Status: I'm slowly getting there, please bare with me!

We're Young and in Love

Chapter 3

Me and Skye decided to take turns after school going to each others houses. My house was first, much to my protesting.
When we got home I asked Skye kindly to wait downstairs while I ran upstairs to quickly clean my room. There was so much junk on the floor that I decided to just throw it all in Kelly's room, she had netball practice and then she was going out with her friends, so she wouldn't be back until at least nine.
When I got back down, Mom was harassing her. “Mom what are you doing?” I asked in a strained voice.
“You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend Jimmy!” she gushed.
“We are going to do homework Mom” I replied, my face going furiously red.
“I'm sure you are, that's what me and your Dad told our parents when...” she started.
Feeling that this was going to turn into an embarrassing story, I decided to interrupt “Please Mom!” I shouted dragging Skye upstairs. I could hear Mom chuckling and she shouted “I'll make you both a snack!”
I pulled Skye, who was giggling, into my room. I quickly closed the door. “Sorry about her” I apologised.
“Don’t be sorry, she obviously loves you” she replied.
“But she's so freaking embarrassing!” I answered.
“Well, let's get on with this work” Skye said, pulling out her notebook and a huge book.
About 10 minutes later, Mom came in with a bowl of chips and two drinks, she had opened the door quickly, like she was expecting to catch us making out on the bed, but I think she was just as surprised, if not more, to find me actually doing work.
“Are you two having fun?” Mom asked.
“Well, we're doing homework, so no” I replied quietly while reading the huge book and making notes.
“Thank you for the snack, Mrs. Sullivan” Skye said polity.
“Please call me Barb” Mom replied, smiling insanely.
I looked at Mom like Please get out now, she smiled and went out.
“Jimmy, do you think you could make your writing more readable, I'm struggling to decipher it a little” Skye asked polity.
“I'll try, but I can't promise anything” I smiled.
She smiled back, for about five minutes we both just grinned at each other.
Skye looked down, going slightly pink. I went back to work, I didn't want to make her any more uncomfortable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please <3