Status: Pretty much active for now. :)

Underwater Calls

Chapter Eleven.

That night, as everyone feasted on the dinner in the Great Hall, Malfoy spent his time in the Room of Requirements, searching through the hidden things that the room stored. He had been spending time in that room again since last year, as everything had failed that was supposed to go to plan. For Dumbledore’s death had not been from his hands, and the punishment him and his family had endured being second. Draco hadn’t been able to restore his family’s reputation, but now, with this task that he had received from the Dark Lord, he was hoping to at least gain trust back for his family.
But his mind kept wondering to Laura Moon, who seemed to be stuck there like a thorn.
He didn’t know what it was about her, he thought disgustedly. He had never been bothered or so aware of her existence before – she was only another Slytherin, one who didn’t deserve to be called that, no matter how pure her blood was. Because her family were not only pure-blooded, but they were the purest and the most respected amongst the Wizarding world. They didn’t feel the need to take sides; they neither turned to Voldemort or the Chosen One. They merely existed by providing the Wizarding world with their fortune and helping both wizards and Muggles everywhere.
Oh yeah, her family were the pillars of their community. And their behaviour didn’t cause resentment, but made everyone keen on gaining their respect.
And Laura had never been boastful about their reputation, nor made anyone aware of it. She merely did what students in Hogwarts were supposed to do – kept to herself and made it through her studies with excellent grades.
He overturned a bowl and hissed as it crashed to the floor. Shaking his head, he tried to clear the thoughts that had gathered there again without his consent. Which was happening a lot now, he thought. He was thinking and analysing Laura Moon way too much than he liked, and he never did that about anyone. Not even himself.
He knew it was since that damned kiss that she had made her way into his existence. Before, he wouldn’t pay attention to her or make a snide remark.
Yet yesterday night, he had watched her sleep, feeling peaceful in her unaware state.
He realised at that moment that he wanted Laura Moon. Setting his jaw, he stood up and breathed deeply. If he had her, maybe then she would be out his system.
“And by God, Im going to get you out my system, even if it kills me.”

Laura, Rosabella and Siobhan sat by the lake, doing their assignments and chattering away, oblivious to anything else. They had music playing from the radio that Laura owned, something slow and calm, suiting the mood.
“Guys… what do you think of Blaise Zambini?” Rosabella suddenly blurted, making Siobhan curse as her hand skidded on the parchment and spread ink. Laura’s head snapped up, looking at her best friend as she tried to avoid eye contact with both of them.
“Oh Lord Siobhan, let me fix that up before it stains right in,” Rosabella scolded, pulling the parchment out of Siobhan’s hand and muttering under her breath, making the ink splotches disappear.
“Wait, you think you can just drop something like that and just carry on?” Siobhan said, grabbing her parchment back. Laura just watched the events fold out, knowing that when Rosabella wanted to speak, she would. There was never a way of rushing Rosabella.
“I was merely asking. He’s been talking to me quite a lot these last few days… and you guys know I’ve always had a thing for him, I mean, he is rather gorgeous,” she stated, getting up then dropping down onto her stomach, her head in her hands as she read over her assignment to make sure everything was spot perfect.
“He is gorgeous Rosabella, we know that. But we also know that if you’re asking for our opinions on him, then you must like him more than his gorgeous looks,” Siobhan said, rolling her eyes. Laura waited for Rosabella’s response, as she was patient, unlike Siobhan. There wasn’t a patient bone in Siobhan’s body. And Laura wasn’t panicking about it, because Blaise was like a brother to her. She knew that if anyone was to treat Laura right, it would be Blaise Zambini.
The thought of her best friend and a close friend of hers together was rather… cute.
“Laura?” Rosabella asked, looking for help. She knew that Laura and Blaise were rather close, and if Laura didn’t approve or think it was a wise idea to approach, she would stop it immediately. Her two best friends were her family, and their opinions meant the world to her.
“Go for it – if anyone in this place deserves to have a shot with you, it’s him. He’s really lovely Rosabella, once you get to properly know him. He won’t hurt you,” she reassured her best friend, and Siobhan squealed with excitement.
“Well, who would have known? The first person to have a romance this year is Rosabella, who don’t even like them,” she joked, making the three of them laugh.
“So, Laura – whats been up with you and Draco?” Siobhan said, grinning slyly and raising an eyebrow. It was Siobhan’s trademark look, the raised eyebrow. The look that she used to get fresh gossip out of everyone. Laura rolled her eyes before shaking her head, and carried on with her essay.
“Nothing has been up with me and Malfoy – and don’t get your hopes up too high, nothing is going to happen.”
Siobhan turned to look at Rosabella, who at the same time turned to look at Siobhan. They had both found out sources that they had seen Laura and Draco in the Common room at early hours in the morning. Both girls wanted to know what had happened.
“Well, if you spend most of your night with him down at the Common room, with a fire and a blanket, I think that counts for something,” Siobhan dropped it on Laura, who scrunched her face up with disgust.
“Look, nothing happened. He happened to be there when I was, and we just kept the fire going so we didn’t freeze. You do forget that we are at subzero levels in the castle” she said smartly, picking up her quill to carry on with her essay. Siobhan scoffed and made Laura look up at her sharply.
“I don’t know what’s running through your mind, Siobhan, but you better spill it now,” Laura said, knowing that there was a lot unsaid between them at the moment. She knew her best friends like she knew every line inside her palm.
“It’s quite obvious that this year is going to be different. You and Draco might be trying to act like you two don’t bother each other, but its quite obvious you do. You’ve become so flustered by him, and whenever he is around you, he is either watching you or watching anyone that is watching you. I don’t take that as nothing is going on with Draco Malfoy – I take that as you both are beating around the bush about each other,” she said smartly, shrugging her shoulders and she told her friend exactly what she thought of the situation. Rosabella smartly decided not to speak out – because if she told Siobhan that for once, she made perfect sense and she agreed with her, Laura would quite clearly have a heart attack. The look on her face indicated as much.
Furious, Laura stood up, letting her parchment and ink drop to the lush grass surrounding the Great Lake.
“It’s easy for you guys to just assume and make guesses on the situation. Yeah, I kissed Malfoy back when he put moves on me. Yeah, I feel the tug that I didn’t feel before. Yeah, Im shocked and baffled and damn right angry at the changes in his typical behaviour and his sudden interest to be around me. Even if I did like Draco fucking Malfoy, I won’t pursue for the sheer fact that he is a Death Eater. He doesn’t make it a secret, does he?” she said bitterly, hands stuck in her glorious mane of gold and caramel, “He is on the path alongside your brother, Siobhan. His family, unlike yours, loves the fact that he is a Death Eater. Do you really think I will associate myself with one when you clearly know my views on it?”
Siobhan stared at her best friend, her face poker straight, expressing nothing. She knew exactly what her best friend was saying. But she didn’t know that there were storms erupting inside Laura. She didn’t just ‘feel the tug’. Siobhan knew at that moment that her best friend was in love with Draco Malfoy.
She just didn’t know it yet.
Siobhan stood up, gathering her stuff. Her best friends watched her, bewildered that she didn’t have a say to what Laura had just let loose of.
“Well, come on then. I want to go inside before I freeze my ass off.”
And with that, she swung her hair over her shoulder, walking towards the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooooh, another one!

I really do like this story :D Got some kinda slow vibe to it xD

Comments? :)