Status: Updating

Demonic Lovers

Chapter 6

My entire body ached with cold as I struggled to breathe. The water stabbed into my skin like a million tiny needles. After falling through the trap door I'd landed in the water.I told myself not to panic but it was too late. My legs kicked viciously while a clock ticked in my head. Tick tock on the clock my little bunny rabbit. My lungs screamed bloody murder and my chest tightened. I kicked harder and reached upwards. My fingers strained hoping to break surface. The clock stopped and I inhaled.

Frigid ice water sliced down my throat and pierced my lungs. I screamed allowing more water in. I started to thrash, turning the water to foam. Let me out! I screamed at the frigid water.But we like it so much better here. Fill the tippty top, fill to the tippty top, fill to the tippty top and mistress will reward us. I clawed at the water. I wouldn’t let it take me. This was my element. Not mistresses. My fucking element! The cold sunk into my bones and I let loose a growl.

My eyes burned as my body arched into an almost perfect C. I screamed again and burst from the water. My fingers scraped along cold cement and I gasped. It came out a gargle. My whole body tingled as I heaved myself up and collapsed. I laid there for a second before rolling over and throwing up all the liquids in my body. I heaved once more then lay down again.

The tingling faded from my body along with the burning in my eyes. I started sobbing. I’d awakened my father’s side of me. The monster that always waited just below the surface. I held out my hand and stared at it. How would I make that monster stay in its cage now?

Wait. Monster. Cage.
“Fuck.” I croaked as I sat up. My eyes scanned the water. That’s when they landed on a platform opposite me. Axle looked smaller than usual. His lower half was still in the water being tugged at by the current.
“Axle!” I yelled. Axle twitched then lifted his head.

“Fuck.” He muttered. He tried to push himself up more but hissed and sank back down.

“Axle get out of the water!” I yelled. Axle grunted and tried again. He slipped and started to slide into the water even more.

“I can’t you arsehole! My shoulder, remember!”

Shit he was right. The poison must be spreading by now. Whether I liked it or not I needed him alive. That trap door had led us here could be filled with more dangers.

“Hold on! I’m coming over!” I called. He nodded, weakly and I swallowed.

I stood up, slightly shaky and flexed my fingers. I concentrated and tried to will the tingles back. They came back in full force and my eyes twitched. Next came the burning. My eyes throbbed and I whimpered. I don’t care about Axle. I just wanted to shove the monster back in its cage. You need him. Tasty little elf is important. Very important. You need him to escape. To find Leon. To kill Leon.

My eyes snapped open and I smirked. I cocked my head and spoke to the water. I smirked again before stepping onto the water. I walked easily across it. Axle’s eyes were closed. His platinum hair stuck to his forehead and his chest rose slowly.

It would be so easy to suck away his life force. Let it trickle across my tongue as he went limp in my arms. No I got onto the platform and pulled him up. Once he was up I turned him onto his side. It was dim in the tunnel but I could see his shoulder. It was even worse than before. He’s dying. Finish him off. Fuck you. I thought. I gritted my teeth and allowed my nails to grow.

Being half demon had its advantages. But the more you tapped into the demonic part of yourself the more it tapped into your brain. It poisoned you brain until you went into a murderous rampage. My father had been a very powerful demon so it was easier for me to control myself.

I used my now elongated nails to cut open the wound on Axle’s arm. He screamed and I clamped my other hand over his mouth. The demon side enjoyed the sound and I didn’t want to feed it. Axle red eyes popped open.
“Shh.” I whispered. Axle nodded and buried his face against my knee.

I ripped my shirt and tied a piece a little under the wound. Probably too late but oh well. I tore my shirt more and used it to cover my hands as I pushed on the wound. I’ll spare the details of everything that flowed out the demon before the blood started to flow. His blood was dark in color with a rich undertone of green. Tasty.

I ignored it as I closed my eyes. I pictured how I must look right now. My normally hazel eyes where probably blazing red. My nails where long and other demonic features where out. I imagined shoving that person in a cage and locking it. I felt the demonic part of me ebb away before I full relaxed.

I opened my eyes then bit down hard on my wrist. Half breeds blood was like an anti-toxin. I dripped it over the wound once blood started to flow. Axle stirred. I rubbed his hair.

“You're gonna be okay Axle.” He nodded and lifted his head to lay it on my knee.

I almost forgot he owned me for s second. He just looked so young and vulnerable.

“Where’s your crossbow?” He croaked out. I groaned.

“I dropped it in the water.” He smirked.

“Ask for it. I can feel your power. The water wants to obey you, all you have to do is ask.” I looked back toward the water I’d fought and walked across in the span of minutes.

I didn’t want to use my demonic part anymore. I was surprised I’d been able to put it back so easily.

“We might need that weapon Alejandro.”

“Then you do it.” I murmured looking at his shoulder. The skin was sealing easily over the wound. I unknotted the tourniquet.

Axle grinned showing off sharpened teeth. I sighed and looked at the water yet again. Give me back m- I was interrupted by the crossbow shooting out of the water and conking Axle in the face.

He groaned and rubbed his nose. I laughed.

“Well Axle we need to get moving.” I said standing up. I gripped Axle around his arm and my other hand was on the crossbow. He tried to stand but fell.

“I can’t move right now.” He said calmly.

“Well we need to move.” I said. Axle tilted his head back.

“I’m hungry.”

There was silence before I spoke.

“Fuck you.” He closed his eyes and sighed.

“Then leave me here. Either you give me a little now or I go crazy and drain you in the next hour or two.” I let go of his arm. Shit. I was lucky my demon surge had restored the part of my soul he’d eaten. Now he wanted more? But he was right. If I didn’t give him any he’d take it once the hunger set in.

I dropped back down and pulled him against a wall. The water whispered around me as I lifted his head. His red eyes bore into mine.

“We both need to be able to move.’ I said. Axle nodded then opened his mouth. His tongue was forked now and thrashed wildly. I squealed like a little girl and turned away. He chuckled and I heard the snap of his mouth closing.

“Asshole.’ I yelled.

“Told you I was hungry.” He whispered back. I glanced back. There was sweat on his forehead now. I turned back fully and closed my eyes.

“My tongue is normal now.”

“Don’t care. Just hurry and do it.”

He shifted closer than stroked my jaw. I shivered. He kissed my jaw and I wrinkled my nose.

“Just-”

“Shhh.” He interrupted. He was panting slightly. I sat silently. Then he pressed his lips to mine.

I expected pain again. Instead white hot pleasure shot through my veins. I gasped and Axle’s hand went to my lower back. I wasn’t even worried about my soul. I didn’t want him to stop kissing me. The crossbow hit the cement ledge with a clatter. I tangled my fingers in his hair and yanked him closer. He groaned and dug his nails into my back. We fell back with him on top of me eating away at my soul.

Suddenly he yanked away. His eyes where the color of fresh blood and he was panting like he’d run a marathon. Our eyes were on each other's lips. I felt a little weak but pushed him away and stood up. Axle stared hungrily up at me. I licked me own lips and held out my hand.

“Come on before we kill one another.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alejandro and his inner demon tend to fight when ever he uses his demonic part. It's like the little devil on his shoulder. Because he's part demon he can speak/ manipulate and sometimes hear the elements. Got that idea from the novel called Misfit.