Status: Pretty much active for now. :)

Underwater Calls

Chapter Two.

She didn’t know what made her blurt it out, but once she did, she knew there was no way back. It was either now or never, and as she watched her best friend’s expressions, she knew that it was the wisest too, to tell them while they were on the train and not in public. Rosabella’s mouth fell into a perfect ‘O’, and Laura would have found it comical if it hadn’t been over what it was. Siobhan’s eyes narrowed, her mouth moving, as if she couldn’t comprehend the issue.
Hell, Laura herself hadn’t managed to comprehend the issue herself, and it had been two weeks since it had happened.
“Please tell me that it isn’t April’s Fools?” Rosabella said, and Laura gave an unexpected laugh. Her smartest friend seemed to have forgotten that term started in September.
“No, Rosa; Draco Malfoy kissed me during the summer holidays, which consists the months of July and August,” Laura retorted smartly, which earned her a sneer from Rosabella.
“How the hell did he manage to do that?”
But before Laura could answer, their compartment door slid open, and they all turned to face who the intruder was. Laura was glad for the distraction, as she honestly didn’t know how to begin her story. However, Siobhan and Rosabella both had frowns on their faces, looking up to see who had disturbed their time to begin interrogating such an interesting matter.
But the relief that had washed over Laura soon disappeared as she saw who was standing outside their compartment.
“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the beautiful Crimson,” Draco Malfoy said, smirking at Siobhan, “and her two best friends, Moon-pie and Willow.”
Malfoy made sure that he insulted Laura, giving her an indifferent look and paying close attention to Siobhan. Of course, the trio were in his own house, but he didn’t think that he could keep his calm if he stared at Laura for too long. Either he would snap and insult her, or break apart and pull her to an empty compartment on the train, lock the door and do unimaginable –
He stopped the thoughts running through his head.
“And what can I do for you, oh-so-handsome Malfoy?” Siobhan flirted right back, making sure to act as she was supposed to. Because even though Laura’s words had left her speechless, she wouldn’t let Malfoy catch on that just a few moments ago, they were talking about his lips making connection with her best friends. Even though they had a tie through their families, who were close despite their opposing views on the Dark War, they both hated each other with a passion. She smirked slightly as she thought of just how passionate that passion of hatred must have been while they were playing tongue tango.
Draco Malfoy looked to his left and right, to make sure that no one was looking or listening in their direction. Then, deciding that he could bare it, he stepped into the compartment and closed the door behind him, pulling down the blinds. All three girls looked at each other with unease written on their faces. They suddenly had a very clear idea of what this was about.
“I have some news from your brother,” he began, taking a seat opposite of Siobhan. Siobhan’s hand automatically reached out for his, and she inched closer.
“Is he fine? Is he alive? How has he been?” the questions rolled off her tongue, the flirtation that was written across her face wiped away clean. Her heart had nearly stopped in her chest when Draco had mentioned her brother. He might not consider them family anymore, he might see them as cheating, blood-betraying traitors, but to Siobhan, he was still her older brother, Maddox.
“He is fine, and more alive than anyone else – he’s been a pretty good... follower, I suppose,” Draco grimaced – even though he was a Death Eater himself, even though he had followed family traditions and dedicated himself to Voldemort, talking about it, even amongst other Slytherins, made him uncomfortable. Especially as he could feel Laura’s eyes burning into him, and he didn’t have to look at her to know that she didn’t approve of what he was. Gently rubbing his thumb on the smooth skin of the back of Siobhan’s hand, he carried on.
“He told me to tell you to be careful this year in school – obviously, being his sister can cause some people to hold grudges against you, or even try to hurt you – we all know that the Gryffindor’s hate us all, and your brother’s public disowning of your family and being there, at the scene of Dumbledore’s murder...” he trailed off, looking at the tears in Siobhan’s eyes as she frantically nodded. He had always had a soft, brotherly spot for Siobhan Crimson. Her family, being a pureblood, was recognised as noble and respected, amongst many wizards, Death Eaters or not. Her great-granddad had been Hogwarts Headmaster before Dumbledore, and had been a teacher that had praised Lord Voldemort when he had been mere Tom Riddle. And even though Voldemort had threatened her family, Draco knew from the Lord himself that their death wouldn’t be set, as he needed followers who were as pure and as untainted as the Crimson’s.
“But most especially, he told me to tell you that he will come to see you some point during the school year – he said to watch out for yourself and to keep away from trouble, as he doesn’t want Potter to start ‘rumours’ of your loyalty to sides too. Im not sure exactly when he will come to see you,” he carried on before Siobhan could ask the question herself, “but he said he will try to see you as soon as he can.”
Laura watched the exchange between the two, and something within her rose, something she never knew was there. The monster of jealousy. Watching the scene, as Malfoy softly caressed Siobhan’s hand in comfort, and she hung onto every word of his and the way her body leaned towards him, she realised that the monster that was causing turmoil within her was indeed because of jealousy. Swallowing, she turned to look at Rosabella, who was staring at Draco Malfoy as if he had grown another head. They had always known that Siobhan and Malfoy had been on friendly terms, teasing each other and mocking each other at every chance, but they never knew they would ever witness it when even the mighty Draco Malfoy would display such true and genuine feelings to another being.
Siobhan closed her eyes as she let Draco’s words sink in. Her brother still considered her to be his sister then. He still cared enough to make time and give someone a message for her. He still cared for her welfare and her supposed reputation. Putting her head against her hands, entwined with Draco’s, she silently prayed to the God she had always held onto and for her brother’s soul to be cleared of his sins. Straightening out her posture – and her emotions – she sat back in her seat, and giving Draco’s hands one last squeeze, she let go.
“Well, you overly gorgeous beast, if that is all, I think you should head back to your own little compartment and let us girls get dressed in peace,” she said, smiling a little as the sadness in her eyes changed into a gleam. Draco smirked, and got up, his tall, muscular frame taking up rather a great amount of space.
“I shall see you later, my beautiful Crimson,” he said, and bowed out. Siobhan let out a gutsy laugh, shooing him away. Laura looked at Rosabella, whose eyebrow was raised in speculation at such behaviour towards Siobhan. She knew that Malfoy could be charming when he wanted to, but never had she seen him as comfortable around Laura’s presence as he had just been, mere moments ago. But then again, she thought, smirking at her own thoughts, it might be due to the reason that he had discovered just what an amazing kisser she was.
After all, Laura had kissed her close friend, Alexander McCane, a few months back, and he had relayed how amazing she was, still dazed from it.
Siobhan slumped in her seat after Draco was gone, and both her best friends turned to look at her. They smiled as the grin that formed on her face was priceless – they had never seen Siobhan look so happy since her brother had left; he had meant a great deal to her. Giggling, Siobhan did a little victory dance and her best friends laughed.
“Damn, I never knew I’d feel this happy after feeling so sad just moments ago! Draco really does know how to be nice when he wants to,” she laughed, then turned back to Laura, remembering what they were talking about before. She smirked, inclining her head to Rosabella.
“And you, Laura Reign Moon, would know this better than us, wouldn’t you?” she smirked, folding her hands over her chest. Laura shook her head, feeling the blush raise from her neck.
“I don't even know how the hell we managed to kiss. One minute, I was barging into his room, screaming for him, the next he was out the bathroom, backing me into a corner, shouting at me. And then the next moment his hands were all over me, and my mouth attached to his.”
Siobhan sighed, her eyes misty – being everything, she was a true romantic at heart. Just imagining the scene, the passion and tension in the air was enough to make her heart swoon.
She never admitted it to Laura, but she found the two to be a perfect couple.
Rosabella looked shocked – she never would have expected such a thing to happen, as she was sensible enough to know that Draco was everything Laura despised in a wizard; a Death Eater, a being that enjoyed someone else’s pain, someone who had always been a thorn in her side. Because the two had known each other since they had been in cots and nappies, and never had gotten along. They were awkward and stiff around each other’s company, and they didn’t like to be brought together, even though they were in the same house, the same year and they had many friends in common. Laura may not support what Voldemort believed in, but she had many associates who were involved with him, and though she didn’t like it, it didn’t mean that she wasn’t civil to those who were to her.
Laura knew exactly what was running through both her best friends’ minds. She could see Rosabella calculating it all up, into tidy columns, while Siobhan let her imagination go wild and planned out a future for the two most unlikely pairing.
“Did anything else happen?” Rosabella asked, breaking the silence. Laura shook her head, scoffing.
“Nope – I pretty much stalked out the room after I realised what had happened and we tried to avoid each other. If we couldn’t do that, we avoided eye contact. Simple as,” she said, earning a chuckle from her. But Siobhan made a sound from her throat, drawing attention to herself again.
“I don't care about that! I want DETAILS. Like how he kisses, and what he done, and what you did, and all that! I don't care if you two didn’t even see each other, tell me about the moment!” she exclaimed, and Laura tried to cover her friends mouth.
“How about you keep your voice a bit down?! People are gonna hear,” she hissed, and then nearly blanched as Siobhan giggled into her hand and licked her palm. Sighing, she let her go, and then looked back outside again. It was slowly getting dark, and she knew that they should change before they forgot to and had to rush around like last year.
“We really should change into our robes...” Laura suggested, and Rosabella agreed, putting her book down and getting up to pull her uniform out of the top of her trunk. But Siobhan narrowed her eyes – she knew that Laura was stalling, and she let it go, for that moment. She would get it out of her later in their dorm room, even if she didn’t want to tell her.
Siobhan believed strongly in force and violence when needed be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any comments guys? :)

Been a while since I posted but heyyyy, exams are hardwork. My final exam is on Tuesday, then I am FREE till September. :D