Began as Friends

Chapter 9

Jaime woke up suddenly taking in a deep breath and blinking her eyes open quickly. She felt a man's heavy hand on her lower back and heard breathing coming from behind her. Before Jaime could wish herself out of the situation she felt the man behind her stir. She immediately held her breath and closed her eyes. She felt him lift his hand and turn over remaining fast asleep. She let out a low breath and shimmied her way to the edge of the large bed. Putting her right foot on the ground first she rolled the rest of her body out of the bed.

Looking down she realized she was completely nude and saw her bra and panties at the edge of the bed on the floor. She bent down to get them hitting her already throbbing head on the post on the way down.

"Shit," she whispered hoping the man sleeping wouldn't hear her.

Jaime didn't need a a minute, a coffee, or a good nights sleep to help her remember what had happened. She knew everything that happened the night before from finding Mike in the bathroom all over a girl to sleeping with Alex Ovechkin, Mikes's team mate and good friend. What had she gotten herself into she thought.

Jaime pulled on her strapless dress and one of Alex's t-shirts from the hamper over her top. She grabbed her clutch and heels from the room Alex previously dropped her off in and slipped out the front door. She hung a right out his house while seeing the sun was coming up.

Jaime's phone was blinking with missed calls, missed texts, and probably an email or two selling her something she didn't need.

"Fuck," she said aloud.

She rummaged around in her clutch pulling out two one dollar bills and crossed the street to the nearest bus stop.

"I completely deserve this humiliation," she said as she climbed onto the bus smiling at the bus driver.

Luckily it was early in the morning and few people boarded the bus.

After reaching her apartment she nearly ran up the stairs not bothering to wait for the elevator and tip toed into her apartment. She was nearly at her room when Josie came in between her and the door. She looked as though she had been waiting for her.

"Hey asshole," Josie said.

"Hey," Jaime whispered back.

"You, me, living room, now."

"Come on, let me change."

"No, I find this amusing, you sitting in one of Alex's shirts with your heels in your hand," Josie said trying to keep a straight face.

"Come on Josie," Jaime pleaded.

Josie rolled her eyes and turned to the living room.

Jaime ran into her room threw her heels in the closet and ripped off Alex's shirt along with the dress she still had on. She pulled on boxers and a sweater and slowly walked out to the living room while pulling her long blonde messy hair into a bun that sat right on top of her head.

"You were a complete mess last night Jame, I mean to the point where I was done with you."

"I know, alright I know. I was too drunk to begin with and seeing Mike, I should not have yelled at you," she said.

"Well, explain whatsup."

"I saw Mike with another girl after you told me to 'go get him.' He was all over this girl in the bathroom and I ran out crying. After seeing you I was just angry and wanted to forget what happened."

"Jame, I'm sorry. If it means anything Brooks made a scene after he found out what Mike did and punched him square in the face, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a black eye today."

"Shit, Bruce will kill Brooks."

"Whatever, go on," Josie insisted.

"Well the rest, the rest you saw. I drank more and Alex took me home. He put me in his guest room and I slept and-"

"Oh good, Jaime I was worried you slept with him, thank go-"

"Well maybe if you didn't cut me off you would know that I slept and then woke up still drunk and made my way to Alex's room."

"Tell me he put you back in bed," Josie said.

"Yeah, Alex saw me standing in nothing but underwear and a thong, he ushered me back to the guest room... ARE YOU KIDDING JOSIE, do you know Alex? We fucked alright, fucked like we hadn't had sex in years."

"Well, ever since you became, you know, he hasn't taken his eyes off of you babe."

"I do not care, I screwed up big time. I like Mike Josie, a lot, clearly he doesn't but still I screwed up with Alex on this one."

"Mike does like you stupid, he screwed up also, give him a chance alright."

"I don't know."

"Well figure it out, we're going to an event tonight and you're Brooks' date."

"What is it?" Jaime asked.

"Some charity gala, all the guys need a date, and Brooks asked me to ask you, or tell you," she said.

"Only because it's Brooks."

"Good, because we're going dress shopping later this afternoon in Georgetown."

Later that morning Jaime called Brooks.

"Hello," Brooks said.

"Hey, I'll be your date tough guy," Jamie said.

"Yeah, tough guy over here I know."

"I'm sorry Brooks."

"I would say don't be, but if you and Mike weren't such idiots then maybe I wouldn't have to worry about either one of you."

"I know, and I'm sorry, I'll be on my best behavior tonight," she said.

"Promise kid."

"Promise."