Status: I'm slowly getting there, please bare with me!

We're Young and in Love

Chapter 14

“C'mon Jimmy, its not that bad” Brian said, holding the cigarette out.
“I dunno Bri, my Mom would kill me if she found it” I mumbled, staring at the cigarette.
“Just a little puff, she'll never know” Brian encouraged.
“Fine, whatever” I snapped, snatching the cigarette out of Brian's hand.
I quickly took a drag of it, deciding it wasn't too bad, I took another.
“Okay... its not that bad” I admitted.
Brian grinned, “Welcome to the dark side”
I laughed, “Have you got any more?”
Brian smirked and pulled a battered looking packet of Marlboros out of his pocket, “I stole them from Brent”
We finished the packet together, laughing and joking the whole time.
I checked his watch and realised that I needed to be home. To hide the scent of the smoke, Brian sprayed me with a load of deodorant, making me choke, and gave me some strong smelling gum.
We walked to the edge of the park together before we had to go our separate ways.
I got home and opened the front door.
Or not. It was locked. Annoyed, I started to furiously knock on the door.
There was no answer so I opened the letterbox, “Mom? Dad? Kelly? Katie?” I shouted into it.
Still no answer.
Confused, and a little worried, I went over to Matt's house.
I knocked on the door, not caring that she was gonna scream at me.
Matt's Mom opened the door, “What do you want?” she sighed, putting enormous emphasis on the word you, like it was a curse.
“I was just wondering if you knew where my Mom went” I said politely.
“No I can't say I do” she answered, glancing over at my house, “Is there no one in?”
“No... I was just wondering if you knew, I'll go wait” I smiled, starting to walk back over to the house.
I sat on the front steps for what seemed like forever, it was getting dark and cold and all I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
I wrapped my arms around myself and shivered a bit.
Where the hell were they?
I was gonna be well annoyed when they got home.
Matt came out then with one of his jumpers, “Mom said you can come in of you want”
“No its okay, she hates me being in the house” I murmured.
“If your gonna be like that, here” Matt smiled, holding out his jumper. I thanked him and pulled it over my head. I was taller than Matt but he was wider than me, so the bloody thing was huge, I was completely swamped.
I started to laugh then, thinking what Johnny would look like in it, it would be hilarious.
Matt sat with me for a bit, then his Mom called him in for dinner.
Not long after that, my Dad's car pulled up in the driveway. I stood up and stared to walk towards it, ready to give them a piece of my mind, but stopped when I saw the expression on my Mom's face.
“Where were you guys?” I asked softly.
Mom burst into tears and walked into the house.
I looked at my Dad, “What's going on?” I asked.
Dad took a deep breath in, “Kelly tried to kill herself, she took the rest of the painkillers you got from the hospital and nearly died”
I felt numb, “Is she okay?” I whispered.
“Yes, they managed to save her but it was so close Jimmy” Dad mumbled, running his hand through his hair.
I felt bad then, for bitching in my head.
I went into the house with Dad, “Where's Katie?” I asked.
“With Grandma, we were going to get you but we didn't know where you went” Dad explained, I wasn't going to tell him either. Smoking in the park with Brian when my sister almost doed in the hospital didn't seem like something I should admit right now.
I sat on the sofa next to Mom, who was sobbing into a tissue, and gave her a hug.
“Its okay Mom” I mumbled.
She gave me a watery smile, “I know Jimmy but I was so worried”
“I'm gonna kill that Richard kid, I can tell you that, this is all his fault” I grumbled.
“Imagine how angry God would be that you committed murder” she answered.
“Yeah... but I'm sure he would excuse me this one time” I replied.
Mom gave a small chuckle, I felt better that I had made her laugh. “Your such a clown James” she smiled, ruffling my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you SpencerG for commenting :P
what do you guys think?
P.S do me a favour and check out my new story Bulletproof Loneliness
which is a Jimmy Father Fic. I haven't had any love for it yet... so yeah :/