Everything Is Second To Your Dreams

5768 Words

“So Melody, what can I do for you today?” My psychiatrist smiled warmly as she pointed a finger at the seat opposite her. I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes, I’d been there so many times I knew that there were one hundred and twenty four white tiles on the floor, so I think I knew where to sit.

“I keep having it.” I stated as I sat down, immediately bringing my knees up to my chest before wrapping my arms around them securely.

“You keep having what?” She said as she pursed her lips, waiting for me to continue.

“It.” I said bluntly, knowing that she knew full well what I was on about as it was the only reason I was there, it was the only reason I’d been there over the past two weeks.

“The dream?”

“It.” I said once more, furrowing my eyebrows as she nodded before scribbling something down on the clipboard on her lap that held a piece of paper, perfectly placed in the centre. I rolled my eyes at how precise everything was, I felt like I was in a mental institute, believe what you want, but to me, having to see someone about my…problem you could call it, was torture enough.

“Melody, not referring to it as to what it is isn’t going to get you anywhere.” She sighed as she clicked the top of her pen impatiently.

“So calling it a dream is? It just feels so real, it just-”

“Dreams do feel real, dear.” She said matterofactly.

I rolled my eyes as I inhaled a deep breath, determined not to snap. “I know they do, but this just doesn’t feel like a normal dream. A normal dream doesn’t happen every night for two straight weeks while slight aspects change each time.” I mumbled as I removed my arms from around my legs so I could manoeuvre into a more comfortable position.

“It’s changed again?” She questioned, moving to the edge of her chair opposite me, her clipboard and pen at the ready as she stared at me intently.

I sighed as I closed my eyes, replaying the familiar dream in my head once more.

I’d grown accustom to the moon-lit forest that I suddenly found myself in once more as I began to replay the dream from the previous night. I looked down at my feet as I moved my left foot forward slightly, causing the same twig to snap for the fourteenth time as I heard a noise from behind me causing my heart to skip a beat once more before I took off running. I dodged and ducked under branches as I kept my eyes fixed in front of me, feeling my pace quicken. I snapped my head around as I stole a look glance from behind me, knowing that no-one was running behind me at that moment, but I was never able to shake the feeling. I winced in reality as I knew what was coming next. I tripped over a branch as I found my body about to collide with the floor, I attempted once more to stick my hands out to break the fall but it once again proved useless as I groaned in pain, glancing at the palm of my hand as I noticed the same horizontal cut that I’d seen so many times before the previous night before standing up quickly as I took off once more. I heard the twigs from somewhere behind me snap as I ran further into the forest, not looking back as I continued to replay the dream in my head. I turned a corner within it sharply as I kept running, knowing where I was headed like the back of my hand. I heard the loud footsteps approaching from a short distance behind as I pushed my legs to move faster, literally as fast as my feet could carry me. I breathed in deeply as I realised my destination was in plain sight. I ran down the twig ridden and muddy slope as fast as I could, trying not to fall as I breathed a sigh of relief as I reached the bottom, stealing another quick glance behind me as I ran quickly over to where it was I needed to go. As I was about to run straight past the huge oak tree as I’d done thirteen times prior I felt the same hand grab my arm as it pulled me into the tree, my back hitting it roughly. I glanced at the hand that still held my arm as the owner removed it quickly. “Wh-” I began just before the boy clasped a hand over my mouth as he shook his head back and forth, indicating for me to not speak. I nodded as he removed his hand like he had so many times before. I peered around the corner of the tree slightly, revealing as little of myself as possible as I heard the footsteps come to a sudden halt at the top of the slope. I began to move backwards slightly, walking straight into the boy. I mentally cursed myself once again as my breathing began to get erratic. I felt the boy grab my left hand from behind and pull me around the tree slowly before clasping his hand over my mouth once more. I closed my eyes as I attempted to return my breathing to a non erratic state. The boy spun me around to face him as I opened my eyes, already knowing the conversation that was about to take place yet again.

“I think we’re okay.” He whispered as he removed his hand from my mouth.

I glanced up at him, pushing my auburn locks out of my face slightly. I studied him quickly as I’d done numerous times before. His mousy blonde hair touched just below the tips of his shoulders as his bangs swept to the right side of his face, his ocean-green orbs looking intently into my hazel ones as we both just stood there. Silent.

“How did you end up here?” I questioned quietly.

“Your guess is as good as mine.” He spoke once more as I bit my lip, knowing what I was about to say next as our conversation would be brought to a close.

“Who are you?”

“I’m J-”

I opened my eyes slowly to see my psychiatrist staring at me as she waited patiently for me to tell her step by step what had happened and what had changed. I sighed as she ran over to one of her cabinets, opening it quickly as she pulled out a folder marked “Melody Winters” before closing it just as quick, practically running back over to her seat opposite me as her heels clicked against the floor.

“So Melody,” She began as she opened the folder, pulling out a few papers from within it. “What would you say has changed this time around? as you said last time that,” She said as she smiled in triumph as her eyes scanned over the paper she’d wrote on during our last session, “that your conversation ended after he said your guess is as good as mine? Am I correct?”

I nodded as I began to drum my fingers against the arm of the chair, looking at her intently.

“So there was slightly more to it this time?” She questioned as I nodded in response once more.

“Melody, if we’re going to get somewhere with this you’re going to have to talk to me.” She sighed impatiently.

“How can we possibly get somewhere? This dream won’t get out of my god damn head, I’ve not slept in two weeks, it’s driving me crazy!” I exclaimed, raising my voice.

“I understand that, but talking about it is better than you just keeping it bottled up inside of you, you know you can’t do that Melody, you’d be like a time-bomb.” She said, raising an eyebrow.

I sighed and nodded in agreement, much to my dismay, “I know but it’s honestly driving me crazy, I can’t concentrate at work, this dream is constantly on my mind every second of every passing day.”

She nodded as she scribbled down more notes on her clipboard. I glanced over at the clock that was placed on top of the cabinet and breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that I only had two minutes left of the session.

“Are you working tonight?” She questioned as she pushed her glasses up her nose, glancing up at me momentarily.

I nodded as I ran a hand through my hair before she spoke once more. “Maybe the music will take this dream out of your head, at least for a few hours.” She said before she went back to work on her Clipboard.

I rolled my eyes knowing she couldn’t see and began to fidget. I worked as a bartender in a club, only it wasn’t a club as such. It was this small place called Recreational, better known as ’The Rec’ in Fort Wayne which only held a bar, a couple of sofas and bar stools scattered around, as well a rather large space for different acts to perform every night. Working at the club for so long I’d seen everything, the very good, and needless to say the very bad. The only good thing about working there was my best friend Alexis, she’d taken me under her wing I guess you could say when I’d first began working there last year, and we became attached to the hip, needless to say I needed her more than I ever did with this constant re-occurring dream, I needed something to take my mind off it.

“That’s it for today I’m afraid Melody,” She said as she glanced down at her watch quickly before she looked at me, placing her pen on her clipboard, “I’ll see you again tomorrow at Four sharp.” She smiled as I stood up, muttering a quick goodbye as I headed for the door, twisting the doorknob quickly before stepping out into the corridor, closing the door behind me. I made my way out of the revolving doors and hugged my Blue American Apparel hoodie around me tightly before making my way over to my car, unlocking it before jumping inside. I sighed as I rested my head on my steering wheel before sticking the key in the ignition and starting it up. I sat upright as I rubbed my eyes to attempt to wake me up a little bit more as I reversed out of the parking lot. As I began to drive to work I couldn’t help but reflect on my session and how much my psychiatrist infuriated me, she spoke to me like I was thirteen and I’d just gotten my first major zit in the middle of my forehead, when actually I was twenty one and I’d been through all that, and I was actually having some sort of crisis, I was having the same dream day in day out no matter how hard I tried to let my mind wander to different things as I felt my eyes grow heavy, but I always ended up in the same place, in the same dream.
I sighed once more as I pulled into my spot around the back of the club before pulling the keys out of the ignition and opening my door before jumping out and locking it.

“How did it go?” I heard from behind me as I jumped, my keys falling out of my hand and hitting the floor.

“Jesus Christ, Alex! Are you trying to kill me?” I mumbled as I bent down to retrieve my keys, picking them up and shoving them in my hoodie pocket.

“Lighten up, Mel. I take it it didn’t go that well?” She questioned as she slung her arm over my shoulder, guiding me towards the back entrance of the club.

“Not really. I mean, I know there’s only so much she can do, but she could be a bit less patronizing and stop treating me like I’m a kid.” I sighed as I pulled the door open before stepping through as she followed.

“Did you get any further? In your dream?” She asked as we made our way through the club as I glanced at the few people who were scattered around, enjoying themselves.

“A little, I asked him who he was.” I mumbled as I made my way through the door and behind the bar as Alexis followed.

“And?” She urged, “Who is he?”

I pushed the sleeves of my hoodie up as I leaned against the counter of the bar. “Honestly? I have no idea.”

“But-”

“As he was about to tell me, I woke up.” I sighed as I pushed my bangs out of my face.

“You’re kidding? That blows.” She said sympathetically, mimicking my actions and leaning against the counter of the bar.

“Melody! Alexis! This place is going to be crawling tonight.” Tony, the manager of The Rec grinned as he ran over to us.

“Crawling with what? Bugs?” Alexis scoffed as Tony flipped her off.

“It won’t be if there’s a really crap band playing or a tone-deaf person singing, which there usually is.” I chuckled as he narrowed his eyes at me before smirking.

“Oh on the contrary, we have a good band playing tonight.”

“Oh really? Who?” Alexis scoffed.

“I don’t know what they’re called but he, well they are local and apparently they have a pretty big fanbase, hello money!” Tony laughed.

“They? He? Which one is it, love?” I joked as Tony flipped me off.

“It’s a he, well they, no he, well the guy is like a one-man band but when he performs live people play the instruments for him, make sense?”

“None.” Alexis smirked as she backed away just as Tony reached out to whack her.

“Enough of you two being slackers. Get to work.” He joked before walking away.

“Tony’s clearly the best boss in the world.” Alexis chuckled as she began to check the glasses to see if they could do with another clean before business started picking up.

“I have to agree. He’s rubbish at explaining things though, I mean he, they, a one-man band?” I laughed as I gave her a hand in checking glasses before removing the ones that could do with another clean.

“I hope he, they, or whoever the fuck it is live up to his very low expectations.” She grinned as she began to clean the glasses that she’d set to one side.

“I’m sure he or they will. You know Tony, only gets the best.” I laughed as our first customer of the night approached the bar.

Needless to say the first couple of hours of the night were complete and utter hell, purely for the fact we had to endure three opening bands as well as three singers who all failed miserably, taking away hours of my life that I would never get back and would have gladly used on something else. I sighed in relief as the last tone-deaf singer of the night stepped off of the stage as one person clapped. I laughed myself as I handed the middle-aged man in front of me the change from his beer as he smiled in response. “I hope you’re having a good headline act, the others were awful to say the least.” He chuckled as he shoved his loose change into his front pocket.

“You’re telling me. Apparently we do have a good headline act, I wouldn’t hold your hopes too high, though.” I smiled as he nodded before walking away.

“Just kill me now. There goes hours of my life I’ll never get back.” Alexis sighed dramatically as she returned from her break, sitting on the only stool we kept behind the bar in the far corner.

“You didn’t have to hear it first hand. Count yourself lucky.” I scoffed as she smirked at me.

“You two! Prepare to be blown away and attacked by screaming girls.” Tony smirked.

“Oh the he, they, one-man band are here?” I smirked as Alexis began laughing hysterically.

“I could fire you, you know that right?” He joked.

“I know, but you wouldn’t want to be stuck with Alexis all day everyday would you? I mean, I don’t know how you put up with her before I came here.” I joked as Alexis stood up, making her way towards me before slapping me across the back of the head.

“Why would we be attacked by screaming girls?” I questioned, but as Tony opened his mouth to speak a crowd of girls walked in, giggling amongst themselves.

“They’re apparently very good looking.”

“You mean he, right?” I smirked, pushing his buttons once more.

“Sometimes I really do wonder why I don’t fire you.” He mumbled as he walked off, throwing his arms in the air dramatically.

I laughed as I made my way back over to the middle of the counter, noticing the group of girls were walking over.

“You’re so lucky to have The Ready Set performing here, he’s like, so hot.” One gushed as the others nodded.

“The Ready Set? Isn’t that a band name?” I laughed as I leaned across the counter top once more.

“Of course, silly. He’s a one-man band when he’s not performing live though, super talented, hot, he’s got everything going for him.” Another girl sighed.

“Are you girls actually interested in the music?” I said, raising an eyebrow.

“I suppose, kind of, maybe.” The same girl shrugged.

I rolled my eyes as they began to squeal as their heads all snapped in the direction of the front door.

“There he is!” Yet another one of them exclaimed as they all took off in the direction of the front door.

“I’m taking my break.” I laughed as Alexis huffed and crossed her arms.

“You’re leaving me with all these, all these children?!” She exclaimed as I rolled my eyes, making my way out of the door and towards the front of the club, manoeuvring myself around the girls who were clearly mobbing whoever the guy was before making my way out of the door. I walked over to my car and leaned against the door, closing my eyes for a moment as I tried to block out everything thought that was racing through my head at that moment in time, and for once, it seemed to be working.

“Melody! Wake the fuck up and come and listen to this so called great band.” Alexis laughed as my eyes snapped open.

“I wasn’t sleeping, I was simply blocking everything out.”

“Yeah, yeah. You were sleeping, now come on!” She exclaimed as she grabbed my hand, pulling me inside. I glanced around in amazement at how many people had turned out to see this one band, the majority of them being girls, but like it mattered, it meant more business for us at the end of the day.

I retook my place behind the bar with Alexis by my side.

“Hey guys! Thanks for coming out! We’re The Ready Set, well I am, but that’s besides the point and I‘m going to stop rambling now. I hope you enjoy the music!” I heard some guy yell into his microphone from the stage as the music to their, or his first song started up. From where I was positioned behind the bar I couldn’t see the band, but I could hear the music fine, just as fine as I could hear the girls screaming.

I had to admit though, if I said the music was good, that would be a complete understatement. Alexis and I found ourselves dancing along behind the bar as Tony passed, giving us satisfactory smirks. I laughed as I rolled my eyes at him before Alexis grabbed my arms and made me continue to dance along to the music once more.

“Okay so this last song is called Giants!” He exclaimed as the girls began to scream once more.

“I tell you something, if one girl screams one more time I’m going to back-hand a bitch.” Alexis seethed.

I laughed, “Tony wasn’t kidding though, this is great.”

“I agree. For once, he isn’t wrong about something. We need to congratulate this guy.” She suggested as I nodded in agreement.

“Thank you! You’ve been amazing! I’m sure we’ll be sticking around for a while if you want to hang out.” He said as the girls screamed yet again.

“Right, where’s my shotgun?!” I laughed as Alexis ran a hand through her hair. “In a way I’m glad it’s over, just so these girls can get the fuck out and never come back.” She mumbled.

“Amen.” I laughed once more as I pushed my hair out of my face, unzipping my hoodie as I’d began to feel a little hotter from jumping around for the last twenty minutes or so.

I smiled as I started to serve the customers who began to surface at the bar after The Ready Set’s performance, none of them failing to mention words of praise about how amazing the music was and how Tony needs to have them, or him, back soon.

“Your boss was right, even I had to admit that that was one headline act.” The middle-aged man from before chuckled before he left the club.

“Wow, Tony’s going to get one ego boost after all of this.” I laughed to Alexis who was busy serving another customer.

“You’re telling me, he’s going to get The Ready Set back here every other week now, you watch.”

“Oh, you can count on it.” Tony said proudly, appearing behind the bar suddenly. “I promised the band free drinks as they brought so many people along, make sure you see to that.” He grinned before walking off.

“I don’t know if it’s wise, not with all these obsessed girls hanging around, they’ll totally take advantage of their drunken states.” I said as I rolled my eyes, picking up the dirty glasses that a few customers had placed on the counter.

“I may not be obsessed, but I wouldn’t say no to the singer, that’s all I’m saying.” Alexis smirked as she turned to face me.

“Oh come on, not you too?! When did you see him?” I scoffed as I looked at her intently.

“When you were snoozing outside, of course.”

“I wasn’t snoozing! I don’t sleep on the job, you know.” I glared playfully.

“Sure, that’s what they all say. Anyway, I call dibs on serving him!” She exclaimed as she stuck her hand up in the air.

“If it means that much to you, I won’t get in your way.” I smirked as I held my hands up in defence before stepping back.

“I’ll be right back, if he comes to the bar, keep him talking until I come back.” She laughed before she sped off out the door.

“But I don’t even know what he looks like!” I exclaimed after her as I shook my head back and forth.
I dug my Blackberry out of my pocket and found Alexis’s name before pressing the keys quickly.

You complete ass, I don’t even know what your future husband looks like.

I felt my cell vibrate in my hand not two minutes later as I opened up the reply.

He’s the hot one, you’ll know.

I shook my head once more and laughed before I was about to reply again when I heard someone sit on a stool in front of the bar.

“Hey, can I get an Orange Juice?” I heard from the opposite side of the bar as I kept my eyes on my phone before nodding in response, grabbing a clean glass and getting a carton of Orange Juice out whilst attempting to text with my free hand.

“Multitasking takes a lot of skill, I’ll give you props for that.” He laughed as I poured the Orange Juice into the glass before placing it back in the mini see-through refrigerator.

“Thanks.” I laughed as I picked up the glass of Orange Juice off the counter before shoving my cell back in my pocket. I glanced at him, our eyes widening as I accidentally dropped the glass on the floor, it’s contents going everywhere.

“You.” We said in unison as I backed away slightly.

“God damnit, Winters! What the fuck did you do?” Alexis laughed as she walked through the door, glancing down at the fragments of glass and Orange Juice.

I couldn’t help but just stare wide-eyed at the too familiar face in front of me with an expression that I could only describe as one of pure horror.

“Am I missing something?” Alexis questioned as she placed a hand on my shoulder. I took in a deep breath as I tried to find my voice.

“I-I need some air.” I stuttered out as I ran out of the door, trying not to slide on the glass and Juice as I did so.

“I’m not cleaning your mess up, Winters!” I heard Alexis call from behind me, but I just kept running, through the back entrance and into the cool Fort Wayne air. I sighed to myself as I leaned back against the wall of the club, closing my eyes, trying to block out everything once more. I couldn’t believe what was happening, the guy who I’d been dreaming about for two weeks straight was in Fort Wayne of all places, in the club that I happened to work at, the night after I got so close to finding out who he was.
I balled my right hand into a fist as I pressed it back into the wall, I couldn’t help but feel this was a twisted version of fate, heavy on the twisted. My eyes snapped open as I heard the door I’d previously ran out of open next to me, and out he walked. Believe me when I say I didn’t want to stick around. I pushed myself off of the wall as I began to walk away.

“Would you just wait a second?!” He exclaimed as he ran the short distance after me, grabbing hold of my arm.

“What the fuck is going on?!” I questioned as I pulled my arm out of his grasp, “This isn’t normal! why are you here? better yet, who in gods name are you?!”

“Look, you’re in the same position as me, there’s no point in just running away!”

I scoffed as I pushed my hair out of my face, “Well you seem a lot calmer about it than me! how could you be calm about something like this? I’ve not slept for two damn weeks and I don’t appreciate my dreams being dominated by twisted nightmares!”

“So you think I do appreciate it? I’ve been having the same dream too, so obviously I know what you’re going through, but if you’d just calm down for a minute then maybe we could talk about it, I-”

“What’s there to talk about?! I’ve had to go to a damn psychiatrist about this! I feel like I’m going crazy!” I sighed as I narrowed my eyes at him.

“You’re not making this any easier.”

“Well I’m sorry that this is affecting me, but you can’t be here, it’s just a dream!”

He reached out and grabbed my shoulders before speaking slowly, “This isn’t a dream.”

“Who are you?” I whispered as I glanced up at him, knowing that I’d finally find out.

“I’m Jordan.” He said softly, removing his hands from my shoulders. “And you are?”

I bit my lip before taking a deep breath, opening my mouth to say my name, but before I could utter anything the back door flew open and out ran Alexis.

“Winters! Tony needs you to clean up the mess you made.” She said as she ushered me forward.

“I have to go.” I mumbled as I walked away quickly, not looking back.

“Mel, I called dibs you traitor.” Alexis joked as she held the door open for me.

“I’m not stopping you.” I chuckled half-heartedly as I walked passed her, knowing she wasn’t following as she waited for him, well Jordan, to walk back inside too.

I immediately got to work cleaning up the fragments of glass before disposing of them and mopping up the Orange Juice, not bothering to see if he’d actually followed Alexis in.

“Melody what’s wrong with you?” Alexis asked, concerned as she placed her hands on my shoulders, turning me to face her.

“It’s him.” I mumbled as my eyes flickered around the club, a sigh of relief escaping my lips as I saw that he was being mobbed by the screaming girls once more.

“Who?”

“Him. The guy who you’re in love with, the guy who’s The Ready Set, it’s him, he’s the one from my dream.”

“H-How’s that possible?” She stammered, looking at me with wide eyes.

“I wish I knew.” I sighed as I pushed my hair out of my face. “I can’t stay here, I need to go home, will you be okay covering me for the last half hour?” I asked hopefully as she nodded in response. “Just tell Tony I don’t feel well, which is true, I don’t.” I said as I zipped my hoodie before shoving my hands in my pockets as Alexis wrapped her arms around me, squeezing me before letting go.

“Stay sane, Mel.” She chuckled as she stepped aside in order for me to pass. I grinned at her before pushing open the door, making my way out of the back entrance once more. I made my way through the parking lot as fast as I could, unlocking my car quickly before jumping inside and starting it up. As I drove back to my apartment I tried to stop myself from thinking by turning on the radio, turning the dial to increase the volume hoping that it’d help as I began to drive back to my apartment. I’d had, without a doubt the most strange, bizarre and not to mention messed up day of my life. I didn’t know what I’d done to deserve all of what was happening, but if the plan was to drive me to insanity, it was working.

"You’re listening to radionow1009 here in Indiana and here’s a new song requested by Alexis Jones from Fort Wayne by the upcoming local sensation Jordan Witzigreuter, here’s ‘Love Like Woe’ by The Ready Set!"

I began to swear under my breath as I turned the radio off quickly, digging my cell of my pocket before turning into my parking spot outside of my apartment. I pulled the keys out of the ignition and unbuckled my seatbelt, jumping out of the car before shutting the door and locking it. I kept mumbling as I dug my hand into my jean pocket, pulling out my key before scrolling through my previous calls, finding Alexis’s name and hitting call.

“Miss me already?” She laughed from the other end.

“Are you trying to make me even more insane?! I know it was you who rang that damn local radio station, knowing I’d be listening.” I laughed as I stuck my key in the lock, twisting it as I heard it click before pushing the door open before stepping through, shutting it behind me.

“What can I say, I like the music. Plus, you two have some sort of deranged connection.”

“There is no connection, Alexis. This is just completely fucked up.” I sighed as I walked up the two flights of stairs quickly in order to get to my apartment.

“He seems really nice though, as well as the rest of the band. Maybe you should talk to him about it.”

“I’m not coming back to the club, I’m just going to sleep and pray that he doesn’t appear in my dreams again.” I said as I stuck my key in the door, unlocking it and stepping into my apartment, shutting the door behind me.

“I wonder what your psychiatrist will say about this tomorrow.” She laughed as I chucked my keys on the island before making my way into my bedroom, closing the door behind me.

“Probably say that I’m delirious and have me sectioned.” I mumbled as I walked over to my bed, throwing myself on it.

“If you don’t show up to work tomorrow I’ll tell Tony you’ve been sectioned.” She joked.

“Please do, anyway I’m going to go to bed, completely ignoring the fact that it’s,” I began as I glanced at the alarm clock placed on my desk next to my bed. “ten, I’m going to sleep forever. Goodnight Alex, and if I don’t show up for work, you know what to do.”

She laughed before she spoke once more, “Good luck tomorrow, I’ll see you at work. Bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up as I tossed my cell onto the pillow next to me before snuggling into my covers, ignoring the fact I was still fully clothed as I felt my eyes grow heavy.

Jordan’s POV.

I walked back over to my previous seat at the bar after insisting to the girls who’d found it necessary to follow my every move that I’d be back in a minute. I jumped up on the bar stool, resting my hands on the counter.

“So you’re the guy?” The same girl who held the door open for me smiled as she leaned against the bar, looking at me intently.

“The guy?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“The guy from the dream.”

I nodded as I began to drum my fingers against the top of the counter, “I guess so.”

“You’ve been driving her crazy, you know. And not in a good way.” She laughed, pushing her hair out her face.

“Her? You’re not going to tell me her name considering she didn’t get to chance to?”

She shook her head back and forth before a smirk appeared across her lips, “I’ll leave that to you.”

“Well that’s not exactly possible considering she’s not here. I mean, considering we’ve now kind of met I somehow doubt I’ll be seeing her in my dreams anymore, so-”

“How good are you with psychiatrists?” She questioned.

“What kind of a question is that? I-”

“How are you with them?”

“Okay I suppose. I mean, I’ve been seeing one for the past two weeks-” I cut myself off though as her face suddenly broke out in a grin.

“Here’s what you‘re going to do, dream boy.”