Status: Pretty much active for now. :)

Underwater Calls

Chapter Three.

Arriving at Hogwarts again was like another home to Laura. She had a wonderful home, with her parents attentive and her brother the older brother that was there for her no matter, yet the mastermind behind every prank on her. But Hogwarts... it was like a different world, magical and enchanting yet so comforting and welcoming. She felt the same every time she looked up at the castle, since the tender age of eleven. She loved it all, and the warmth within her, every time she saw it, was immense. Because she knew that with it still standing so high, with everything it faced – Hogwarts will bring the peace and clam the Wizarding world needed.
“Them awkward moments when Laura loses herself in her own damn mind,” Siobhan retorted, drawing her out the spell she was under. Scoffing, Laura shrugged indifferently. Her friends knew about her love for the place, and they loved it too, obviously not as much as her, but that wasn’t the case. She knew that no matter what, they understood.
Arriving back into the Great Hall was like madness. As students rushed in to get seated, Laura made sure she didn’t get trampled on by the eager, younger years. She felt someone bump into as she turned around to say something to Rosabella. Instinctively, she reached out, to steady herself.
And her hands touched muscle that she had felt only a month ago.
Drawing back her hands quickly, as if she had been shocked, she looked up into those ice blue eyes. His face was tense, as if ready to scold.
“Sorry,” she said formally, before turning back around, and heading to the Slytherin table, where she saw Rosabella and Siobhan heading towards, while looking for her. They met her eyes, and she read the confusion on their face.
Draco stared after her, trying not to acknowledge the way she walked. Ever since that goddamn day, when she had barged into his room in the most demeanour manner and began to rattle away, he hadn’t been able to look at her with the same indifference. He hadn’t been able to construct the hatred he held towards her after that. He hadn’t been able to see her as just a mere being. No, he saw her all too well, just as his hands recognised her soft body oh-so-well.
“Where are you recently going in that mind of yours, Draco Malfoy?” Blaise Zambini said, smiling at his lifelong friend. He didn’t know what was getting Draco all moody and causing him to actually think so deeply, but he knew that it was something pretty serious. Draco shook his head, trying to clear the thoughts away while also directing it at Blaise.
“Nothing. Petty troubles of the world, my friend,” he said, smirking, before starting to walk by Blaise towards the spot they always sat on at the Slytherin table – right at the back.
Laura didn’t tune into the conversation her best friends were having, nor did she listen to McGonagall's speech or the Sorting. She rested her head in her arms, tired as she had been awake since five that morning. All she wanted to do was go to her dorm and drop asleep in her bed. But first, she had to satisfy her irritated stomach. Having an ulcer made her health important, and she had to make sure that her stomach wasn’t empty – as it was right then.
Soon, her wishes were granted and the Feast began. Laura dug into the piles of food that was displayed in breath taking plates, and made sure to eat only what she should – she had a great appetite for a seventeen year old girl, but when her stomach began to act up, she had to be careful of what she consumed.
“Ulcer acting up again?” Siobhan asked gently, as she saw that Laura was only eating the smallest amounts of her normal favourites. Laura nodded, as her mouth was full, and Siobhan scrunched her face. She didn’t like knowing that her friend was in discomfort.
Rosabella looked over at Siobhan, and sighed. She knew how much it affected Siobhan, seeing Laura ill at times. Reaching over, she patted Siobhan’s back in comfort, and then decided it was time to distract them.
“So guys, who’s ready for Laura’s story telling later in dorm?” she said, grinning. Siobhan laughed out loud as Laura face palmed and shook her head.
“I hate you guys.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one :D