The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

The First Step to Revenge

The funeral for my parents was held on Friday morning. I was surprised at how many people showed up. It consisted of mostly of my family (some I had never met before) with people I had never seen or heard of in my life as far as I knew.

Zacky's family came and so did Casey, Matt, Brian, Jimmy and Johnny. I was happy to see them there; I didn't feel so outnumbered.

Most of the people came by at some point during the ceremony to tell me to stay strong and things like that. I guess it made me feel a little better.

One of my aunts asked about Zacky. "Is that your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, he is. And I don't appreciate you calling him that like he's some kind of animal. He has a name."

She huffed. "What would your parents think?"

"I don't know. Hard to ask them now." I know that sounded a little insensitive, but at least it got her to leave.

Zacky seemed a little hurt. I saw my aunt staring at us so I leaned forward and kissed Zacky. I heard her scoff loudly then continue to talk to her friends.

When the procession was over, Casey came home with me and Zacky.

"Zacky, why don't you go hang out with Matt and the others or something?" Casey asked him a little impatiently.

Zacky just shrugged and kept watching T.V.

"You're an ass, Baker."

I laughed a little as Zacky's phone started ringing.

"Excuse me ladies. I have to take this," he said arrogantly as he stepped into the kitchen.

"He's such a cocky bastard. Sometimes I wonder how any of us put up with it," said Casey, shaking her head.

I laughed again. It was almost creepy how upbeat I was after my own parents' funeral.

"So, are you two together yet?"

I felt my self turn a little red. "Yes."

"Ha! I knew it! How far have you gone?"

"All the way baby!" Zacky exclaimed as he walked in.

"You wish."

"Yeah, I do. Well, I'm gonna go hang out with the guys so I'll talk to you later."

Casey and I said bye as he walked out. "I still wonder what you see in him."

"Well, sometimes I wonder what you see in Matt so I guess we're even."

Casey and I just talked for a while until Zacky came back around nine. She left and Zacky plopped down next to me. We watched 'Christine' until I almost passed out on Zacky's shoulder.

I got up and started going up to my room then stopped. I went back to the living room where Zacky was getting comfortable on the couch and pulled him up. I led him up to my room where he gave me a questioning look.

"I want you to sleep up here tonight."

He smirked at me. "Aw, is Raven scared the boogey man's gonna get her?"

"Hell yeah I am. Have you seen that guy?" I said jokingly.

Zacky laid down on the bed. I changed, turned off the lights, and crawled in next to him. He wrapped his arms around me and almost right after, I drifted off to sleep.

The next afternoon, Zacky had practice with the band. I stayed home with Cerberus and watched T.V. The doorbell rang and I jumped a bit (I was doing that a lot lately). I went to the door and opened it. It was Detective Hartman.

"Hello, Raven. How have you been?"

I shrugged. "Okay I guess."

I invited him in then asked, "Is there a reason you're here?"

"Yes, I wanted to ask you some questions."

I led him into the living room. "Raven, do you know of anyone who mihgt have wanted to kill your parents for any reason?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Alright." He reached into his pocket and pulled out two bullets. "These were the bullets found in you parents' skulls." Hartman handed them to me.

I stared down at them. They had an insignia on them that I had seen before. My boss had shown it to me. It was the sign of a rival gang that depicted a deranged looking eagle with crossed guns behind it.

"Have you ever seen this symbol before?"

"No," I lied. I couldn't tell him the truth. That would lead to more questions which could get me into trouble. "Can I keep these? Just in case I do see it?"

"Sure. That's all I needed. Thank you." He started to get up and leave then stopped. "If you ever need me, here's my card." He handed me his card and I told him I'd be sure to call.

I now held in my hand the first key to my revenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nother Chapter!

I <3 comments!

M. Vengeance