‹ Prequel: I want You.
Sequel: I Love You;

Show Me Love.

O n e;

Matt Sanders watched as his brown eyed friend walk aimlessly around her yard, wishing nothing more then to help her. Her name is Kadence and she shut herself down, and let no one in, well except for Matt. But even with Matt she had a hard time trusting him with anything anymore. She never used to be like that, in fact she was the opposite, she loved everyone. But with so much love she got used, and even abused. Matt was someone she used to trust with her life, but it was gone. Her trust was gone. People broke it over and over, and she just finally gave up .

It hurt Matt to see a person he called his best friend and someone he loved so much, so hurt and broken. But it hurt him even more because he had no idea how to fix it, when he desperately wanted to. She used to be so lively and everyone’s mood just brightened up being around her. But things change. It was like Kadence feared people, feared what more they could do to her. She closed herself off when the people she knew, loves and trusted all seemed to hurt her in one way or another. Matt of course would never give up on her or hurt her, but he knew that Kadence feared that he would, and he just wished he could change her mind. He wanted to prove to her he was never going to leave but he just could not figure out how.

“You know I am okay, you don’t have to stay here,” Kadence said as she walked onto the porch, bringing Matt’s hazel eyes to look into her chocolate ones.

“I want to be here Kade, I miss hanging with you,” Matt spoke honestly. They used to be inseparable but now it seemed they were rarely together. It was something that bugged Matt deeply. He hated it with a passion.

Kadence rolled her eyes and sighed and spoke not another word. She barely talked now. As they stood in silence, Matt just watched her and reminisced back to memories he shared with her. One in particular popped up. It was a moment when they were 16, before anything bad happened to her.

~~~~~~~~~

“Mattie, do you know what love is?” Kadence asked one day when they were sitting in a tree watching a sun set. It was something they did together, to relax. “I mean even though you are only 16?”

“I’d like to think I do,” Matt answered and chuckled, “If I didn’t, how would I know that I love you so fucking much?”

This brought the beautiful smile to Kadence’s face that Matt loved so much, but it turned into a giggle as she slapped him.

“ No silly! I mean like, being in love,”

“Yes I do,” he answered honestly. Matt had been in love with Kadence for awhile now. Not just because she was his best friend, but because she stood out to him. She did not put herself out for all the other guys, she kept to her self but was lively and confident at the same time. Matt loved that.

“You do? I want to know what it feels like,” Kadence told him, and turned to him more, swinging her leg over the tree branch so she could face him, “And there is this one person I want to teach me about being in love, but I don’t know how to tell him,”

Matt grinned, showing of his trademark dimples, he absolutely loved her shyness. It was something that made her, her, and made her so innocent like. Matt brought his finger and brushed it along nose and just smiled and shook his head.

“What?” Kadence giggled, “ You shouldn’t laugh at me it’s not nice!”

“Kade I’m laughing at your cuteness spare me a break,” Matt chuckled, “Who is this person you want to share your love with?”

“Well, he loves tattoos more then skin,” she smiled and blushed knowing that probably gave it away, “And he is so sweet, and has these dimples to die for,”

Matt smirked and leaned closer, “Go on,”

Kadence smile got bigger, “And his hazel eyes, make me want to get lost in them everyday,”

“Well this guy sounds so fucking amazing,” Matt chuckled, knowing full out it was him she was talking about, “But that’s okay, there is this girl with gorgeous brown eyes, and hair, and who is so innocent but confident, she is the person I’ve been in love with since we were 5,”

Matt pulled Kadence closer to her, and kissed her hair, waiting for what he said to click in to her.

“Me?” She grinned big, and giggled more and hugged him, “That makes me happy, because I meant you!”

“Well if it didn’t I’d be pretty upset, and I knew you meant me,” he chuckled, and took her hand in his, “So since we established we have feelings for each other, does this make us uh, boyfriend and girlfriend?”

“I think it does!” Kade said excitedly and leaned in a kissed Matt’s cheek, and pulled away in a blush. Matt just smiled and pulled her for a hug.

They sat in silence after that, but it was anything but awkward. They sat and basked in the ending of the sunset, and just enjoyed being there together. But as it ended Matt got down from the tree, and held his hand out to help Kadence down. This moment, both wished, it could last forever.

“Matt?” Kadence asked as Matt brought her to the step of her home.

“Yea?” He smiled and brought her into a hug, and kissed her forehead.

Show me how to love. Show me where to start.” She whispered, not quite sure in what to do besides hug Matt back.

“Well this could be a way to start,” Matt stated and leaned his head down and captured her lips in a passionate kiss. It slightly startled Kadence, this was her first kiss and all and she swore she seen fireworks. A few moments later, Matt pulled pack.

“That…was…wow,” was all Kadence could say, “Thank you,”

“You don’t need to thank me Kade, I was happy to show you, and I’d be happy to do it again,” Matt smiled and kissed her lips once more, “You better go, you know how your mother gets,”

“I know,” Kade frowned, and walked to her door, “Love you Mattie,”

“Love you too Kade,”


~~~~~~~~

Matt wanted nothing more then to have that day back, it was a day he loved and cherished. But their relationship ended shortly after high school and they went separate ways for awhile. Kadence did not want the hassle of a long distance relationship and did not want to hold Matt back as she went off to school. It broke Matt’s heart, but he soon forgave her. He needed her in his life, almost to much. Everyone he new, knew that he needed Kadence, but they always told him he could never bring her out of her shell. He wanted to prove them all wrong.

But the thing that upset him was the fact that when she was off at school is when everything went down hill for Kadence, and Matt was not there to stop it. She met a guy, he made her feel so special and so loved, but it was all a lie to make her fall in love with him so he could have her innocence. It crushed her. Crushed her even more then when her mother abused her, and burnt her during her childhood. The first year she came back home she was 23, but came home to realize not only her mother was gone but also her dad. Her dad was her best friend, besides Matt, they did everything together. She was daddy’s little girl, and he left without saying so much as a good bye. That was the last straw on her heart, and she closed up. Kadence never wanted the emotional pain again, and she planned on protecting herself.

Now they were 29, it had been 6 years of Kadence being like this and Matt hated it, he wanted the girl her knew when they were 16 back. He wanted his Kade back.

While he was deep in thought he realized Kadence slipped inside unnoticed. It was not an abnormal thing, she did many things unnoticed.

Matt started his walk into the house, but as he did an idea clicked. He was going to get the love of his life back, and he was now certain he new how to accomplish it. He found Kadence in the kitchen making herself some food, it made him smile softly and he walked to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Matt was actually surprised when she did not push him away, he was sure she would, but he was glad she didn’t.

“After you are done eating, I was wondering if you would come somewhere with me,” he spoke softly to her ear.

“Where?” Her monotone voice brought the frown back to Matt’s face. He should be used to not hearing life in her voice.

“It’s a surprise, you are just going to have to trust me,”

“Oh, I don’t know,” Kadence turned around in his arms, frowning, “I don’t know if I can,”

“It’s not like you are busy,” Matt noted, knowing he was right. She never did anything.

“Fine! I’ll go, but just for a little bit, I’m tired today,”

“Fine by me,” he kissed her forehead, another thing he missed doing, “I promise you will love it,”

~~~~~~~~~

The clock hit 8 o’clock and Matt dragged Kadence from her house. His plan was to take her to their tree to watch the sunset. She used to love it but they stopped when she went off to college. They walked in silence, and Matt just hoped it would work. This was the only thing he thought, that would bring his Kade back, or at least be a start to have her back.

As they walked along the beach Kadence turned to Matt and raised her brow, “What are we doing here?”

“You’ll see,” Matt gave her a dimpled smiled.

It wasn’t long after that when they approached their tree and Matt hopped up then extended his hand to offer Kadence his help.

A smile appeared on her face as she climbed up beside him, “We haven’t been here in ages Mattie,”

“I know, it’s been long overdue,”

Silence overtook them once again, but Matt at this point did not mind, he saw Kadence enjoy the view and that was enough to let Matt relax. He wrapped his arm around her and sigh, but kept his smile on. He enjoyed this moment, and yet again wished it could last forever.

“It’s more beautiful then I remember,” Kadence said softly.

“It’s beautiful like you,” Matt replied, not sure if she would be able to pick up on his quiet voice.

“I miss this,” she nodded and turned to Matt, “And I miss us, the old us, I just I don’t know how to trust or how to love anymore,”

“I know you don’t, but I want to help,” Matt told her and scooted closer to her, and cupped her face, “I want to, but you have to let me in here,” he touched her heart, “In order for me to,”

Kadence bite her lip and went deep into thought. She wanted to trust and love Matt, but the hardest thing to do was let him in. It was harder done then said. Truth was she hated herself for being closed off, but she did not know what else to do, she felt alone, and this was her way of protecting herself. But Matt has always been there for her, and has not yet gave up on her so she should be happy about that and able to let him in.

“I’ll try,” was all she could say and be honest with.

That was all Matt needed to hear for him to lean in and press his lips against hers. It felt amazing, he never wanted that to end. But it did when she pushed him back.

“I don’t know..” Kadence shook her head.

“Let me show you how to love and let me show you where to start,” Matt told her, remembering her words from so long ago.

“Mattie,” tears were now forming in her eyes, “You remember what I said!”

“Of course I remember,” he chuckled, “It was my favorite moment, I could never forget, it was a moment you put complete trust in me to show you everything I could to make you feel in love,”

“You showed me,” Kadence told him, “And I let you go,”

“You never let me go Kade, you just closed up,” Matt told her, “I will always be here. Always.”

Kadence wanted so badly to say I love you to Matt, but she was scared. Scared that one day he would still decide he did not need her, and he would leave for good. Kadence would never be able to handle that hurt.

“Okay, I know it will take time,” Matt spoke, “But I am going to regain your trust, and show you that I still love you, now even more,”

Kadence could only nod, as Matt’s lips found hers once again. She loved the feeling they gave her, the kiss made her feel all warm inside, something she was not used to anymore.

When Matt pulled back and cupped her face, “I. Love. You.”

Kadence smiled, a real smile this time, “I know you do. So…. “ she paused taking a deep breath, “ I want you to show me how to love, and show me where to start, again.”

They say that the greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do, Matt now believes that. He was going to accomplish getting his best friend and lover back to her old self, and prove everyone who ever told her could not differently.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy :D I enjoyed this, even if it is sappy.

Comments are welcomed and loved, I would LOVE to know what you think :)

xxKitten.