Dark Come Soon

A Smirk

Ramona wanted to forget what happened in Draco’s room. The best way for her to forget was through her music. She spent the night in her room. She didn’t get in trouble because no one noticed she was gone. She went back to the dormitory to get her uniform. On Monday morning she was in the Great Hall bright and early. It was so unlike her, but she didn’t want to risk running into Draco. She also had to catch up with her reading for some, well most of her classes. She practice a few spells for Transfiguration. By the time she was done, the Great Hall was full with students.

Draco was nowhere to be found and she was glad about that. The last thing she wanted was to see his smug smile. She was going to go on like nothing happened. She was still trying to understand what the hell came over her kissing him like that.

Ramona saw Alexandra and that’s when she grabbed her things to get away from the Slytherin table, but when she turned to walk away she bumped into someone. Her books dropped to the floor and the person she bumped into didn’t move to help her get the books. She looked up and met the gray eyes of Draco Malfoy. She saw the smug smirk on his lips, and she rolled her eyes. She picked up her books and walked away quickly.

She walked over to the Ravenclaw table and sat down next to her friend.

“Morning,” Ramona said with a smile. She couldn’t let the others know she was screaming in the inside.

“Buenos dias,” Alexandra said back. “What happened to you yesterday?”

Ramona shrugged a shoulder. “Nothing. I was in my room the rest of the day.”

“Yeah?”

“Mhm.”

“That’s all?”

“Yup.”

Alexandra raised an eyebrow. “Anything you want to talk about? Anything to do with Draco?”

Ramona looked over to her friend. “You saw me bump into him.”

“He bumped into you. He was waiting for you. What happened?”

“We kind of made out yesterday in his room,” Ramona whispered, and Alexandra’s eyes widened. “We didn’t do it.”

“What were you doing in his room anyway?” Alexandra asked.

Ramona sighed. “ I was doing some investigating for Harry. I’m the only one with access to his room. I didn’t find anything useful though.”

“Is that what has you shaken? So you made out with him. Why does it matter?”

“He’s the enemy! We’ve hated each other since we were little. His family are full of death eaters, and he might be one too.”

“I can see how that might complicate things.”

“Doesn’t matter. I’m making sure it never happens again. You are going to help me,” Ramona said to Alexandra.

“How am I going to help?”

“Every time I make out with him, slap me, hard,” Ramona said completely serious. “It might happen again because his lips are addicting and his dominance is a turn on.”

“And you’re just going to tell me when you kiss him?”

“I won’t be able to keep it from you, so remember, slap me.”

Alexandra drew her hand back and then slapped Ramona across the face. Everyone turned around to see what was going on. Ramona held her cheek with her hand. It burned, and it hurt, a lot.

“I meant next time it happens,” Ramona mumbled.

“You should be clearer next time then.”

**

Ramona went through the rest of the day, and she luckily there was a lot of work to do in the classes. She may come off as a slack, but she was into her studies. She was after all a Dumbledore. There was a lot of expectation from her. She lived up to them. She did well in her classes. She wasn’t like Hermione, but she was just under her. The studies were enough to get her mind of Draco. She did have classes with him, but he sat in the back, and he was rather quiet. She enjoyed that.

After all of her classes were done, she went with Alexandra, Ron, Hermione and Harry to have dinner together. Ramona noticed that Ron and Alexandra were getting closer, and she was happy about that. She told Harry that she didn’t find anything in Draco’s room, but some weird necklace.

“His drawer really opens when you say ‘fuck’?” Harry asked.

“Yes, it’s not the smartest password, honestly,” she said with a mouth full of smashed potatoes. “I could have thought of loads better. Like skank, whore, cunt, wanker, bitch, slut—“

“I get it,” Harry laughed. “I really thought he would have something in his room.”

“Whatever he’s hiding is only in the room of requirements. We need to find a way to get in there,” Ramona said, and then placed a hand on his shoulder. “How have you been? Still in love with Ginny?”

Harry shook his head. “I am not in love with her.”

“Aw come on, it’s natural. You’ve known her a long time.”

“I’ve known you longer,” he said. “You don’t say I’m in love with you.”

“Aw, honey, you can’t handle me.”

Harry rolled his eyes. “You’re right. You’re too much.”

Ramona smirked. She had fun with her friends, and when the time came to go back to her house, she dreaded it. She hugged all of her friends, and then headed to her house. She walked alone. She got to the front of the portrait and said the password. She hated the password, but it was the only way to get in. In the common room, there were a couple of people. All of them ignored her, and she went straight to her room. She did her homework there. She wished the muggle devices worked. She could use a little Santana while she did her homework.

When she was in the middle of writing an essay for one of her classes, someone walked inside of the room.

“The Headmaster wants you,” it was one of the new prefects of the house. Her name was Anne.

“All right, thanks,” Ramona said, and she put the things away. She headed out. She was happy her grandfather called her. She didn’t take long to reach the gargoyle, and she quickly said the password and the staircase appeared. She went up and then opened the door. Her grandfather was behind his desk with his half-moon glasses on. “Hey, you called for me?”

He smiled and held out his arms. She was almost a woman, but Ramona loved her grandfather dearly. She went over to him and basically jumped on his lap and wrapped her arms around him.

“I know we haven’t had our usual tea together during lunch. I’ve been busy, dear,” he said as he stroked her hair.

“It’s all right, grandpa. I understand. You’re saving the world.”

“I do what I do to keep you safe,” he said.

“To keep Harry safe,” she said with half a smile.

Dumbledore chuckled. “It’s mostly for you, Mona. You are my only family, and I’ll do anything to keep you safe.”

“Alex’s vision had something to do with Voldemort, didn’t it?”

“It does, a bit. I can’t say more until I figure out some things.”

Ramona looked down to his black hand. “Am I going to lose you?” she whispered softly and tears threatened to come down. “You’re all I have and you’re going out doing God knows what. Please stop. I need you.”

He only held her. He couldn’t tell her the truth, but he had a feeling she knew. It was why she was saying that. It hurt him more than she will ever know that he was going to leave her. But he knew she was strong enough to get over it.

“You’ll always have me near.”

“Ugh, I don’t mean spiritually, granddad! I mean physically,” she may sound like a brat, but she didn’t want to lose her family. “I don’t want to be alone.”

“You have many friends and you know they’re your family.”

Ramona got off his lap and then she straightened herself up. “I’ll see you around, yeah?”

She didn’t wait for him to say anything. She didn’t want him to see her cry so much. There was so much change going around, and she didn’t know how to deal with it. She walked fast down the hallways, and she bumped into someone when she made a turn. She looked up with a glare thinking it was Draco, but it was Andres, Alex’s father. She softened her look.

“Sorry,” she sniffled. “I didn’t look where I was going, sir.”

“It’s nothing,” he said with a small smile. “Are you all right? Do you need something?”

She shook her head. “I’m fine, sir. I just… it’s been tough a couple of months.”

“You faced He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, but it’s not just that. It’s the change that has me worried. The last time he was back the war lasted years. I don’t want to lose any more people,” she said softly. “I already lost my parents and now… now…” she didn’t want to say that she knew she was going to lose her grandfather. She didn’t know what to do, so she cried and Andres wrapped his arms around her.

He held her and said nothing else. She really wished she had a father like Andres, well she did. Her grandfather was her father, but he wasn’t the same anymore.

“Look, you need a distraction. How about you come to visit Alex’s grandmother and family this weekend? It’s going to be a surprise for her. I think she would like you to come. We’re leaving Friday and coming back Sunday,” he suggested. “You’ll get to see Los Angeles.”

Ramona nodded her head. “Yes, that’d be so freaking amazing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:

The Silver Snitch
fabulous_39
Morgan Massacre
noratheneurotic
avenging angel
hachie