on the tv. The tv was already on a local news channel and the reporter was standing in front of a large building that was on fire. Then he realized that was the same building that they had been in with Carter.

The camera showed at least a dozen firemen and police trying to keep gawkers away from the building. At least three other news stations were there all bascially reporting the same thing. All they knew about the fire was that it was huge and how it started was still unknown as was if there was anyone inside. As he watched, Todd suddenly noticed something in the background and grabbed the remote to rewind and play that section again. Then when he did, he paused the tv and stared at the screen in amazement.

"Uh dad," He said as he turned to see his dad still on the phone with his aunt. "I found Zee."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there faithful readers, again I'm so sorry it took really long again. The time around the 4th gets a bit hectic for my family and I so I didn't spend a lot of time writing, and I got a bad case of writers block in the middle of writing this. But thanks so much for sticking with the story and not throwing things at me for being so slow! Lol

But I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July with your families and friends or if you're in another country reading this, I hope you had a nice average day. Lol

So here is my section once again. It's short but hopefully you enjoy it. :}