‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 19- Zee

Zee:
Zee walked around the tiled floor. The floor was so clean that she could see a perfect reflection of herself on the floor. She was bored of pacing and realized that if she stepped on the hem of her dress, she could slide across the smooth marble floor. She did this a few times till she retreated to the piano. She plucked a few keys. Then did a simple song. Then she created a song. Then in the end she just pounded her hands on the keys.
Zee was beyond bored. She was at the point of pathetic. This was pathetic that she had to be forced into a space where there was no real entertainment of any kind. There were no books in the main room here or in the little bedroom suite upstairs. Luckily there was a bathroom, but there was nothing she could use to entertain herself, besides the piano.
The room she was in was beyond quiet and she needed something to do. She looked over to the other side of the large room to see a grand father clock. However, she noticed, that it was broken. The time was stuck at 3 o’clock and she couldn’t even hear a click from the clock’s gears.
She kicked the clock then looked back to the piano then to the window she looked out before. She NEEDED interaction. She then screamed as loud as she could. She could have sworn that glass shattered, but then noticed another noise above her. She carefully walked up the stairs on the other side of the room.
She entered the suite and saw the beautiful room. The bed was large and curtains draped down from the sides to hide the bed. The ceilings were vaulted with beams and everything was decorated with wood. There was another window that opened up to the view she couldn’t escape. Then Zee noticed someone struggling in her bed. She was in a blissful mode for a second, happy to finally see some company, but when she got closer to the bed she saw Jack tied up with duck tape over his mouth.
He looked over to her with hopeful eyes but she was more ticked than happy.

“Will you please let me go?” He asked as Zee tied him up with her hair.
Zee didn’t respond as she tied Jack to a chair. He was wearing the same uniform as the thugs they ran into before but he didn’t look like them. Jack looked horrible. He had bags under his eyes, his hair was tangled and he was dirty. Zee looked up to see a platform on top of the extended ceiling. He was obviously tied up there and was trying to break free.
“So now I’m getting the silence treatment?”
“If I recall. You were the one who ran away from me.”
He then was quiet. He looked at the ground and looked back at me as Zee started to walk away toward the bed.
“What are you doing?”
“Going to bed.”
Then as if it was magic the sunlight poring through the windows disappeared and night fell across the room. Zee ignored it because this happened before too. Zee had no idea why it did this, but it didn’t help with her boredom problem.
“Then what was the purpose for tying me up then?”
“If I’m going to die up here then you’re going to die with me.”
“Zee, we’re stuck in a story boo-”
Zee threw one of the hard pillows at his face, knocking him and the chair over. He swore and grumbled trying to rub the back of his head. Zee felt a tug from her hair as he tried to move, but it was hopeless.
“Don’t you dare talk to me about stuff like that!”
“I’m not lying!”
“Oh, I’m sorry, let’s then just go back to rainbow happy land where we’re all one big happy family!”
“Zee-”
“Why on earth should I listen to anything you say? Tell me one thing that was true that you ever said to me!”
It was silent for a bit. Zee’s eyes narrowed as she threw the covers over her body. That’s what she thought. Nothing he said was true-
“I love you.”
Zee felt her heart skip a beat. She was shocked on his remark. She turned her head slowly and peered through the curtains to see Jack on the floor. There were tears in his eyes and his jaw was pressed tight together as he tried to keep himself together. His head turned slightly on the wooden floor.
“That was true… and still is.”
Zee moved her hand out of the covers and pushed the curtain to the side briefly.
“Ever since I first saw you, I knew that you were special. You were different than any of the other girls I met before. No one had their hair that short, you spoke your mind, and put yourself in harms way…”
Zee sat back for a second.
“I had long hair when I was a kid and was one of the shyest people you would ever… meet…”
Then Zee realized something. When they went back into the past she met that teen Louis. He was showing her around town one of the days that they were there and Zee almost got ran over by a buggy only to save a child who wasn’t looking. She noticed other girls watching stick up their noses at what she had done. She was covered in mud and the kid didn’t even thank her for rescuing him. Louis was the only one that actually was fascinated with what she had done.
“You met me in the past… didn’t you?”
Jack slowly turned his head to look up at the ceiling. Zee sat up and pushed the curtains back from her bed.
“Louis?”
He gave a slight laugh and a smile, “no one has called me that in a hundred years.”
Zee kicked off the blankets and dropped to the floor and picked him off the floor. She quickly untied him and he pulled himself out of the rope that he was tied with before.
“I thought that you were trapped by those fairies we met before!”
He was about to say something then his eyes got large. He stood up and ran over to the window and threw the shutters open. He growled and hit his fist on the window. Zee asked him what was wrong when the entire room started to smell. Zee coughed at the overwhelming smell of smoke and Louis ran back over to Zee. He placed his hands over her shoulders and pushed her up out of the bed telling her that they needed to get out of here.
Zee didn’t understand what was going on, but then she noticed the window behind them starting to burn from a quickly spreading fire. Zee coughed and felt her knees start to give in from fear. Louis pushed her on telling her that they’ll be fine.
“W-what is going on?!” Zee coughed.
Louis pulled out his pocket a handkerchief and gave it to Zee to use.
“I was trying to tell you before. We’re stuck in a book at the library headquarters. It looks like he’s trying to burn the book to get rid of us.”
“He should know by now that’s not going to stop us. We’ll come back anyways,” Zee exclaimed in a cocky tone.
They reached the marble lower floors and Louis looked around the room quickly.
“Not so likely this time.”
“What are you talking about?!”
Louis turned to Zee and gave a serious look, “When Carter forced me in here, he took the remaining magic power I had left. I didn’t have much power as is, so I can’t get out!”
Zee turned and saw the ceiling above them start to spark. The room was growing hotter and hotter and flames were spreading around the walls. They were safe for now in the tiled area, but once the ceiling collapses then they would be crushed. She then realized that all the times that they just cheated Carter’s wrath, this time they might not get back.
“I don’t understand… why does he keep doing this? Is he really trying to kill us or just stall us?”
“He’s been trying to stall us.”
“How do you-”
“Carter is trying to find the fairies that took me those many years ago.”
Louis’s fists tightened and he recalled to Zee what he found out. Every magic user knows that the worst magic users out there are fairies, who were known for their mischief and hatred against humans. They’re some of the most powerful magic users ever and Carter knew that if he found all of the fairies that were in hiding that they would want to join in his plan to destroy the world.
“Though he doesn’t understand that fairies are worse than him. He thinks that they can lift his curse and he could be even more powerful again, but they’ll kill him first before he could do anything. If he shows them the project that he was working on, they’ll use it to their advantage. Which could cause everyone to be their slaves, like I was.”
“Was?”
“I was lucky. The fairies I was with used to treat me as a slave, but changed a few years before I left. They treated me like I was a member of their family. After years of torment, I was skeptical at first, but I realized later on why they were so nice to me…”
He looked away and said that he would run away at first to meet up with his family, but after a while he realized that they were all gone. He coughed hard with the growing smoke and she saw tears in his eyes. Zee then took his hands realizing what he was doing. He was reminiscing so that he wouldn’t have to die without his story being told. Zee took his head in her hands and forced him to look at her. She tried to comfort him saying that everything was going to be okay even though she was crying herself.
The ceiling started to crumble and the room was hot and smoky. They traced each other with their eyes telling each other that they were sorry. The next moment they were kissing. It was a sort of “caught in the moment” deal, but it was a kiss none the less. Zee could hear the girls in her head counting another horrible kiss to the list, and above that she was kissing a guy that looked like her brother.
It didn’t matter. They were going to die. Or so they thought.
Zee looked up when she heard sirens in the background. There were fire trucks and the news trucks behind them and Zee saw a burning building in the background. She fell to the ground gasping that was too close and that her luck of getting out of trouble seemed to be dwindling. She felt Louis’s hands grab her arms to ask her if she was okay. She turned to say something when she looked up into a different face rather than Jack’s.
“L-Louis?” Zee said poking at his face.
He looked at his hands and noticed the baggy change in his clothes. He felt his own face and noticed his red hair flip across his brow. His shocked look quickly changed to a relieved smile.
“My…curse! It’s gone!”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry that this is so long!! D:

I wasn't loving it at first, so I added more in the beginning and kept going...

I hope it wasn't so awkward!