The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Sickening Realizations

Zacky's P.O.V.
I left Raven's house and went to get my car from the school where I had left it. The walk wasn't too long. All I could think about the whole way was Raven. This was horrible. She didn't deserve this. I hoped my plan would help at least a little.

I got to the school and entered the now empty parking lot except for my car. I got in and drove home.

When I stepped in the doorway, I was immediately bombarded by my mom questioning me. "The school called and said you left early. Why did you leave? And it better be good."

"I took Raven home because her parents were killed."

Mom's expression changed from anger to shock. “What? How?"

"They were shot."

"Oh my God. The poor girl." She plopped down in the nearest chair.

"Yeah, she's in pretty bad shape right now. I'm going to stay with her until she starts feeling better."

"Whoa. No. I can't let you do that."

I froze. How could she say this?

My voice raised unintentionally in anger. "Mom, she needs someone. I can't just leave her to handle this alone. I care about her too much."

Mom sighed. "Alright Zacky. Just don't do anything stupid."

I went to my room and packed, then headed back to Raven's.

Raven's P.O.V.
I was sitting in my room exactly as Zacky had left me. I just couldn't seem to find the will to move. I started thinking about who could want my parents dead. Absolutely no one came to mind. As far as I knew, people got along with my parents pretty well.

Then, a sickening thought came to me that sent my stomach into a fit of back flips. What if their death was somehow associated with my job? My boss did say he had a lot of enemies. What if this was their way of getting to my boss?

I jumped when the doorbell rang. I cautiously went down the stairs and peeked out the window. I sighed in relief when I saw it was Zacky.

I yanked open the door and pulled him inside. I glanced at the bag in his hands and smiled. I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. I was so glad he was going to stay with me. I'd probably go crazy if he didn't.

I let go of him and looked him in the eyes. My smile faded. It was then I realized I had to tell him everything
♠ ♠ ♠
I like comments!

M. Vengeance