Began as Friends

Chapter 14

DC is a small town, it was only a matter of time Jamie knew that she would be running into Mike again. Why didn't she just answer him? She felt the same way he felt about her. She ruined everything she thought to herself, everything would be different, nothing would be as it was, and it was all her fau-

"Hello, cheese or pepperoni?" Josie piped in interrupting her thoughts.

"Pardon?"

"Cheese... or PEPPERONI, I swear I have said this four times, get your head out of your own, uh, head and order with me," Josie snapped.

"Ay, ok, cheese please," Jaime answered promptly.

The two waited at the table for their lunch to be served.

"Ok, so you choked, big time, but Mike will get over it," Josie began, "and when he does, I am sure he will ask you again, and this time know your answer."

"I know, I know the answer now, 'Yes Mike, I have feelings for you' see? Easy," Jamie finished.

"Yeah easy until he is staring at you with his big brown eyes, pouty lips, and strong jaw..." Josie trails off.

"Uh, do you want to tell him how YOU feel about him too or something?" Jamie asked with a smile creeping onto her face.

Josie shook her head and looked back at Jamie, "there's the smile," she said scrunching her nose and poking Jamie in the shoulder.

And as soon as it came it disappeared.

"I swear this town is as small as our high school," Jamie said ducking her head.

Josie peered to the right of them and saw not only Mike, but three of his buddies, as well as Brooks, Nicky, and Alex.

"I swear on my life if Alex saw me he will begin to scr-"

"JUUUUSHA, JUUUUSHA, hallo!" Alex yelled from across the street.

"Aaaaah, the discreetness that is Alexander Ovechkin is," Jamie muttered in her best Russian accent.

Jamie leaned over the open window and waved a hello back. She glanced at Mike who turned his head promptly and continued down the road.

Alex waved the girls over and they forgot their lunch and met him across the street.

"Hey big guy," Josie said giving Alex a hug.

"Come shop with us yeah?" Alex asked them.

"Why not?" Jamie answered and the two followed him into the next store.

"I hear you and Mike have fight," Alex began asking Jamie.

"Well I might have screwed up a little Alex..." Jamie trailed off and began picking apart the ties on a rack near them.

Jamie picked one up and held it up to Alex when he took her hand, "Jamie, tell Mike you feel him. He feel you the same, but you have to tell it or he stay sad."

Alex might have missed a few words here and there, but Jamie knew what he meant, and knew it was the only way to get him back.

Jamie caught Mike entering a changing room a few seconds earlier and gave Alex a wink before winding her way to the back of the store. She knocked on the door Mike had gone in and when hearing a reply she stepped away. Mike soon stepped out grabbing another pair of jeans and Jamie snuck her way in.

It wasn't those small changing rooms either, there was a small bench, plenty of standing room, and Mikes garments strewn across the floor space.

Jamie sat down waiting for Mike to return.

Mike walked into the changing room and jumped back when he saw Jamie sitting behind him.

"Jamie, really?" Mike said with a tone of anger.

"Listen to me," Jamie began.

"What, like I listened so closely last night to you when you had nothing to say?" Mike answered.

"No, Mi-"

"No, Jamie," Mike said cutting her off. Mike turned away from her and reached out for the door. Jamie grabbed his arm and stuck her hand into his.

"Please, give me another chance," Jamie begged now holding his hand tightly.

"What was I supposed to say? I was scared, you were with a gorgeous girl and I was nervous, what if I tell you how I feel and for a couple months things are great, until you meet another gorgeous girl and my heart is broken," Jamie began, "I can't do that Mike, I am too insecure to date someone every other girl wants to be dating."

"Then let me be your confidence," Mike said letting the tenseness in his shoulders subside.

"Can you ask me again?" Jamie said.

Mike let go of her hand and cupped her face in his hands, slowly Mike lifted her chin and gently placed his lips on her slightly tilting his head to the right.

It was a soft kissed, unforced, and touching.

When Mike pulled away he looked at Jamie and said, "Tell me you don't feel it too..."

"I feel it, just like you," Jamie answered.

Mike's goofy smile spread across his face and he lifted Jamie into his arms quickly and spun her around in the dressing room.

He kissed her again, and again, and again.

"Let me down you silly boy," Jamie said.

"Fine, but it doesn't mean I want to." Mike answered her as he lowered her.
♠ ♠ ♠
It has been nearly a year, so sorry. But back now.