Status: Active!! (Just finished editing)

Where's Warren?

Leveling Up

The next morning, I woke up by being shook.

“Daisy...Daisy!” A deep voice called, followed by a few light slaps to both my cheeks.

I groaned and squirmed, turning my head from side to side in hopes that the person would have stopped slapping me.

They did.

Instead, they pulled me into a sitting position, and then pulled my face to rest against their chest, whispering how they were worried about me. I didn't respond, didn't even open my eyes. I was too exhausted, and my body wouldn't allow. So, I lay limply against their chest and allowed them to coax me.

I assumed the person was my father, since it sounded so much like him. But when the person began to kiss my forehead, my body awoke with alarm. It'd been so long since my father and I agreed that we wouldn't do that anymore, that he'd probably forgotten about the loving gesture.

I pulled my eye lids apart and looked up at the person. The light from the sun blinded me instantly, but I refused to close my eyes once more. The person leaned me back against the drawer and kissed my forehead and cheeks. Only when my head hit the drawer handle and caused an teeth grinding headache did I close my eyes. Through the pain, I could hear them stand up, dust off their pants and walk away.

I murmured the name that had been lingering on my tongue. Warren.

The footsteps stopped, and my stomach lurched. Was Warren there? Was he about to walk away from me?? The thought almost made me cry.

Heavy footsteps, hurried and with a purpose sounded throughout the house. They led straight to me. A person bent down and leaned in close. I could feel their breath on my ear; it frightened me to no end.

“You made it past level one, princess. Keep playing.”

A cold chill ran down my spine. I froze immediately, not knowing what to do anymore. The game? The one Warren lost? What sick game was this??

“Tell the police and you lose.” The person chuckled and pulled away. Their footsteps echoed through the empty house as they retreated out of the room. I faintly heard the front door opening then closing. Silence.

Silence was all that I was left with.

I allowed my body to fully awaken before I slowly hauled myself into a standing position. I leaned against the sink for support.

I made it past level 1...Warren was here? Had Ellen been serious about this game? Would the game have lead me to Warren, if I won? What would have happened if I lost? Would I have disappeared like Warren? What had I done to make it past level 1??

Millions of questions jumbled in my mind, and I couldn't bear to answer them in my state. I was weak, even too weak to have clearly seen the person that freely walked in and out of my house. They must have known that, or else they wouldn't have done what they did. Or would they?

I found myself, battered, bruised and exhausted, slowly getting this game even though I just recently found out about it.

I had to play this game to get Warren back. I had to do what someone wanted me to, or else I would probably lose him forever. There wasn't any telling what was at stake at the moment, but I didn't want to risk it. I just wanted Warren back. I just wanted my life to go back to normal, but apparently that was too hard to ask.

I tilted my head towards the roof and closed my eyes, conjuring my happiest moments with Warren.

They didn't tell me how much time I had; therefore I could take as much time as I could 'playing this game' right?

There's no reset button to try to save their life. It's over. They're gone. There's no bringing them back Daisy.

I growled and opened my eyes as Warren's face warped into Ellen Mae's, her shrill, high pitched voice replacing his deep, soothing one. Even in my mind, I couldn't get one moment with Warren. It was like I wasn't allowed to think about him.

Sighing, I pulled off my jacket, shoes and pants and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I think that was all I could handle for the day. I couldn't possibility have went to school after almost dying the night before. Plus, after my episode the night before, I didn't think I could have handled learning. Or seeing Ellen Mae and listening to her riddles. No, I needed rest.

As I walked—no, crawled—up the stairs, my mind reminded me of this 'Reese incident'. I didn't think it had any relevance to Warren's case, but maybe this could have given me a better understanding of Warren's home life. I'd only seen what they let me see, and I believed they were a perfect family. But last night proved to me that they were anything but perfect. Tish did something that Mr. O'Kain really didn't like, he was cheating (and probably had some mental issues of his own), something is obviously driving their family apart and poor Warren was stuck in the middle.

I felt for Warren, I really did. He was under so much pressure, and I was sure the tension in the O'Kain house was horrible. But...why didn't he just tell me all this? I was sure he already knew.

Warren, my Warren, kept something from me...

Little did I know at the moment, that wasn't all that Warren was keeping from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooo sorry guys!! I haven't had time to update at all :( School and me being sick has gotten in the way, alone with my internet being spazzy. I didn't forget about you guys!

{P.S. This is kinda unedited so tell me of I messed anything up!!}

comment? :)