Status: Active!! (Just finished editing)

Where's Warren?

Driving Me Insane

I didn't know what to do as I stared at the man I'd came to know as Warren's father. He only stared too, his mouth attempting to form words but it was as if he knew nothing he could have said would have saved him. Or at least save my image of the perfect father/husband/business man I'd had in my head when I thought of Warren's dad.

“Daisy...what are you doing here.”

When he finally spoke, I was startled. His tone was so harsh, it was almost as though I was the only cheating on my wife.

I wouldn't let him put me in the wrong. “What are you doing here?”I countered.

He narrowed his eyes at me briefly, before he turned and whispered something to the red head. She smiled, kissed his cheek and walked away. He winced away from her lips as if they were burning his skin.

“You're underaged.”

“You're married.”

“I'm a grown man-”

“You're a married man.”

“-I can do whatever the fuck I want!”

“Do you even care that your son is missing?!”

He only looked me at. Indifference and anger flashed through his eyes. Regardless, I continued.

“You were never there for him, how could I have expected you to care?”

“I loved my son.”

“Loved? You don't love him anymore??”

“He's my son-”

“He's missing!”

“Shut up!” He yelled, his fist clenched. I did. “My son is my life, but that woman is driving me insane!”

“Mrs-”

“That witch I married.”He finished.

I glared at him. “Your wife is an amazing woman, Mr. O'Kain.”

“You don't know the half of it.”

There was silence between us. He ran his hand through his blond hair, and closed his eyes. I looked around. The redhead had disappeared a long time ago by then. People were staring at us, probably from our heated yelling match.

“You don't understand, Daisy. I wouldn't expect you to. I just...I could explain it to you but I guarantee it'd basically be trashing our families. I don't want to change your views on anyone.”

“You sure as hell changed my views on you!”I rolled my eyes.

Mr. O'Kain didn't say anything for a long time. I didn't know if I expected him to, all I knew was that it was getting late and my mother probably would have been home by then. It was only a matter of time before she decided to peek into my bedroom.

“I'll drive you home, Daisy. I can try to explain things but...I can promise it's not pretty.”

The air in the car was tense. I watched the lights from the inside of the warmed car as Mr. O'Kain drove out of The Strip. He kept his eyes straight ahead. They stared blankly through the windshield, as if they were reliving millions and millions of memories.

“My wife...is a character. She's very interesting. She isn't the woman I fell in love with.” I turned and looked at Mr. O'Kain as he talked. The night cast a dark blue onto his face, only adding to my nerves. He looked like a mental patient, unable to figure out to do with his self.

I squirmed uncomfortably.

“On more then one occasional, I caught her doing things I never thought she'd do in a million years. I didn't want to think that she could do those things, that she was my angel, but she wasn't and she did do those things and it hurts, Daisy. It hurts so much.”

Instead of inserting my opinion or question, I just listened.

“For over 20 years, I'd spent my life with not only my wife, but your parents too. We'd been the best of friends all through middle and high school.” He paused, sitting back in his seat at a red light. “But there was a time that I wasn't with Tish.”

“Tish?”I questioned quietly.

“My wife. Tish Sampson.” He looked over at me, as if asking if I understood. When I nodded, he turned his attention back onto the road.

“There was a time when none of us were with anyone. We were just four friends, making it a day at a time. There was Tish: the free spirited one, Dale-your father-: the dare devil, me: the quiet one...then there was Lilianna Hanson.”

The way he said my mother's name made me lean closer, intrigued.

“We'd met Lily at a party. She danced with me and I'd introduced her to the rest. She was easy to make friends with, easy to have fun with, and even though she was a bit of a push over; she was easy to love. I fell in love with Lily, and we dated.”

I almost gasped. Warren's father had dated my mom? We could have possibly been relatives! I didn't know how to feel about this newly found information but I did know that being relatives with Warren didn't sound right. I was more than happy that didn't work out.

“Then there was the Reese incident...”His voice trailed off, and Mr. O'Kain chocked on his own words. He seemed to be fighting tears, more for my sake then his. Then, he stepped on the gas harder, pressing me against the car seat. I looked over at him in confusion. Had this man lost it?? He could kill us!

“I couldn't handle it...we couldn't handle it.” He gritted his teeth, knuckles tightening on the steering wheel. “We drifted apart. But god, I regret that day every fucking day I spent with Tish. The only reason I stayed was for my boy, my Warren.”

I was unable to speak, grasping parts of the car for stability and letting out yelps when he made too sudden sharp turns and threw me into the door or his side. Mr. O'Kain didn't seem to notice, he seemed lost in his own world.

Tears gathered in my eyes as we sped faster and faster down the road. I shouldn't have ever left the house tonight, I shouldn't have went to The Strip, I shouldn't have taken Mr. O'Kain up on his offer of the ride. If I hadn't have done these things, I wouldn't have been in that position. I looked around the small car as it seemed to close in on me. Panic rose in my body and the tears flew freely down my cheeks.

I couldn't have helped the sobs that escaped my throat at we increased speed. I was certain we were near 90 miles per hour when I spotted something bright down the road through my blurry vision. I wiped my eyes the best I could, but I couldn't catch what it was. I pawed at my eyes, and was able to see clearly.

It was a truck! And it was so close!

I jumped, my pulse increased. I attempted to undo my seat belt, but it proved to be a challenge due to my clammy hands. I hit at Mr. O'Kain's arm and yelled at him. I attempted to pull my feet over to slam on the breaks but my seat belt restricted me from doing so.

I finally let out a frustrated scream and pulled at my hair, feeling utterly helpless. I was going to die, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. The truck was now only almost 30 feet away.

I gave up, surrendering to screaming and covering my face with my hands and pulling my knees up to my chest. I waited for the impact. I waited to die, but it didn't happen.

Instead, we swerved and a loud snap followed by a horn sounded

I removed my hands from my face and looked at Mr. O'Kain. He didn't say anything, didn't do a thing. Looking down, I found the source of the snap.

The rear view mirror on his side had been pulled off, no doubt by the large 8 wheeler.

Even when Mr. O'Kain did slow down, I couldn't stop the flow of tears. They consumed me, overtook all my emotions. Neither of us said anything the rest of the ride, and the only sound was my weeping; with my knees pulled up to my chest and my forehead on my knees.

It wasn't long before he slammed on the brakes, and I was thrown forward. The seat belt held onto me, restricting me from launching through the wind shield. This man is crazier then Ellen!

“We're at your house.”

I looked out my window, blowing in relief when I saw my home. It looked wayy more comfy then it did before I left. Maybe it's because I was sure I almost died tonight. Twice.

I scurried out the car and up my front steps without a second thought. I fumbled with my keys in the dark, taking seconds to wipe away the tears away, until I was able to unlock the door. As soon as I opened it, Mr. O'Kain beeped and pulled away, as if this was any ordinary night.

It was anything but.

I closed the door behind myself and threw my body onto the couch, wrapping my arms around my stomach and continued crying. I cried until I was sure I was as red as I tomato, I cried until it hurt. I cried until I was sick, and ended up rushing into the kitchen to puke into the sink. I even dry heaved after. With a massive headache, my throat burning, my body worn and my heart feeling as though it would fail, I sunk to the floor and leaned my head against the cabinets.

I didn't think I could take any more of these crazy people in my life. I didn't think I could take anymore of Warren's disappearance. I was contemplating running away. Hopefully I could have found Warren and we'd stay away together. We'd start a new life in a new state or city.

It all sounded wonderful, but I couldn't even handle the thought of Warren. My heart couldn't take it.

I couldn't even get up. I just stared at the roof with blurry vision until I fell asleep sometime after my body began to shut down, maybe from exhaustion, maybe it was just giving up.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you've probably noticed, the title was a little lame pun by yours truely xD I hope you guys like this chapter!

Funny tidbit: I can easily imagine what Ellen Mae and Warren looks like, yet I haven't managed to imagine what Daisy will look like! I've attempted to give her a specific face or hair and eye color yet I believe I've failed >.<

So help me out? Tell me how you see the characters in the comments!