‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 7- Zee

Zee:

“Enough!” someone shouted slamming their fists hard on a surface.
Zee, Todd and Ben stopped inching forward surprised by the noise.
“You’re not listening to me! I need your help on this!”
Zee got to the corner and peered over the edge. The room was rather large and had a warm glow of light. This was someone’s secret office and two people were talking by a nice wooden desk. The figures by the wooden desk were both men. They wore nice suits and were deep into a conversation.
Todd pushed his head over the corner too and his eyes got large noticing the stance of the man closest to them. He had long dark hair that was pushed back into a pony tail. Silver locks of hair were pushing through his nice pony tail and he looked mad. The man on the other side of the desk messed with his glasses and sat back down in his chair.
“I don’t think you realize, Carter, that this world of yours is impossible to accomplish now!”
“Carter?!” Zee whispered with a shocked look to Todd.
“If you’re implying to the amount of technology interfering with the magic, I’ve fixed that! I’ve found a way to-”
“So what if you have found a way. The problem is that your band of misfits that are scattered across this world are not going to stand a chance against the anti- magic programs the governments have! Ever since what you did twenty five years ago, others that have magical powers stepped up to prevent something like a world magic system from working again! You’re not going to stand a chance against them!”
“And you’re not listening to me! I need your help to make this possible!”
“Oh, don’t give me that! You only need my help because I was banished for using dark magic too. By the way, how is the banishment treating you?”
The man behind the table cocked an eyebrow and Carter’s hands turned into fists. Zee tried to look around the corner again, but Todd pulled her arm motioning that they had to leave now. He had his hand around Ben’s mouth, who was trying really hard to ask what was going on. They started slowly to turn back as the two started to talk again and then they picked up the pace.
They got out of the secret tunnel and Todd made sure that no one was following them.
“Todd, what’s wrong?! Who are those people?!” Ben said rather loudly.
Todd and Zee both thumped him and told him to be quiet.
“What’s going on?!”
“Will you shush?!” Todd said as they made their way to the front door.
Ben fell over a box and Zee gritted her teeth praying aloud that they didn’t hear that.
“I heard it.”
The three turned around to see the man with the glasses. He stood tall and had a silver head of hair. He reminded Zee of some of the professors that she remembered back in the past. He was probably a school teacher, with an old western flavor of clothes. He had a hard look on his face and a scar over the side of his face.
“What are you doing here?!” they heard a voice behind them and saw Carter.
He looked different than what Zee and Todd remembered. His hair was the same, but he was dressed modern in a nice suit. The man with the glasses picked up Todd with ease and looked at the boy.
“Hum, he would be perfect for a project that I have been working on-”
Zee tried not to move, if her experience with Carter taught her anything, suspect the worse. She glared over to Carter and frowned.
“I thought that Mori and York killed you.”
The two suddenly started to laugh and the man with glasses dropped Todd to the floor. He thought that her comment was beyond hilarious. He commented on how no mortal could even try to kill a magical being. Most magical beings couldn’t be killed, even by their own kind. Zee noticed something different about Carter. Zee was constantly being called down to the office when she was at the college. Carter knew that she was up to no good and he knew also that she and Todd weren’t affected by the curse he placed on the town.

Zee remembered spinning around in Sir Carter’s fancy chair in his office as she waited for him to come in. This time she was caught vandalizing his office. He marched into his office with the most furious look on his face. She was chewing gum and spinning around and around in his chair and waved to the man.
“Ah! How is the headmaster doing? Is that a new wrinkle on your beautiful face?”
He frowned and suddenly she was spinning faster and faster out of her control. He smiled as he forced the ride short and Zee looked like she was about to puke. She looked up and glared at the man.
“You know that nothing is going to make us follow your stupid rules. No matter how many times you try to make me puke over your desk.”
“And I want to know why that is.”
He grabbed her jaw forcefully and she saw the rage in his eyes. The smiles he gave everyone on campus were fakes. He wasn’t a nice man and could care less if he was hurting Zee. He saw her as a stumbling block that needed to be removed. However, he also knew of her importance by being unaffected by the curse.
“You and your friend have been causing havoc all across my campus for a year now and every time I get more riddles from you and him. Now, if you don’t want to find yourself on Mars you better tell me what you are.”
“If you’re implying that I’m some sort of mutant, then yes, yes I am. I shoot lasers from my eyes and have metal claws that come out of my hands. Oh, and my name is Super Duper Girl. And my partner in crime is Super Duper Guy Thing and could melt your brain into jell-o.”
Sir Carter grunted and his grip on her chin was tight. Zee gave him a cocky look. She knew that he couldn’t get rid of her. She was too important to him and she enjoyed annoying the man. Zee wondered if he enjoyed this too. His eyes said that he hated it, but his words and always forcing her to meet with him seemed to say that he enjoyed this annoyance. It was a challenge and he wanted to fix it.
“You know, if you just wanted to say that you love me, then say it,” she gave a huge toothy smile and cocked an eyebrow.
The door opened and his evil secretary came in needing to tell him something. There was trouble down town in the 150th year celebration of the town’s existence. Zee could hear the screams from the town and popping of fireworks close by. She knew it was her parent’s doing. She smiled and he pushed her away and walked to the front of his office.
“Mark my words, “Zee”. The next time you bother me again, I will kill you.”
“Love you too handsome! Go out there and bring home the bacon! Oh, and can you pick up Timmy and some milk too?”
He turned to the secretary with a “get her out of here now” look and disappeared in a patch of smoke. Zee smiled as she stood from his chair and placed her arms out for the secretary to take her to her room for being a naughty girl.

That was the last time Zee saw Carter. He didn’t age at all but mainly his look was different. It was like he was desperate and concerned. The other man smiled and stepped aside.
“Carter, looks like these kids have a past with you. So I shall give you the honors to dispose of them.”
Carter looked to the man with a strange look that Zee read as almost fear. The other man crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow waiting for him to do something.
“Come on, Carter. Years away from your perfect empire made you soft to mortals?”
Zee smiled wanting to make him even more uncomfortable, “soft and pudgy! I saw what you ate before! Now you’re a wrinkly old man with-”
The words old man was the tipping point of Carter. His look became hard like before and Zee, Todd and Ben were shot from the abandoned home they found. They were shot out and thrown thirty feet in the air. They all screamed for dear life and Ben was the most scared. He kept complaining that they were going to die. Todd and Zee almost believed him as they started to fall to the ground. Though, before they could write their mental wills, they fell feet first into the cold ocean waters.
The three of them quickly swam to the top and coughed as the waves pushed them toward land. Todd looked around and wondered why Carter hadn’t killed them, but all they did know was that they were alive. Alive and ready to go complain to their parents on why Carter wasn’t killed…
♠ ♠ ♠
shorter :)

hope you like!

rate and comment if you please!