‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 2 - Todd

“Dude what are you doing?” Todd asked as he looked over his shoulder to see his best friend Dax carrying a backpack. They were walking down the sidewalk leaving their bikes behind as they made their way to Zee’s house.

“Check it out,” Dax said as he unzipped the bag and pulled out a can and gave it to Todd.

“This better not be beer or explosives or anything,” He turned the can over and read the label as a smile crept on to his face. “Oh this is amazing!”

“You bet it is, just wait until the girls find out!” They reached the house and Todd lead the way walking through the grass to the gate to their yard. When they got to Zee’s window, he noticed that the light had just flicked off and there was some giggles as muffled voices came from inside her room.

When he peered in the window to see all the girls lying down on the makeshift beds. Zee was sprawled out on her bed with another girl next to her and the two other girls were lying on blankets on the floor. Dax and he shared a look as Todd pulled out his pocket knife and wedged it between the window and the frame and began to wiggle it to get the lock open.

Even if his dad hadn’t taught him his trick to his pick lock skills, he had mastered a few skills of his own. So he knew exactly how to maneuver the knife to get the lock and soon heard the faint click as the lock gave and Todd smiled. Putting the knife back in his pocket, he took the two cans that Dax gave him and got ready to throw the window open.

Raising his hand and counting to three silently, he threw the window open and hopped in just and the light turned on. He pressed down on the nozzle of the can and its contents sprayed out just as something cold and went hit him in the face. There were screams from the girls as the light flicked on and Todd could finally see what was being shot at them.

“A water gun, that’s the best you can do?” Todd teased as they all ran out of ‘ammo’ and they calmed down.

“Ew, Todd this is silly string! Are you serious!?” Zee asked as Todd started to laugh as he looked to his cousin and saw that the blue string was tangled in her short hair and all over her white piggy jammies.

“Ha, you look ridiculous!” Dax said as they bumped their fists together and both had stupid smiles on their faces.

“I wonder why, this stuff better come out!” Rosie said sarcastically as she pulled a wad out of her hair and groaned. Todd just laughed as he bent down and kissed her cheek and pulled some more silly string off of her back as she glared at him.

“So what’s the 411,” Todd asked in a girly voice as he batted his eye lashes at the girls and Dax came right in and played along.

“Yes we must know EVERYTHING; we are so like, bffs you know.” Dax replied as he pulled his longer red hair into a ponytail and giggled.

“Ok we’re not telling you anything if you keep talking like that.” Becca replied smacking Todd on the head. He just laughed and agreed.

“What are you even doing here? Besides acting like 8 year olds that is,” Zee asked as she shot a look to him.

“Well a little birdie told us that you were having a sleepover tonight since you haven’t seen anyone besides my lovely face in over two years.” Todd replied but Zee cut him off.

“And by a little birdie you mean Jack don’t you?”

“A magician never reveals his secret.” There was a pause and his cousin gave him a knowing look. “Alright it was Jack, we’re having a little shindig with him tonight and he told us about the sleepover and we had to crash it quick before we leave.”

“Anyway, tell us about the past!” Andrea went on as she smiled to Todd. “What was it like; did you see your parents? What about mine?”

“Yes we saw our parents, let me tell you Aunt Mori hasn’t changed that much in 25 years neither has my dad. Then I saw both pairs of my grandparents there too and let me tell you that was really strange! Knowing the past my mom’s parents have was really strange!”

“Really what’s so strange!?” Becca asked as their door opened and Jack walked in and saw Todd and Dax there and laughed.

“Thought you two were here.” Jack said as Dax and Todd smiled getting up and walking over to him. They all bumped fists with each other and said bye to the girls and wished them luck getting the silly string out of their hair and walked out of the room to groans and complaints.

Jack grabbed his bag and keys as they made their way out of the house to get in the car. Jack was in the passenger seat and Dax was complaining in the back while Jack pulled out of the driveway and on to their guy’s night out to celebrate Jacks acceptance to college. He had a summer course he was doing but they had convinced Jack to take a night off of being a nerd and do something with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeahy here's the second part! Hope you guys like it! =}

Subscribe and comment if you wish!